Mr-ttaM's Awesome Trophy Trove

Mr-ttaM

10 hours ago, emzynitro__ said:

Wow it looks like you had quite a busy 2018 ?1f62e.png 2020 might be just as fruitful too!

Yeah, some years were up and some were down. That's how it goes. I think there's probably a correlation between how much I was playing other non-PlayStation games and the number of trophies earned. :lol:

10 hours ago, damcrac5 said:

One question... What was going on between July 3rd through the 12?  Trying to get 1 trophy on every game you own?  LOL.  It is crazy to see that many games getting 1-2 trophies and then on to the next.

That was a weird time, and was all because of the bean dive event over on TrueTrophies which I was really on the fence about, but eventually decided to join. The idea is basically: starting backlog games helps to actually commit to playing them since they're forever on the profile, and there were a lot of games which I owned but hadn't ever played. Here they all are in one picture.

Spoiler

unknown.png?width=1050&height=676

I've gotten through a few of them, and have a long way still to go.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

It's been a while, how is everyone doing? <3 Here's a bunch of updates from the last few months.

I'm going to share games I've started (first impressions), finished (closing thoughts), or made significant progress in. I might skip some to keep this kind of concise, and because it's not the most interesting to share.

Started

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim

Barely scratched the surface on this one, but I've been highly recommended it and am looking forward to getting into it. First impressions:

• Great art style!
  • Lots of reading
    I was playing late and don't really remember too much of what happened, so will probably restart when I get into it for real and knowing what kind of game it is, will make sure I'm in the right mindset for it.

Haven

Haven't gotten far here either but the game is beautiful! First impressions:

• The two MCs are cute as heck together
  • The traversal is really nice!

Key We
Cute game, but I don't think it's tuned quite right. First impressions:

• It's fun! The levels are really creative puzzles essentially.
  • I've only played solo, but I think it's designed to be played co-op. The 3 ⭐ times seem literally impossible solo. I tried for a few hours to try get a 3 ⭐ time on an early level and couldn't.
  • I don't think I'll ever want to put in the time to grind this one out, esp. since I don't have a player 2
  • It's pretty fun and chill, but can also be frantic and chaotic, in the same kind of way as Overcooked.

Tales of Arise
Although I haven't made too much progress in this yet, the setting is neat. First impressions:

• I like the 'enemies' teaming up thing. It's a big heck yeah @ not being a jerk and judging people
  • I haven't really played a Tales of game since the PS3 era with Xillia. I'm hoping Arise puts me in the mood to go back and finish up Zestiria, and check out Berseria + Vesperia etc.

Progressed in

Detroit: Become Human
Played a bit more, and am excited to see how the story turns out! I can see it's gonna take a darker turn soon, and get quite emotional, which is good!

Genshin Impact 43 / 50 (+14) 73%
Huge progress on this in the past couple months. Although I'm playing on the PS4 version (and will until I finish the trophy list here), I'm very close (2 trophies off) to the platinum which the PS5 version has. What's left is finishing some dungeons, finishing some quests, grinding city reputation (time-gated as I can only do so much each week, so am a few months off), and exploring for collectibles.

The Wolf Among Us
This game has a really fun setting and the story so far is engaging! Think murder mystery with fairy tale characters. I'm only a couple chapters in, but am genuinely excited to see where it goes. I'm expecting lots of twists and am going to try not see through the illusion of choice too much!

Murdered: Soul Suspect
This is a game I picked up in October to go with spooky horror vibes and it's fun. I didn't finish it up because of trying to beat Friday The 13th during Oct. The game is essentially playing as a ghost detective, trying to solve your own murder by using new ghostly powers. I'm excited to see where it goes. There are so many collectibles which i'm probably missing more than a few of, so am expecting to need a second, maybe-guided playthrough for this one.

Finished

Death end re;Quest :platinum:

After finishing off the story which took me 20-something hours, I managed to zoom through NG+ in about 2-3 hours and finished again quite quickly and got the rest of the trophies really quick. It was pretty fun trying to go fast.

Kotodama :platinum:

This was a weird game which I didn't vibe with too much so I sort of zoomed through it since the story wasn't drawing me in.

