If there was a tool to unlock Darksiders II online trophy, would you use it?

PostalDudeRus

1 hour ago, enaysoft said:

Wouldn't popping the trophy just get you banned off the site for cheating?

There's specific requirements that need to be met before this type of stuff is allowed; mainly that the source code's available, and that the trophy needs to be earned by doing the original requirements in-game.

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 2

It's currently the only game with unobtainable trophies on my main profile, so if it got approved I probably would.

My question is, I recall this game used to have an online "crucible" pass, would this feature be accessible with a used copy of the game?

1 hour ago, NamoPh said:

My question is, I recall this game used to have an online "crucible" pass, would this feature be accessible with a used copy of the game?

Yeah, anyone could get this trophy. The crucible pass was for some single player combat arena thing, although that still had trophies of its own.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What a coincidence!  Working through my backlog, grumbling about this unachievable plat and see your post.  I would love it if there was a free, legal way to do this!  It's not so important to me that I would throw money at it but it would be nice to get at least one of these unachievable games off my list.  

Edited by deadpoolfan01
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

@PostalDudeRus Hi. Some months have passed since your initial post and I would love to know if the responses here stimulated your friend to continue the project or not. Thanks in advance for reaching out in this community, I'd love to help if I also had enough experience with reverse-engineering game coding, but alas I'm just an amateur at coding.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
17 minutes ago, PostalDudeRus said:

So sorry for such a late response, I do visit this forum sometimes, but more rarely with each day, I just saw this topic because of bump. So, long story short, we did some progress but we abandoned project due to poor community response, I've made reddit and topic here and gave links to my partner (who was leading project, he is mastermind in reverse-engineering and done/doing very complex things with game engines, my role was network coding). He refused to continue because he involved in different profitable and more interesting projects atm, me currently working in music producing, we still in contact, but again, he have no interest in helping me if he got nothing else to do atm (and he is). What we managed to do:

- We found out public key of certificate, when connection establishes between client and server. We found out what domains game trying to reach when trying to establish connection and we were about to make simple software that "catches" game requests and sends some dummy info in return, but that was hardest part. We did everything on original PC version, but after running some reverse-engineer test we also did find that same game build were compiled for different consoles, so if we would spend couple of month on this project we probably could make "master server emulator".

WE MIGHT return to it one day, but I can't promise anything beyond that.

hi thanks for the update and working on that, i was wondering where did you learn to do that and where someone should start in order to learn doing that kind of thing ?

What’s really make me angry , the one who wrote the guide & anyone will write a guide you know for sure that the guide meant for trophies hunters & never tag online trophies in the guide & bingo the game axed cuz you thought you can get in offline mode & that’s why I relay on Xbox achievements guide , guess what? cuz it’s better.

• Like 1

If its a 3rd party server I am pretty sure at least some people would go for it. Especially completionists that have ps3 version on their profile.
If the trophy can be done legit with this 3rd party server and the code is free for everyone to see - mostly PSNP mods to approve that no trophies can be autopopped with it.

7 hours ago, PostalDudeRus said:

So sorry for such a late response, I do visit this forum sometimes, but more rarely with each day, I just saw this topic because of bump. So, long story short, we did some progress but we abandoned project due to poor community response, I've made reddit and topic here and gave links to my partner (who was leading project, he is mastermind in reverse-engineering and done/doing very complex things with game engines, my role was network coding). He refused to continue because he involved in different profitable and more interesting projects atm, me currently working in music producing, we still in contact, but again, he have no interest in helping me if he got nothing else to do atm (and he is). What we managed to do:

- We found out public key of certificate, when connection establishes between client and server. We found out what domains game trying to reach when trying to establish connection and we were about to make simple software that "catches" game requests and sends some dummy info in return, but that was hardest part. We did everything on original PC version, but after running some reverse-engineer test we also did find that same game build were compiled for different consoles, so if we would spend couple of month on this project we probably could make "master server emulator".

Thank you for answering me back, very kind of you. I totally understand you and your partner have other priorities and didn't pursue this project due to lack of much interest by players.

Also very nice to read what progress you made even the project itself doesn't go further, it's nice to read updates.

Finally, I will still be keeping an eye on this in any case you and your partner decide to come back to this.

Have a great day!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I hope that someday in the near future OP and their partner will manage to make this trophy achievable again. I really love this series and hope I can finally have this plat!! I wonder if there was an organized petition for this emulator server would that be like the spark you guys needed to make this work? Will keep an eye out for further posts on this ray of hope of forum

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/06/2022 at 0:17 PM, PostalDudeRus said:

Hey man,

I would totally use that if the mods here approve it to be a legit method! Big thanks for working on it at all and I understand that it isnt the most pressing matter you have at the moment :D. Let us know whether you work on it some more and what you achieved. I would gladly listen to your progress! All the best to you, thanks for giving us some hope ;).

Life

• Like 1