Call of Duty: Vanguard (2021, November 5)

ziggypossum

3 hours ago, Ghost said:

PlayStation 5: 64.13 GB Download | 89.84 GB Required Space

PlayStation 4: 54.65 GB Download | 93.12 GB Required Space

Xbox Series X |S: 61 GB Download | 61 GB Required Space

Xbox One: 56.6 GB Download | 56.6 GB Required Space

Why the hell is the PS4/PS5 needing double the size whereas Xbox is the exact same? I thought the PS5 went away with the stupid copying/double installing shit.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Why the hell is the PS4/PS5 needing double the size whereas Xbox is the exact same? I thought the PS5 went away with the stupid copying/double installing shit.

It didn't and sometimes the updates after an install takes ages after the actual download just like the ps4.

49 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

playstation is reserving some space on your hard drive no matter what game you install. I think the game only blocks 64 or 54gb but you need 89 or 93 gb of free space to be able to install it. Maybe the reserved space on xbox is invisible and you can actually use everything that you can see.

Until the battle royale train stops moving, nothing will change that. MW2019 was the most succesfull CoD of all time even tho it's the worst cod of all in my opinion. Vanguard is a mw2019 reskin in ww2 setting in my opinion. Thank god the gta trilogy arrives 6 days after this game so i wouldn't even need this game.

6 minutes ago, westersburg said:

Until the battle royale train stops moving, nothing will change that. MW2019 was the most succesfull CoD of all time even tho it's the worst cod of all in my opinion. Vanguard is a mw2019 reskin in ww2 setting in my opinion. Thank god the gta trilogy arrives 6 days after this game so i wouldn't even need this game.

Agree with everything you said. MW 2019 is indeed the worst ever, the campaign was good but the rest was the dictionary definition of junk. Thank god for the GTA Trilogy indeed. The money I usually spend on COD is going on GTA instead. 

3 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

Agree with everything you said. MW 2019 is indeed the worst ever, the campaign was good but the rest was the dictionary definition of junk. Thank god for the GTA Trilogy indeed. The money I usually spend on COD is going on GTA instead. 

Personally i think even the story is overrated haha. Especially if you compare it to the recent Black Ops Cold War, which had a really good story imo. Spec Ops and MP are complete garbage and story is average i'd rank it on a similar level with ghosts. Original Trilogy was waaaaay better.

Edited by westersburg

2 hours ago, Potent_Delusions said:

This series is absolute dogshit and I seriously mean that as someone who adored it from 2008-2018. The games are pure junk: skill based matchmaking killed the fun in multiplayer for pretty much anyone who is of decent standard or above, the zombies has become supremely unimaginative and boring since Jason Blundell left (many reused maps, complete lack of story, the new maps they do make are very very very forgettable), hell...they even managed to make the fan favourite Spec Ops mode a complete bore fest.

There is literally no hype for this game. It's as if it comes out in 8 months, not 8 days. Warzone (which is a horrible mode in itself) means that the games it is part of get hardly any support (Cold war is a good example, the multiplayer was all but abandoned after a few months, and the zombies barely gets any added content either). It will be the same with Vanguard. 

Being a good COD player does nothing but produce negative experiences now and the new players don't get better without being kicked around a bit. We where all shite to begin with but now it's an unnecessary class war fueled by the greedy Activision and the greedier Bobby Kotick.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Z1MZUM said:

Being a good COD player does nothing but produce negative experiences now and the new players don't get better without being kicked around a bit. We where all shite to begin with but now it's an unnecessary class war fueled by the greedy Activision and the greedier Bobby Kotick.

100%

i started cod shortly before black ops 1 released and even tho i played a handful of fps before (bad company 1+2, 007 QoS etc) i completely sucked at the start and had a kd of 0.5 for a few weeks. Improving and getting better in a game is what makes a game fun for a lot of players. Also it feels rewarding if you can reward yourself by performing well against players who aren't as good as you are.  There is literally no learning curve at all when you have such strict skill based matchmaking and having a sharp learning curve is what makes games a lot of fun for a long time.

