GTA The Trilogy: The Definitive Edition (November 11, 2021)

15 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I ran into a problem on GTA3 where I did all the story missions before I did the side content. It was literally impossible for me to grab the collectibles before the Mafia had shotguns that automatically destroyed my vehicles. Had to restart the entire game over.

Yeah there was one street which you couldn't drive through without being blown up by many shotguns. You had to simply avoid that and maybe go by foot for some places. Wasn't too bad this way. I didn't collect the collectibles before the end of the story either

On 12/08/2021 at 6:42 PM, PalaceTheron said:

While I am interested in seeing these new versions of the original trilogy, I am disappointed that they aren't touching Liberty City Stories or Vice City Stories, especially the latter

Well they mentioned more ports will happen when this thing sells well, and frankly, it's GTA. It's going to make a lot of money. RDR1 is pretty much a lock at this point, so the Stories series isn't exactly out of the question either.

I wonder if any of the cut stuff from San andreas or 3 will be included in the game like the darkel missions or the mission looking for big smoke or the truth is out there mission from San andreas or they could actully sort out ryder story and not leave plot holes in the story as there friends with the actor again not kill him off as they had no ideas for his character as he decided to leave as he wasn't paided enough 

On 8/16/2021 at 9:20 PM, westersburg said:

I agree tho i didn't play the mobile versions on mobile. I only played the ps3 version of San andreas additionally to the ps2 classics and i have to say that think the ps3 version was superior compared to the ps4 version because of the reasons you mentioned above. Still not a good "remaster" but a little improvement. Of course i hope these games get better visual upgrades than that, but even just that would make me buy them again

If they just brought over the Android versions, I'd welcome it, and admittedly buy them again when they went on sale, but if they wanted anything more than like 7.50 or something a pop I'd laugh and leave.

On 8/17/2021 at 4:42 AM, PalaceTheron said:

I can't say I agree while seeing where you're coming from. GTA III and VC are way too easy as is, removing the punishment of dying makes the game trivial. Same thing with checkpoints. III and VCs maps are small. SA I can see getting checkpoints because that map is large. Only thing you and I agree on is the need for a map in III

I don't think they need to be any easier either, I think they're both quite easy, same as SA, IV, V, and all the GTAs tbh, however, like let's be real, it's just so much more convenient to wake up at a hospital and carry on than to reload, redo whatever last couple missions you did because you haven't saved, and get yourself caught back up. As for the checkpoints, I was just breezing through VC on the PS5 and doing some taxi missions for the fuck of it, nothing else to do, and I kept getting North Point Mall to the hospital / docks area like 5 times in a row and it does take a minute or two, nothing compared to San An and V but still, but I meant more so checkpoints mid mission for some rather than to skip the drive, the drive is the least hard part. Like think the one where you have to rescue Lance and get him to the hospital, getting all the way there, getting in there, getting past everyone, getting him in the car, getting him out, that's quite annoying to do again because you got out of the lot and those assholes start chasing you and flipped your damn car two seconds from the hospital to drop him off. And I don't think you necessarily need a map, it just feels weird that 3 doesn't have it, and the GPS functionality, while useless for you and me who've played them to death, would likely be very much appreciated by any new comers.

On 8/17/2021 at 1:04 PM, AJ_Radio said:

They're easy because most of everybody uses cheat codes to help towards the platinum trophy. That makes a lot of things trivial.

I'd rather see Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories released on PS4 and PS5, but we already know this is wistful thinking.

I did it without cheats (except the Godfather, I defo recall shoving a bunch of helicopters in the garage and destroy all cars cheating over and over. Would also love Liberty and Vice Stories to get re-released, the mobile port of LCS is excellent, still holding out hope some day a VCS port will just drop on there. Definitely worth picking up LCS if you have an Android TV machine / box / whatever, it's a fantastic port job. 

On 8/17/2021 at 4:30 PM, westersburg said:

Exactly. GTA3 or Vice City platinum would be much harder without cheats, especially bullshit missions like the RC helicopter on the construction site. I think the best case would be (if they remake it) to have the option to play in an old school way with this old outdated barebones gameplay and the ability to play with modernised gameplay like gta4 for example. 

And when it comes to trophy lists. They can definitely keep most of them, i enjoyed it very much, but please remove the canoli trophy in vc and when it comes to import/export, please add fix spawn locations for EVERY vehicle. I still have nightmares about the ice cream van in gta3...

I really never got that, that helicoper mission is an absolute box of piss, grab bomb, fly over, drop bomb, fly back, repeat. It's not once given me a single issue in the 15+ years I've been playing Vice City. Fixing the spawn locations and shit would be VERY welcome though.

