Difficulty in this game

MajorasMasked

From what I've been playing so far, I would say not all that difficult. I have had some issues with the responsiveness in some of the actions you need to preform, such as chopping vegetables which feels like it doesn't chop as quickly, such as when you need to dice up a vegetable like a spring onion.

But all in all, not had any real difficulty in any of the recipes so far, maybe just one or two restarts because timer wise. And going through the traditional recipes you seem to unlock the other trophies along the way, save for the odd one that is like customization stuff.

• 5 weeks later...

That would all depend on what you personally consider hard. I find that the mini games are often really unresponsive, which makes clearing recipes on the hardest difficulty really frustrating. I've kinda given up on the game for now, and I'm not sure if I'll be going back to it. The price is also ludicrous for what it is. Never wanted to refund a game this badly before, it's just very lazily put together. The sound effects are poor, and the voice lines of Mama herself sound like shit, and that, paired with failing recipes because inputs wouldn't register right, makes for a very unpleasant experience  I don't know if they'll be updating the game, or fixing anything, or if it they've just thrown it out on the market and then and wiped their hands of the whole thing, but if they do fix stuff, I might give it another go.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, johamburgers said:

That would all depend on what you personally consider hard. I find that the mini games are often really unresponsive, which makes clearing recipes on the hardest difficulty really frustrating. I've kinda given up on the game for now, and I'm not sure if I'll be going back to it. The price is also ludicrous for what it is. Never wanted to refund a game this badly before, it's just very lazily put together. The sound effects are poor, and the voice lines of Mama herself sound like shit, and that, paired with failing recipes because inputs wouldn't register right, makes for a very unpleasant experience  I don't know if they'll be updating the game, or fixing anything, or if it they've just thrown it out on the market and then and wiped their hands of the whole thing, but if they do fix stuff, I might give it another go.

This. 

I am going fucking mad. I only need to finish ONE recipe on cookstar mode for platinum. Poke bowl. But during cutting minigame the game doesn't register fast cuts which results in weird pauses, which results in me not being able to make this recipe with 100% rating. I always end up with one chop needed for green onions. One chop left and timer runs out. I am about to throw that disk out of the window. Or will end up breaking dualsense because of number of tries I did. 

Who would think that the most frustrating game I have ever played would be damn cooking mama. 

Edited by Forunth

9 hours ago, Forunth said:

This. 

I am going fucking mad. I only need to finish ONE recipe on cookstar mode for platinum. Poke bowl. But during cutting minigame the game doesn't register fast cuts which results in weird pauses, which results in me not being able to make this recipe with 100% rating. I always end up with one chop needed for green onions. One chop left and timer runs out. I am about to throw that disk out of the window. Or will end up breaking dualsense because of number of tries I did. 

Who would think that the most frustrating game I have ever played would be damn cooking mama. 

This game is about as fun as forcing a wheelchair bound grandfather to run a marathon. There are maybe 3 ost totals that last about 20 seconds in length, and they will loop over and over and over again. Speaking of looping, annoyed at Cooking Mama’s intelligible one-liners and occasional yawning that sounds like moaning? Get used to it, because like the music it’ll play over and over again. The game is optimized like Sega CD trying to run a lox bagel shoved in the disc drive, some mini-games are downright unplayable due to the controls just not getting picked up no matter how much you try. Not to mention you have to complete every single dish PERFECTLY on Cookstar mode. Meaning no button prompts as well as the fact that if you fuck up ONCE. ONE TIME, you will get 2 stars. If it is a 10 step dish, and you get 2 stars on 1 step, YOU WILL GET 2 STARS. IT DOESN’T MATTER IF YOU DO IT PERFECTLY IF YOU MISS ONE PROMPT IT’S OVER. This game is about as fun as Schindler’s List, I have no idea how the platinum is uncommon. Avoid like the bubonic plague. 

Edited by OnePieceDude
  • Like 2