The game is still gonna do great no matter what since it’s linked to Warzone.

For the last year pretty much the whole meta in Warzone revolved around Cold War weapons, and if you didn’t have them completely maxed out in your loadout you were in a serious disadvantage.

Now that we’re approaching the end of Cold War life cycle we’re seeing most of its weapons are getting nerfed, it’s pretty obvious they’re preparing us for a Vanguard meta when the game drops.

Sure, you get access to all the new weapons in Warzone even if you don’t own the games, but leveling them up in Warzone is incredibly tedious, so most of the player base will just purchase Vanguard for that purpose.

7 minutes ago, iFraaN97 said:

The game is still gonna do great no matter what since it’s linked to Warzone.

For the last year pretty much the whole meta in Warzone revolved around Cold War weapons, and if you didn’t have them completely maxed out in your loadout you were in a serious disadvantage.

Now that we’re approaching the end of Cold War life cycle we’re seeing most of its weapons are getting nerfed, it’s pretty obvious they’re preparing us for a Vanguard meta when the game drops.

Sure, you get access to all the new weapons in Warzone even if you don’t own the games, but leveling them up in Warzone is incredibly tedious, so most of the player base will just purchase Vanguard for that purpose.

That's literally the main reason why mw2019 and warzone performed so well. I don't know many people who really enjoyed these 2 multiplayer modes compared to the rest of the series.

3 minutes ago, westersburg said:

That's literally the main reason why mw2019 and warzone performed so well. I don't know many people who really enjoyed these 2 multiplayer modes compared to the rest of the series.

That’s the reason why Cold War performed well actually, since it got linked to Warzone one month after release.

MW2019 doesn’t really feel like a CoD game at all, hell, do you guys remember they even removed the mini map in one of the first betas? 
It’s an interesting case, because most of us that have been around since the golden age of the series really disliked the changes and pretty much skipped the game for the whole year, however it’s pretty well received overall for any other FPS player really. 

I personally find MW2019 multiplayer to be by far the worst in the series, even worse than CoD Ghosts.

However I’m pretty happy with Cold War, they did a great job with the new content each season. 

At this point I just accepted SBMM, it’s not going away any time soon.

I went from a 3.40kd in black ops 4 (the last cod without strict SBMM, just the team balancing bs for solo players) to around 1.50kd in mw2019 / Cold War.

If you just accept that you’re not gonna dominate every single lobby like you used to in the past decade and take every game like a “competitive” experience it’s super rewarding when you actually manage to do well.

19 minutes ago, iFraaN97 said:

That’s the reason why Cold War performed well actually, since it got linked to Warzone one month after release.

MW2019 doesn’t really feel like a CoD game at all, hell, do you guys remember they even removed the mini map in one of the first betas? 
It’s an interesting case, because most of us that have been around since the golden age of the series really disliked the changes and pretty much skipped the game for the whole year, however it’s pretty well received overall for any other FPS player really. 

I personally find MW2019 multiplayer to be by far the worst in the series, even worse than CoD Ghosts.

However I’m pretty happy with Cold War, they did a great job with the new content each season. 

I went from a 3.40kd in black ops 4 (the last cod without strict SBMM, just the team balancing bs for solo players) to around 1.50kd in mw2019 / Cold War.

If you just accept that you’re not gonna dominate every single lobby like you used to in the past decade and take every game like a “competitive” experience it’s super rewarding when you actually manage to do well.

yeah my bad. Wanted to write mw2019 and cold war

20 minutes ago, iFraaN97 said:

every single cod since aw had some sort of sbmm, but it was never as bad as it was in AW, MW2019 and BOCW. But it wasn't complete absent as it was in cod4-mw3. Bo2 had it first, but it was removed iirc.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, westersburg said:

100%

i started cod shortly before black ops 1 released and even tho i played a handful of fps before (bad company 1+2, 007 QoS etc) i completely sucked at the start and had a kd of 0.5 for a few weeks. Improving and getting better in a game is what makes a game fun for a lot of players. Also it feels rewarding if you can reward yourself by performing well against players who aren't as good as you are.  There is literally no learning curve at all when you have such strict skill based matchmaking and having a sharp learning curve is what makes games a lot of fun for a long time.