I've seen some say they're welcome to having some GTA remasters (if they're even real)  and I've seen others say they should just focus on GTA VI or Bully 2 or another remaster for like...RDR1 or the Max Payne series

1. the time for Bully 2 has passed and lets face it people....BULLY 2 AIN"T HAPPENING

2. the only old GTAs I've played are GTA 3 and GTA SA and if the remasters are real, i will be picking those up cause why not

3. I can wait 50+ years for GTA VI and i'll be perfectly fine, sure to some people it better be the CITIZEN KANE OF VIDEO GAMES but i could care less... we still have the occasional GTA ONLINE UPDATE, even if its just a few new cars or new modes

however you wanna feel about it, YOU DO YOU. If you dont want remasters, then thats fine...otherwise, continue counting the days till y̶o̶u̶r̶ d̶e̶a̶t̶h̶  GTA VI's Release

Edited by Exeshow678

8 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

If they just brought over the Android versions, I'd welcome it, and admittedly buy them again when they went on sale, but if they wanted anything more than like 7.50 or something a pop I'd laugh and leave.

I don't think they need to be any easier either, I think they're both quite easy, same as SA, IV, V, and all the GTAs tbh, however, like let's be real, it's just so much more convenient to wake up at a hospital and carry on than to reload, redo whatever last couple missions you did because you haven't saved, and get yourself caught back up. As for the checkpoints, I was just breezing through VC on the PS5 and doing some taxi missions for the fuck of it, nothing else to do, and I kept getting North Point Mall to the hospital / docks area like 5 times in a row and it does take a minute or two, nothing compared to San An and V but still, but I meant more so checkpoints mid mission for some rather than to skip the drive, the drive is the least hard part. Like think the one where you have to rescue Lance and get him to the hospital, getting all the way there, getting in there, getting past everyone, getting him in the car, getting him out, that's quite annoying to do again because you got out of the lot and those assholes start chasing you and flipped your damn car two seconds from the hospital to drop him off. And I don't think you necessarily need a map, it just feels weird that 3 doesn't have it, and the GPS functionality, while useless for you and me who've played them to death, would likely be very much appreciated by any new comers.

I did it without cheats (except the Godfather, I defo recall shoving a bunch of helicopters in the garage and destroy all cars cheating over and over. Would also love Liberty and Vice Stories to get re-released, the mobile port of LCS is excellent, still holding out hope some day a VCS port will just drop on there. Definitely worth picking up LCS if you have an Android TV machine / box / whatever, it's a fantastic port job. 

I really never got that, that helicoper mission is an absolute box of piss, grab bomb, fly over, drop bomb, fly back, repeat. It's not once given me a single issue in the 15+ years I've been playing Vice City. Fixing the spawn locations and shit would be VERY welcome though.

helicopter mission isnt as hard as people say it is, but it is completely bullshit. Same with the rc plane mission in SA. The controls are just a nightmare and you get so much damage hitting obstacles. It's not even the gunfire that destroys you

12 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Damn. You got some serious patience if you did GTA III without cheats. The enemies are so goddamn frustrating. You get torn in just a second of gunfire. Made that last mission at the dam a royal pain in the ass. 

I didn’t feel guilty for using cheats for Take the Cannoli in Vice City. Who the hell was going to do all that legit? 

I particularly want to play VCS because it has Lance Vance, one of my favorite GTA characters. The music, cmon, LCS has some of the best tunes of all time.

11 hours ago, Exeshow678 said:

I can wait 50+ years for GTA VI and i'll be perfectly fine, sure to some people it better be the CITIZEN KANE OF VIDEO GAMES but i could care less... we still have the occasional GTA ONLINE UPDATE, even if its just a few new cars or new modes

however you wanna feel about it, YOU DO YOU. If you dont want remasters, then thats fine...otherwise, continue counting the days till y̶o̶u̶r̶ d̶e̶a̶t̶h̶  GTA VI's Release

Amazing how many people still know about Orson Welles masterpiece. 

GTA VI would be breaking records. The scope of that game would be unbelievable. Rockstar couldn’t leave out online multiplayer, you know them well enough. 

Can’t even imagine the budget that game is going to have. 

Edited by AJ_Radio

36 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Damn. You got some serious patience if you did GTA III without cheats. The enemies are so goddamn frustrating. You get torn in just a second of gunfire. Made that last mission at the dam a royal pain in the ass. 

