GTA The Trilogy: The Definitive Edition (November 11, 2021)

11 hours ago, GuerrerDaurat said:

Me too, VCS is one of my favorite GTA games, not only for the music obviously. But that doesn't change the fact there are licensing issues, and I'm not talking about some songs taken out. Phil Collins is featured in the game as a character, there is even one mission in which he performs "In the Air Tonight". Some missions would have to be removed. 

What did Phil Collins do?

I’d not be rebuying these if they are just “controls maybe updated remasters”. We just got these on ps4 and I went ahead and got vice city then. Man oh man did I forget how extremely dated the game is. It’s still a masterpiece for it’s time, but I couldn’t even bare to put more than a couple hours into it. Great soundtrack still though! Probably the best  that rockstar has done.

if they were full fledged remakes, just take my damn money now. Preordered.

22 hours ago, arcanehornet_ said:

What did Phil Collins do?

Even if R* remasters the 3D Trilogy, these will still remain the same:

Claude still wouldn't be able to speak or swim.

Tommy still wouldn't be able to swim.

& worst of all, CJ still be wouldn't be able to follow that damned train.

EDIT: Typos.

Edited by kenseizenkai
  • Like 4

32 minutes ago, kenseizenkai said:

Even if R* remasters the 3D Trilogy, these will still remain the same:

Cloud still wouldn't be available to speak or swim.

Tommy still wouldn't be available to swim.

& worst of all, CJ still be wouldn't be able to catch that damned train.

i loved that mission and is one of the best concerts in the series, i didnt believe my eyes when he played it in game

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kenseizenkai said:

Cloud still wouldn't be available to speak or swim.

I didn't know Final Fantasy 7 and GTA 3 were in the same universe. Jokes aside, yeah I don't envision them changing much (Especially since Claude being mute is maintained in San Andreas) but hopefully we will all be pleasantly surprised. 

Edited by bikeman223
  • Like 2

While details on gameplay were not shared, the remakes are said to stay as true to the original games as possible. Though Gematsu has heard that there will be some content changes to make the games more suitable for modern audiences.

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/08/rumor-grand-theft-auto-iii-vice-city-and-san-andreas-remakes-in-development-for-consoles-pc-and-mobile

"More suitable for modern audiences", so, censorship incoming or what?

4 hours ago, ziggypossum said:

"More suitable for modern audiences", so, censorship incoming or what?

I hate that phrase..

There's quite a lot of borderline content in these games, like when you sleep with the prostitutes in GTA3 and then murder them when they get out of your car to get some of your money back.

I guess it's the usual appeasing of the "everything is racist or offensive" crowd, who won't even be playing the games.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

I hate that phrase..

There's quite a lot of borderline content in these games, like when you sleep with the prostitutes in GTA3 and then murder them when they get out of your car to get some of your money back.

I guess it's the usual appeasing of the "everything is racist or offensive" crowd, who won't even be playing the games.

Or you know it could also be about gameplay.

When I played GTA3 a few years ago on PS4, it stood out as a sore thumb when it came to shooting, car health,no big map you could look at in game. Would be great to see some of these systems improved. Imagine being able to set way markers in 3 and VC, there a lot of room to make make them better for modern audiences.

Not sure why you would think GTA, one of the most offensive video games in the market, would actually censor itself. Compared to GTA5, these games are pretty tame.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Sumire Yoshizawa said:

Personally I would rather see a LA Noire Part II and/or Bully 2 on PS4 and PS5.

You don't know how badly I want a Bully 2 but it's 100% never going to happen. The world is not like how it used to be 15 years ago. It would be offensive for beating up children in a video game.

• Like 2

On 15/8/2021 at 1:36 AM, sepheroithisgod said:

Or you know it could also be about gameplay.

When I played GTA3 a few years ago on PS4, it stood out as a sore thumb when it came to shooting, car health,no big map you could look at in game. Would be great to see some of these systems improved. Imagine being able to set way markers in 3 and VC, there a lot of room to make make them better for modern audiences.

Not sure why you would think GTA, one of the most offensive video games in the market, would actually censor itself. Compared to GTA5, these games are pretty tame.

I agree, "more suitable for modern audiences" likely means fixing outdated gameplay mechanics. GTA III is the game that has aged the worst in this regard. Adding a map, being able to move and use the camera at the same time (thankfully this was fixed with San Andreas), quick saves, etc would be welcome changes. I would like better trophy lists too, but I don't get my hopes up. 

• Like 1

Everyone likes to rag on the mobile ports of the trilogy but you know what

- I like being able to turn the camera in GTA 3 and Vice City freely, and without having to enter the awkward and honestly useless first person mode.

- I like the option to play with the classic controls, or more modernized ones like R2 for forwards, and L2 for backwards, etc.

- I *love* the autosave and checkpoint updates in all 3 games, as well as the inclusion of cloud saves via Social Club.

- I like the slightly revised UI in 3 and VC, the new mission start screens are a nice touch up from the low res images of the PS2 original.

- I like that you keep your guns after being wasted / busted, yes I know the new games are too fucking easy, but who cares, we've beat all 3 of these ones a million times, I can't be fucked finding and dating all the girls in San Andreas to unlock it all anyway.

- I like the new lighting engines, sue me, I think it looks better. The draw distance in San Andreas when you're flying is absolute ass and I'll give you that, but otherwise, it's nice.