Getting kicked out of lobbies after every round is completely retarded though the prestige system is even worse. Cold war has absolutely zero challenges as the rewards are now just simply bought in the store, Being a %100er actually gives you NOTHING. Without SBMM didn't mean you'd dominate every lobby, it meant that each round was different as opposed to being exactly the same as it is now. As a gamer who lives in Australia I am matched up with people on the other side of the planet thanks to SBMM, it is truly fucked.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Z1MZUM said:

Getting kicked out of lobbies after every round is completely retarded though the prestige system is even worse. Cold war has absolutely zero challenges as the rewards are now just simply bought in the store, Being a %100er actually gives you NOTHING. Without SBMM didn't mean you'd dominate every lobby, it meant that each round was different as opposed to being exactly the same as it is now. As a gamer who lives in Australia I am matched up with people on the other side of the planet thanks to SBMM, it is truly fucked.

Yeah connection is completely garbage. It has improved over the p2p days on ps3 but compared to other AAA multiplayer titles it's still really bad. Ping has such a big variety within a match, which is not the case in battlefield for example.

On 29.10.2021 at 10:36 PM, OmegaRejectz said:

ahhahaahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha. you're shit-talking COD then handing Rockstar money for an awful remaster.

since you only played gta 5 on a profile i assume you haven't played the trilogy. I assume you were too young when these games came out our you are just a new gen in general. This remaster is for the OGs, who definitely didn't want the realistic look that gta5 has. Technical improvements are there and even impressive in some form, but they stayed close to the original in style which most people like.

Also these 3 games are good in general, but the last cods definitely weren't. I can tell you that i'm not a cod hater at all. I played the modern warfare trilogy for thousands of hours and mw2 is one of my top 3 games of all time (as you probably could tell from my profile picture).

Edited by westersburg
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, westersburg said:

This remaster is for the OGs, who definitely didn't want the realistic look that gta5 has. Technical improvements are there and even impressive in some form, but they stayed close to the original in style which most people like.

All that is cap.

4chan tore the shit out of these games. Characters look like Sims and lighting is all fucked. I wouldn't be surprised if these games end up having more glitches than the originals and then end up being a technical mess on top of that. This collection is easily a cash grab and the main RockStar team wasn't even working on it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mcnichoj said:

All that is cap.

4chan tore the shit out of these games. Characters look like Sims and lighting is all fucked. I wouldn't be surprised if these games end up having more glitches than the originals and then end up being a technical mess on top of that. This collection is easily a cash grab and the main RockStar team wasn't even working on it.

wow you take 4chan as as credible source nice one. Yeah it's not made by rockstar themself (most of big remasters aren't). Look at technical analysis' of tech experts which show you the technical improvements. That being said, i won't argue with people who haven't played the 3d collection originals anymore.

1 hour ago, westersburg said:

That being said, i won't argue with people who haven't played the 3d collection originals anymore.

Nice strawman. I'm over thirty, I played both Vice City and San Andres the years they came out. Also played Vice City Stories. VC is probably ranked somewhere in my top 20 games of all time. Had to hunt down a code for the GTA 3D collection to own them on Steam back when they were removed the first time. I played VC to 100% completion on the PS2 without cheats.

Fuck outta here with that "haven't played the originals" bullshit.

It's BECAUSE I've played the originals I can credibly say this remaster is soulless.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PayneKillerTears said:

The last good cod mp experience was mw2

They’ve all gone downhill since then

Fight me 

it's a shame that mw2 hasn't had the multiplayer remastered.