Save yourself the money, the time, and the pain.

RGCommander

I cannot recommend against this game enough. What bills itself as a nostalgic trip to old school FE-style games is in fact a game made little more than second-year programming skills. The game's story is completely disjointed, poorly explained, and has more missing text and punctuation than games written in the 80s (think all your bases...). The leads start off as extremely unlikable brats, and the development of said characters is minimal and with no transition or meaningful experiences. The plot which tries to subvert normal tropes of games, abuses the "I know, but I can't tell you yet" plot lock to the point it should be arrested and given felony charges. The game claims a customization skill tree, which is hot garbage. It's two branches, specific and general, and the specific is really only "let me try and augment some special passive or one active skill of the character". There are no levels, instead you are at the mercy of RNG to find gems to install and boost stats. There is crafting, but it's really only consumables. No forging powerful weapons or armor, just potions or give bleed to my attack. The battles are painfully monotonous, usually amounting to kill someone or get to the edge of the map (sometimes you have annihilation, but rarely). The game seems to only save when you exit to the main menu, and even then it works 50/50. I was reset from map 25 back to 12, and then 21 back to 15 when I turned my PS4 off. Use online storage or a USB if my comments havent already deterred you from this mess of a game. The best that can be said it once you have the archer and the hidden character from replaying map 3 the game is piss easy.

TL;DR over promise, underdeliver, not worth. 2/10 

• Like 2

Apparently the craft 50/100 trophies are also bugged. I started manually keeping track because I was sure I over shot it, and sure enough I counted 50 (not including anything before) and the one trophy hasn't popped yet. Apparently this is an issue on the steam version as well, and has been for two months.

• 5 weeks later...
13 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

I could live with a lot of the issues,  it the weird saves you describe is a dealbreaker. Thanks for the info.

I agree, it seems decent enough but something like that could be the make or break choice. I'll give it a bit to see if an update comes along (or a good sale) and then maybe give it a go

• 6 months later...
On 9/19/2021 at 9:55 AM, MyNameIs_Rainman said:

I agree, it seems decent enough but something like that could be the make or break choice. I'll give it a bit to see if an update comes along (or a good sale) and then maybe give it a go

I started the game around a week ago and got the platinum the past Friday but I had no save issues.

On 8/19/2021 at 10:48 AM, RGCommander said:

Apparently the craft 50/100 trophies are also bugged. I started manually keeping track because I was sure I over shot it, and sure enough I counted 50 (not including anything before) and the one trophy hasn't popped yet. Apparently this is an issue on the steam version as well, and has been for two months.

I do remember reading issues where the craft trophies are bugged if you craft too fast or craft max but I haven't encountered any issues with the craft count when I was playing it.

From my personal experience, I had no issues so I assumed they fixed most of the issues.

I do agree that this game is not very good. Story wasn't great, and the depth as a strategy game was shallow.

To anyone who is interested in playing the game here are some tips:

• Turn off animation. As fast as I can tell there won't be any no dialogues you'll miss.
  • Click over enemies to see where they can travel to see the trap locations.
  • Elis has a skill that can make the gathering spot not disappear when she gathers, but using an item that can be used on gathering spots can give you more.
  • Joane has a skill that gives you a chance you can get materials from the items she use.

• 1 month later...

I've lost about 7ish hours due to the saves just bugging on me and randomly setting my progress back. The most recent instance happened earlier today, I was already post game and getting ready to farm materials when I booted up my save and realized I was set back to stage 16. I was pretty pissed cause I know it saved, every damn time you go back to the main menu it basically tells you it's going to save the game. Booted up again tonight and so far no issues, but will back up my save before turning the console off this time, only the 100 crafting left and I'm trying to be done with this nonsense.

• 1 month later...

Ouch. No wonder it's only 2 dollars on sale right now. I've never cared about stories in video games, likeable characters, character growth with others in the game world, etc. But these other issues discussed above has me wondering if deleting this shit from my PSN store cart is in my best interest.

• 1 year later...

I've been playing it for a bit. In chapter 3 I believe? I think the game is pretty fun and how the characters interact is funny. I've had to stop playing multiple times to tell my partner why I was laughing so much. 

I feel it's a pretty good game so far if you are into Fire Emblem type games, but don't want anything to serious or difficult.