Mom Hid My Name 7 / 7 (+4) 100% 1f4af.png

This game was fun. Or at least the puzzle aspect. The minigame at the end not so much...

Hitman 3
This was a fun game. I enjoyed it a bunch. In the end I looked up a couple things to finish out the levels. I didn't complete every in-game challenge, which I might go back for at some point for no other reason than it's a fun time. I'll probably do that on the PS5 so I can explore the different maps some more in an even shinier form!

Life is Strange: True Colors :platinum:
This was a fun game. I enjoyed the setting and superpower. It was an emotional ride which is what I expected! One thing I do want to call out as I've not seen it in any other game is an accessibility option which gives warnings before loud or potentially triggering scenes so players are ready and can adjust volumes appropriately. I'm really looking forward to the LiS 1 / Before the Storm remasters too, which I think are due early next year.

Friday the 13th: The Video Game :platinum:
This might be the biggest grind I've done for a trophy. All in all, the game took me around 150 hours, but the last 6 trophies took me around 100 hours of that which involved playing 1000 games as campers (Councillors) and 1000 games as Jason. It was pretty slow and loading times were long, but it was a nice Netflix and Chill experience and I got through a few shows on the side. :D

First Class Trouble :platinum:

This is a pretty interesting game if you're okay with talking to other players over voice. It's a game of deception where 2 of 6 players are murder robots blending in and trying to kill the other 4 without getting caught before they complete their objective of shutting down the robot mainframe. A couple trophies are incredibly hard to get through legitimate play but luckily I found a friendly boosting group.

I've also decided that this is my F for the Platinum Alphabet, so next up is G which will be Gravity Rush 2.

√Letter: Last Answer :platinum:

Zooming through this one as I played the original version. But still enjoying the differences from the other version.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Hey all! I've been slack and kinda forgot to drop updates here. So it's been a while!

Here's my rough summary of my gaming adventures for the first half of the year.

I'd like to get into the habit of doing these updates either once per week or once per game complete and

maybe go into more details as all the info will be more fresh. But we'll see how that goes.

Trying out a new format; hopefully it looks okay for everyone!

For now, have a bulk update!

Doki Doki Literature Club Plus
S612223.png
Time to complete: 40 hours
Overall very emotional game! I had watched part of a playthrough (Markiplier's) back in 2017

when it had first came to Steam, so a lot of the shock and horror parts didn't have the

same impact that they would have if I went in blind, but I'm glad I was prepared for it at least.

I really liked the extra content added in the Plus ver. though, esp. the side stories, which

is more getting to know everyone without the spooks.

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

S514121.png

Time to complete: 10 hours

A shorter experience, but I enjoyed it. I especially liked the perspective-based environmental puzzles.

There some something satisfying about searching around and finding just the right spot.

Maneater

Sc3efa1.png

Time to complete: 24 hours

Fun and very different game. It was kind of nice just swimming around and looking for collectibles,

but also the story was interesting too. Also the DLC was wild!

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

S857192.png

Time to complete: 20 hours

I don't think I really need to say anything here. You've all heard it's amazing :D And I have to agree!

Genshin Impact

Sb78f90.png

Time to complete: About 1000 hours probably?

I had most of the trophies much sooner, but just couldn't best the abyss. What changed? I think it was

getting Zhongli in the re-run which really helped. It enabled me to use Hu Tao more effectively and

that was the DPS boost I needed to clear the last 12-3 chamber in time.

My play time is now at about 1600 hours :D The most recent addition to the squad is Kuki, who

is way under leveled to officially join, but she's cool. Itto might come home soon too, we'll see!

A Plague Tale: Innocence

S41dce2.png

Time to complete: 21 hours

This was a long overdue. I've been intrigued by the game since it was announced, and somehow just never got

to playing it. The rat-based puzzle solving was fun. The sound and sight of getting consumed by thousands of rats?

Not so much. Hugo's a good boy though and I'm excited for Requiem!

Code Realize: Future Blessing

S440045.png

Time to complete: Idk, 50 hours? Vita doesn't track.

I had fun with this. I have no idea why I did Future Blessing before Guardian of Rebirth, but I don't think it mattered

too much. Everything made sense and I liked the Victorian / Steampunk kind of setting a lot. Also Sisi's a good boy.

Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star

S545021.png

Time to complete: 12 hours

This didn't pull me in as much as the first game, but it was fine. I think I enjoyed the radio stories the most. They

were funny.

Elden Ring

S5d4f78.png

Time to complete: 106 hours

I was weary to play, but had a really encouraging group of people who helped a lot! My build was int-based sorcerer with

glintstone, then rock sling, and transition to using Rotten Breath dragon spells for a lot of stuff. The spit-and-run tactics!

I ended up using Crystal Sword a lot for slashy slashy.

I couldn't have beaten the game normally, but due to over-leveling with cheese, I managed okay!

Sly Minigames

S929f9b.png

Time to complete: A few hours

Pretty simple and easy minigames. Took a few tries but there wasn't anything I got stuck on really from what I recall.

I had completed 3 of the 4 minigames back when I did Sly 1/2 but hadn't unlocked the last from Sly 3 until more recently.

Speaking of Sly 3, I did get the platinum but ran into PS3 hardware issues so am unable to sync it up.

And Sly 3 save data is copy-protected so I can't USB it to a different PS3. So it'll be a full 100% replay from scratch.

I'll get it eventually, but right now I'm not ready to go back right away. :D

Code Realize: Guardian of Rebirth

S74682f.png

Time to complete: A few hours

I shamefully skipped through this one without reading. I zoomed through it at the end of the month because

I needed to finish off a game for an event.

I'll catch up and read through it when I get around to doing the collection, Bouquet of Rainbows, before jumping into

Wintertide Miracles.

Final Fantasy X-2

Sfacd1b.png

Time to complete: 203 hours

I had played this as a kid, and enjoyed it a lot. Playing it again now had all the nostalgia and I enjoyed it

a bunch as I thought I would. Shoutout to Keyblade999 for a wonderful guide / checklist to make getting

the 100% infinitely more possible. I struggled so hard back in the day to not miss stuff.

The gameplay of Last Mission was honestly fun too. I think it took me maybe 7-8 runs to get a

good one going. It was very different to anything I've played before.

My Name is Mayo 3

Sfc9691.png

Time to complete: 47 minutes

Had a fun time with this. Picked up the game at midnight and finished it in one sitting before bed.

And had a real good time. I especially liked the credits. They had a lot of fun making those I bet.

Detroit: Become Human

S6bb3db.png

Time to complete: 109 hours

I played through blind and had a bit of decision anxiety, which is part of what made it take so long. I did manage to

get through the game with no casualties though which is awesome! Had I failed that, it would probably be

+20 hours to go through again and make new choices xD

Control

Sa88bbe.png

Time to complete: 120 hours

Another fun game! Another that took longer than it probably should have and one that I have no regret in

taking my time. I did have to look up a few things at the end, esp. in The Foundation DLC. But overall, things were

pretty intuitive!

I played with some of the modifiers like aim assist and reduced damage by a bit (was mostly at -30%

but upped it to -50% at some points which were tough)

Crash Bandicoot: Warped

Saacf5e.png

Time to complete: 30 hours? 99h on the trilogy

I played the majority of this a while ago, but got stuck on a few relics for a good amount of time and put it down.

But after seeing some chatter on Discord with a couple tips, I gave it another shot and got through the main

thing that I was stuck on within an hour! After that, everything kinda fell into place and I got through the remaining

time trials and cleaned up.

I haven't tried the DLC level yet but would like to at least give it a go.

Batman: The Telltale Series

S64c88b.png

Time to complete: 46 hours

I enjoyed The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us, so had an inkling I'd enjoy Batman too, and I did!

Some more hard decisions to make here. Some where neither of them was 'better' and both had consequences. It was

honestly pretty difficult. I don't know how much impact they had, but I had a good experience nonetheless.

Dream Daddy

Scfa78c.png

Time to complete: 66 hours

This was my pick of game for pride month, and was getting a little worried I'd not be able to finish it in time, when I

saw I had 3 / 19 trophies after 2-ish weeks of playing casually, but everything came together in the past couple

days and lots of trophies popped!

Last night was a good few hours practicing minigolf to get the 18 holes-in-one trophy. It came home in the end.