GTA The Trilogy: The Definitive Edition (November 11, 2021)

"Three iconic cities, three epic stories. Play the genre-defining classics of the original Grand Theft Auto Trilogy: Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas updated for a new generation, now with across-the-board enhancements including brilliant new lighting and environmental upgrades, high-resolution textures, increased draw distances, Grand Theft Auto V-style controls and targeting, and much more, bringing these beloved worlds to life with all new levels of detail."

source:

PC requirements are higher than the GTA 5 ones on pc (except for storage space) so i think we can definitely expect better visuals than the ones we got with ps2 or ps3 san andreas. GTA 5 style controls also sound really promising. God i can't wait!

Edited by westersburg

12 hours ago, Denizcankaya97 said:

I think noone here has pointed out yet or I haven’t seen it. But spending 24 hours in countryside trophy on San Andreas might cause big problems. We don’t know whether waiting 24 hours in real life time is required or not. Or even maybe it would require waiting 24 hours nonstop. Also we don’t know where exactly we should stay in the countryside for that trophy. Red County, Mount Chilliad, other villages… They are all part of the countryside. It would be horrible if there is a certain point or a circle that we should stand on foot for unlocking that trophy. I hope Rockstar didn’t put all of their tryhard methods for this trophy like the godfather rating trophy in Vice City.

It said "24 hours (in game)" when I looked up the revealed trophy lists. I'm certain they are talking about 24 in game hours, so 24 minutes in real life, as long as they didn't touch the time system.

To be honest, that doesn't sound like a lot and I wonder if it pops automatically when you reach the countryside part of the story (Catalina missions etc.). But it could also be that they are only talking about San fierros countryside east of mount chiliad, since it was the main location for the bigfoot myth

Looks like all three games are going to take an lot longer than the classic ones which I like that they haven’t just used the same makes it a different experience. I hope there is a replay mission though for the mission specific ones as I dont like having to plan too much to get trophies when I want to just enjoy the game. I’d rather just clean them up at the end 

On 10/15/2021 at 10:40 PM, TheRedMaverick said:

The real question is will Billie Jean be back on the Vice City soundtrack...that's a dealbreaker

24 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

No, the REAL real question is: will "Runnin' Down A Dream" be back on the San Andreas soundtrack? xD

& don't forget:

Vice City:

Michael Jackson: Wanna be Startin' Somethin' - Fever 105

San Andreas:

Joe Cocker: Woman to Woman - K-DST

Rage Against the Machine: Killing in the Name - Radio X

• Like 1

I have to assume these aren't just simple ports. These are obviously games completely retooled to work and function properly on modern hardware. So with that...I'd have to assume a lot of the things people are saying were difficult in the PS2-to-PS4 versions (due to how controls work) of the game may not be so bad now if they're made to function properly on PS4/PS5 hardware. 

So something like the RC plane missions might actually be much easier now. If targeting is like GTA V, then anything that was difficult requiring shooting might not be anywhere near as bad. Maybe we don't have to worry about Big Smoke bitching at CJ about catching the train anymore. 

I'm definitely hoping these got the modern day ease-of-use treatment that makes people think games have gotten too easy these day. 

• Like 3

On 17.10.2021 at 11:37 AM, parkerdip said:

Looks like all three games are going to take an lot longer than the classic ones which I like that they haven’t just used the same makes it a different experience. I hope there is a replay mission though for the mission specific ones as I dont like having to plan too much to get trophies when I want to just enjoy the game. I’d rather just clean them up at the end 

GTA vice city and 3 might not even take longer, since 100% was already required there and you get most of the trophies on the way to 100% anyways. San andreas on the other hand is a different story but i look forward to spending more time in there. I'm still undecided if i should play these games in reverse order again because i like GTA3 the least. But in chronological order would motivate me more to go through gta3 again :D

Are the trophy lists actually confirmed as real? Because I read through some of the descriptions and they seem like they might not be real. For one, I don't think any GTA games actually have missable trophies (aside from that 100% completion in GTA III due to one mission), yet some of the trophies I read online involve beating missions a certain way, which seems very odd for a GTA game. Plus not to mention that a bunch of the trophies seem to be a copy/paste of the original port trophy lists, which would seem ok but the ordering looks off to me.

I'm really happy for this game to be coming out but boy oh boy Im only getting that next year or something, I have every plat from every GTA (even both ps3 and ps4 versions of SA and V) and this year I did San Andreas PS4 and GTA III so I am burned out.

Edited by fresquinho
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, fresquinho said:

I'm really happy for this game to be coming out but boy oh boy Im only getting that next year or something, I have every plat from every GTA (even both ps3 and ps4 versions of SA and V) and this year I did San Andreas PS4 and GTA III so I am burned out.

Damn, that's understandable :D

Im going for the plats when this releases. I only have plat+100% in GTA V on ps4. And working on IV :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TomataEighty9 said:

Damn, that's understandable :D

Im going for the plats when this releases. I only have plat+100% in GTA V on ps4. And working on IV :)

Yes! You should go! It will be an epic feeling when you get all these legendary GTA platinums believe me! I will get these new ones too but in the future... I am a GTA fanatic so I must unlock every damn platinum there is from this amazing series ?

Edited by fresquinho
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, fresquinho said:

Yes! You should go! It will be an epic feeling when you get all these legendary GTA platinums believe me! I will get these new ones too but in the future... I am a GTA fanatic so I must unlock every damn platinum there is from this amazing series 1f60d.png

I hope to do the same one day. I just burned out on GTA IV, after i did all the online, but i will go back some day :) The glitchy part is done :D

Im so excited to play these 3 classics with better graphics and hopefully better controls.

• Like 1

On 15/10/2021 at 9:40 PM, TheRedMaverick said:

The real question is will Billie Jean be back on the Vice City soundtrack...that's a dealbreaker

Haha man, I will never forget that moment! Taking control of Tommy, jumping on a Faggio and then that track hits!! Absolute gold.

I knew at that point the game was going to be awesome!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

Are the trophy lists actually confirmed as real? Because I read through some of the descriptions and they seem like they might not be real. For one, I don't think any GTA games actually have missable trophies (aside from that 100% completion in GTA III due to one mission), yet some of the trophies I read online involve beating missions a certain way, which seems very odd for a GTA game. Plus not to mention that a bunch of the trophies seem to be a copy/paste of the original port trophy lists, which would seem ok but the ordering looks off to me.

They are within the files of the rockstar game launcher, so it's kinda safe to say, that they are real. These don't necessarily have to be missable trophies. Maybe rockstar adds a chapter replay option like in gta5 or rdr2

GTA Trilogy Pre-orders Open

Release Date: November 11

Physical Release: December 7

https://store.rockstargames.com/en/game/buy-grand-theft-auto-the-trilogy-the-definitive-edition

Edited by ziggypossum
PC ONLY NOW
  • Like 2