And likely quite a bit more.

I hope the new versions include all of that and then some, but because these games are so huge and the company behind them is still alive and kicking, you'll pretty well always be able to buy them again in their original form, the trilogy is available digital on PS3 and PS4 (which means and PS5), the mobile and PC ports can be played on a goddamn potato, hell they even ported it to the goddamn 3DS not too long ago and it runs surprisingly well. The Vita got homebrew ports too not too long ago. San Andreas is back compat on Xbox and while it sucks 3 and VC aren't, they may come in the future, they may not, either way, they'll have this version.

If they manage to snap back up the licenses for the expired songs in Vice City (there's a few in San An I miss too, but mostly VC), add a map to GTA 3, GPS functionality like GTA 4 and beyond, some checkpoints and shit, and a goddamn moveable camera in 3/VC, I'll lap it up and delete the emulated versions of 3/VC I've had on my Series X since last year happily.

3 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

- I like being able to turn the camera in GTA 3 and Vice City freely, and without having to enter the awkward and honestly useless first person mode.

- I like the option to play with the classic controls, or more modernized ones like R2 for forwards, and L2 for backwards, etc.

- I *love* the autosave and checkpoint updates in all 3 games, as well as the inclusion of cloud saves via Social Club.

- I like the slightly revised UI in 3 and VC, the new mission start screens are a nice touch up from the low res images of the PS2 original.

- I like that you keep your guns after being wasted / busted, yes I know the new games are too fucking easy, but who cares, we've beat all 3 of these ones a million times, I can't be fucked finding and dating all the girls in San Andreas to unlock it all anyway.

- I like the new lighting engines, sue me, I think it looks better. The draw distance in San Andreas when you're flying is absolute ass and I'll give you that, but otherwise, it's nice.

I hope the new versions include all of that and then some, but because these games are so huge and the company behind them is still alive and kicking, you'll pretty well always be able to buy them again in their original form, the trilogy is available digital on PS3 and PS4 (which means and PS5), the mobile and PC ports can be played on a goddamn potato, hell they even ported it to the goddamn 3DS not too long ago and it runs surprisingly well. The Vita got homebrew ports too not too long ago. San Andreas is back compat on Xbox and while it sucks 3 and VC aren't, they may come in the future, they may not, either way, they'll have this version.

If they manage to snap back up the licenses for the expired songs in Vice City (there's a few in San An I miss too, but mostly VC), add a map to GTA 3, GPS functionality like GTA 4 and beyond, some checkpoints and shit, and a goddamn moveable camera in 3/VC, I'll lap it up and delete the emulated versions of 3/VC I've had on my Series X since last year happily.

I agree tho i didn't play the mobile versions on mobile. I only played the ps3 version of San andreas additionally to the ps2 classics and i have to say that think the ps3 version was superior compared to the ps4 version because of the reasons you mentioned above. Still not a good "remaster" but a little improvement. Of course i hope these games get better visual upgrades than that, but even just that would make me buy them again

10 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I can't say I agree while seeing where you're coming from. GTA III and VC are way too easy as is, removing the punishment of dying makes the game trivial. Same thing with checkpoints. III and VCs maps are small. SA I can see getting checkpoints because that map is large. Only thing you and I agree on is the need for a map in III

8 hours ago, PalaceTheron said:

I can't say I agree while seeing where you're coming from. GTA III and VC are way too easy as is, removing the punishment of dying makes the game trivial. Same thing with checkpoints. III and VCs maps are small. SA I can see getting checkpoints because that map is large. Only thing you and I agree on is the need for a map in III

They're easy because most of everybody uses cheat codes to help towards the platinum trophy. That makes a lot of things trivial.

I'd rather see Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories released on PS4 and PS5, but we already know this is wistful thinking.

3 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

They're easy because most of everybody uses cheat codes to help towards the platinum trophy. That makes a lot of things trivial.

I'd rather see Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories released on PS4 and PS5, but we already know this is wistful thinking.

Exactly. GTA3 or Vice City platinum would be much harder without cheats, especially bullshit missions like the RC helicopter on the construction site. I think the best case would be (if they remake it) to have the option to play in an old school way with this old outdated barebones gameplay and the ability to play with modernised gameplay like gta4 for example. 

And when it comes to trophy lists. They can definitely keep most of them, i enjoyed it very much, but please remove the canoli trophy in vc and when it comes to import/export, please add fix spawn locations for EVERY vehicle. I still have nightmares about the ice cream van in gta3...

On 8/16/2021 at 11:30 PM, westersburg said:

Exactly. GTA3 or Vice City platinum would be much harder without cheats, especially bullshit missions like the RC helicopter on the construction site. I think the best case would be (if they remake it) to have the option to play in an old school way with this old outdated barebones gameplay and the ability to play with modernised gameplay like gta4 for example. 

And when it comes to trophy lists. They can definitely keep most of them, i enjoyed it very much, but please remove the canoli trophy in vc and when it comes to import/export, please add fix spawn locations for EVERY vehicle. I still have nightmares about the ice cream van in gta3...

I ran into a problem on GTA3 where I did all the story missions before I did the side content. It was literally impossible for me to grab the collectibles before the Mafia had shotguns that automatically destroyed my vehicles. Had to restart the entire game over.