I didn’t feel guilty for using cheats for Take the Cannoli in Vice City. Who the hell was going to do all that legit? 

I particularly want to play VCS because it has Lance Vance, one of my favorite GTA characters. The music, cmon, LCS has some of the best tunes of all time.

Amazing how many people still know about Orson Welles masterpiece. 

GTA IV would be breaking records. The scope of that game would be unbelievable. Rockstar couldn’t leave out online multiplayer, you know them well enough. 

Can’t even imagine the budget that game is going to have. 

you mean GTA VI? or a GTA IV Remaster?

• 2 weeks later...

I might be in the minority here so take care to boo and hiss people.

I dont like GTA V, just felt boring and samey to me. But thats just it. Plus its now a bloated cash cow so il never dive back in. 

My personal opinion is GTA: SA was the peak of the series, although my fave protagonist was Tommy from VC. 

I played them when they came out, and i bought the port collection on PS4. Didnt plat' 'em but had a goood time. 

Anywho, in my opinion they don't need a redo. Already got LC, VC and SA covered guys. I mean people talk about the "stories' games but saaaame places. Like some have said they might be a bit harder on the licensing side too but alas i dont know. 

Howabout you spend some time and energy making GTA LONDON a thing again?

I know theres a 2d universe (which gta london resides in) and 3d universe but surely they could do something in that vein. 

Give it a cool nickname too. I was thinking GTA: Big Smoke but that reminds me of CJ's dirtbike pal. 

Maybe Blight Town? Like we say Blighty for Britain so its sorta a play on that, but obvs Blight is, well disease so it has that gta funny but dangerous twist. Anyone else? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2021 at 6:53 AM, punkshepherd said:

I might be in the minority here so take care to boo and hiss people.

I dont like GTA V, just felt boring and samey to me. But thats just it. Plus its now a bloated cash cow so il never dive back in. 

My personal opinion is GTA: SA was the peak of the series, although my fave protagonist was Tommy from VC. 

I played them when they came out, and i bought the port collection on PS4. Didnt plat' 'em but had a goood time. 

Anywho, in my opinion they don't need a redo. Already got LC, VC and SA covered guys. I mean people talk about the "stories' games but saaaame places. Like some have said they might be a bit harder on the licensing side too but alas i dont know. 

Howabout you spend some time and energy making GTA LONDON a thing again?

I know theres a 2d universe (which gta london resides in) and 3d universe but surely they could do something in that vein. 

Give it a cool nickname too. I was thinking GTA: Big Smoke but that reminds me of CJ's dirtbike pal. 

Maybe Blight Town? Like we say Blighty for Britain so its sorta a play on that, but obvs Blight is, well disease so it has that gta funny but dangerous twist. Anyone else? 

A LOT of people are the same, I've been among them for years and years, thinking IV or Vice or (insert your fave here) is better. 

Redoing London would be odd. Not the least of which, because Watch Dogs 3 did London quite recently.

On 9/11/2021 at 4:32 AM, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

A LOT of people are the same, I've been among them for years and years, thinking IV or Vice or (insert your fave here) is better. 

Redoing London would be odd. Not the least of which, because Watch Dogs 3 did London quite recently.

I personally want a brand new location. I mean I get it...people want to see Vice City fully realized in modern tech....but I'd rather Rockstar do something new, stop retreading locations and give us something we haven't seen yet. 

Which has been my big thing with Rockstar as a whole...they're such a talented team of people, I wish they'd go back to taking more risks like they used to. Tackle some new IPs on other genres, show people you can do it better. I'm kind of sick of the whole GTA ---> RDR ----> GTA ---> RDR routine. I get that's where the money is at...but with that money has made an otherwise amazing team, a rather stagnant one for me. 

11 minutes ago, Bratinov said:

All I want is a Gta4 Remaster... why do you do this to me Rockstar? The '3D' Trilogy get so many ports... 

While San Andreas IS the best game in the series, I stll have very fond memories of 4.

I have a lot of childhood bias and nostalgia with the 3D Trilogy but 4 will always be my favorite and likely my favorite game of all time. I don't even need a remaster, I'd just love to see a port of it come to the PS4/PS5. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bratinov said:

All I want is a Gta4 Remaster... why do you do this to me Rockstar? The '3D' Trilogy get so many ports... 

While San Andreas IS the best game in the series, I stll have very fond memories of 4.

They seem to be treating it like a bastard child. Probably because the tech in it is quite problematic from what I’ve heard and the general opinion of 12 year olds on the Internet is that it’s boring.

I’d love a PS5 remaster.

• Like 1