Diamond Knack relics

Stephtacularrr

I just have one question about the farming method in Knack (the one where you open the same chest over and over and quit out if you don't get a diamond) is it less common to get a diamond in normal difficulty?

And should you start doing the method when you have more of the other relics?

I've been at it opening the same chest for about an hour and a half now, and still no sign of a diamond. :(

Also if people could add me on the PSN network, I need all the other relics to build the other Knacks.

My PSN name is Stephtacularrr

• Like 1

Well really does not matter normal or hard! I got 10 on hard and 4 on normal I got 16 diamonds and 1 on easy! And the friends gift way shows no diamonds I tried it so many times and never shows up! Have to do it the hard way yourself :) And I got 16 diamonds on 8 times I passed the game YES 8 times I did this sigh!!

I tried the farming method for a couple of hours with no luck. I found it annoying and extremely boring. Plus, I didn't like the idea of constantly hard-quitting out of the game and re-booting the disc back up. It took me almost 3 full playthroughs on normal to get my 10 diamonds. I believe I got 3, 4, then 3. 

I'm not sure if difficulty affects diamonds or not. Also, I'm not sure if you can get diamonds from the app. Some people claim that they did, and some people even claim that they got them from friends. I had no luck with either. 

Edited by MatCauthon
  • Like 1

I tried the farming method for a couple of hours with no luck. I found it annoying and extremely boring. Plus, I didn't like the idea of constantly hard-quitting out of the game and re-booting the disc back up. It took me almost 3 full playthroughs on normal to get my 10 diamonds. I believe I got 3, 4, then 3. 

I'm not sure if difficulty affects diamonds or not. Also, I'm not sure if you can get diamonds from the app. Some people claim that they did, and some people even claim that they got them from friends. I had no luck with either. 

Yeah so far I'm hating the farming method, I agree talk about boring! 

I've got another question when you have completed another knack since it is account bound, does that mean you stop finding those relics?
Would it help if I had completed some other Knacks so it would be easier/more common for me to get diamonds?

• Like 1

Yeah so far I'm hating the farming method, I agree talk about boring! 

I've got another question when you have completed another knack since it is account bound, does that mean you stop finding those relics?

Would it help if I had completed some other Knacks so it would be easier/more common for me to get diamonds?

No... unfortunately you will keep finding all relics. You stop finding parts when you complete equipment, however. I have 60+ of every relic on my one save file! (except for diamond)

I thought that if you started a new playthrough your equipment didn't transfer over so wouldn't I have to find all the parts again? If not that is great news!  :lol:

(sorry the quote thing didn't work for some reason :( )

I answered in your other topic as well. Nothing transfers over to a new playthrough that is on a different save file. When you unlock new Knacks, they will be available to use on any new playthrough or in the challenges, so you don't have to collect those relics again. The relics will continue to appear even when you've completed each Knack. Gadget parts have to be collected for each save file. Unliks relics, once you've collected a specific gadget part, it will no longer appear for you to collect from a chest on that save file. 

• 2 weeks later...

No... unfortunately you will keep finding all relics. You stop finding parts when you complete equipment, however. I have 60+ of every relic on my one save file! (except for diamond)

Lucky. I got 11 Diamonds but didn't complete Sunstone and Massive Knack yet. Wanna spot me a couple of those relics?

• 2 weeks later...

ADD ME . I S E N D RELICS EVERY SINGLE TIME THAT I RECEIVE ONE. My Psn is Teddie_Burr . Just put KNACK in the friend request message. Thx

ADD ME . I S E N D RELICS EVERY SINGLE TIME THAT I RECEIVE ONE. My Psn is Teddie_Burr . Just put KNACK in the friend request message. Thx

• Like 1

I'm on my 3rd play-through now and I have only got 1 diamond so far.  I am playing on Normal difficulty and am waiting to get Diamond Knack before starting a play-through on Hard difficulty.  I'm very close to getting Sunstone Knack and once I get him and the "Sunstone Metal" trophy then the only Knack I have left to get is Diamond Knack.  I wish that the gems would disappear like the way the gadgets do when something is completed.  It does not please me that I am getting gems for Knacks that I have already completed.  I also don't like how you can't get Diamonds from friends.  Anyways if anyone wants to add me I'm Monkeydad1977.  Just put "Knack" in the friend invite so that I know what's going on. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm on my 3rd play-through now and I have only got 1 diamond so far.  I am playing on Normal difficulty and am waiting to get Diamond Knack before starting a play-through on Hard difficulty.  I'm very close to getting Sunstone Knack and once I get him and the "Sunstone Metal" trophy then the only Knack I have left to get is Diamond Knack.  I wish that the gems would disappear like the way the gadgets do when something is completed.  It does not please me that I am getting gems for Knacks that I have already completed.  I also don't like how you can't get Diamonds from friends.  Anyways if anyone wants to add me I'm Monkeydad1977.  Just put "Knack" in the friend invite so that I know what's going on. 

Surely then difficulty matters. Either that or you are very unlucky. I'm trying to first playthrough on hard, with standard Knack it's fairly challenging. I might just be terrible at this game though.

Surely then difficulty matters. Either that or you are very unlucky. I'm trying to first playthrough on hard, with standard Knack it's fairly challenging. I might just be terrible at this game though.

No, the game would be pretty challenging on Hard using standard Knack. I don't know if difficulty matters, but it took me almost 3 full playthroughs to get 10 diamonds playing on Normal. 

Playing on hard, first play through. At this stage I'm at chapter 12 and I have found one, at this rate this is going to be a very very painful process. But at least I'm having fun :)

Nah, what I did was after the hard playthrough, make a new normal save and get all the diamonds on that as the game is a easier and it doesn't make diamonds more rare, I did farm the chests, but was done before the end of the second playthrough. I was enjoying the game, but the amount of playthroughs I would of had to do to platinum this was starting to make it not fun. xD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Farming method is definitely the way to go.  After playing though pointlessly on Hard 3 times, I only had one diamond to show for it.  I failed to find a single diamond in 3 playthroughs each on Easy and Normal.

Used the farming method and unlocked Diamond Knack in two days through the last half of the game on one easy playthrough and the first half of the next.  I started the farming method around chapter 8-1 on one playthrough after reaching that point with 0 diamonds, and farmed at every chest that was within a couple of minutes of the start of the chapter.  At one point late in the game, I actually got diamonds out of three straight chests after farming the first of the three for about an hour.  I got my 10th diamond somewhere around chapter 4 on the next playthrough, and ended that playthrough last night with 11 diamonds total for that save file.

I am currently at chapter 2-2 on very hard using diamond knack, and have already breezed through the challenge modes of the game (using Diamond Knack, I only had to replay one of the challenges over to get five stars (Pro-tip:  Use a super move every time you are facing more than 3 enemies and you have a super move to use).  Knack Master is the final trophy I need for the Platinum.