GTA The Trilogy: The Definitive Edition (November 11, 2021)

Bought the PS2-to-PS4 versions of the trilogy forever ago and only ever played GTA III. I guess Vice City and San Andreas will be going to waste with these being a thing...just much rather play a remaster than the PS2 version (GTA III was fun, but it really makes you realize how much we've improved on control schemes).

Rockstar might as well officially announce this by now...it's like the worst kept secret in gaming. 

Edited by Viper

16 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

You've never heard of Silent Hill I guess.

Silent Hill is still in that wishful thinking territory, there's still doubt in people's minds it's happening. This on the other hand has everything but Rockstar officially saying it's real....especially with it apparently coming next month. 

9 hours ago, OrdinaryLegoDude said:

I hope not because lots of those are already used for the ps2 to ps4 versions, but knowing rockstar it’ll probably be the case.

There was bound to be overlap though. You can’t expect these to have completely different lists as there are just those “GTA things” that must have a trophy for, like collectables, vigilante missions, rampages etc. I think we’re damn lucky they’ve even bothered to expand the lists with quite a few new trophies as the lists for III and VC were pretty expansive as it was. They literally had you do everything in the games. 

Also: there’s a a huge wtf that nobody here has mentioned yet… there’s a new *bigfoot* SA trophy. The GTA forums were going wild with speculations on that one. Generally the thought is new content might have been added to the games? Cut content, beta stuff etc. 

ep9RLO9.png

Edited by VeldinX
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Alos88 said:

Wonder if they'll add a trophy for getting 100% completion on SA, pretty sure there wasn't one for the original.

From the leaked trophy images it’s a pretty safe bet that they have! It’ll be interesting as it’s the only one of the trilogy I never managed to 100%. Soon to be rectified it seems…

TD4jPls.png

Edited by VeldinX

I wonder why they never ever added a trophy for doing all 70 Unique Jumps in San Andreas. They were totally optional for 100% completion on PS2 though, but i remember hopelessly spending months to get the 70th one because OCD, and then got it by jumping from a random ramp in Las Venturas that i probably forgot xD

Edited by Lance_87

24 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

I wonder why they never ever added a trophy for doing all 69 Unique Jumps in San Andreas. They were totally optional for 100% completion on PS2 though, but i remember hopelessly spending months to get the 69th one because OCD, and then got it by jumping from a random ramp in Las Venturas that i probably forgot xD

Yeah, and it’s such a perfect number to be highlighted by a trophy too! ? Hopefully one of the new ones will cover it. 

10 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

I wonder why they never ever added a trophy for doing all 69 Unique Jumps in San Andreas.

10 hours ago, VeldinX said:

Yeah, and it’s such a perfect number to be highlighted by a trophy too! ? Hopefully one of the new ones will cover it.

There're 70 USJs in San Andreas.

8 hours ago, OrdinaryLegoDude said:

I meant they used the same trophy icons for the most part

They fixed Green Sabre one, now with actual Sabre and not Savanna.

Edited by Se7en

10 hours ago, Se7en said:

There're 70 USJs in San Andreas.

They fixed Green Sabre one, now with actual Sabre and not Savanna.

8 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

LMAO i said "69" because i was stuck at 69/70 for months, what an idiot i am xD

damn, and I just blindly went along with your fake news! ? Truth is I’ve never done all the jumps in SA so I was none the wiser. 

As for the Green Sabre, I noticed that too. Nice attention to detail there from R* Dundee. They’ve changed up a few of the images but what I can’t work out is why are some gold? Is not like they’re the newly added ones, or even the “better” ones. Just look at VC: 50 hidden packages has a gold background (changed from pink on PS2-PS4 version) while 100 stays pink. Just can’t work it out. 

Why just why isn‘t there a GTA 4 4K Port for PS5 / PS4?

We already got all three Games with Trophy Support for PS4 (also playable on PS5).

Also don‘t forget the mobile version port for the PS3.

Now there will probably be two more trophy list for the PS5 & PS4 version of each Game? 

All i really want is GTA 4 (incl. Multiplayer) on PS5.

Why is this still not considered for a 13 year old Game that never got an re-release?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Jeffboy289 said:

Why just why isn‘t there a GTA 4 4K Port for PS5 / PS4?

We already got all three Games with Trophy Support for PS4 (also playable on PS5).

Also don‘t forget the mobile version port for the PS3.

Now there will probably be two more trophy list for the PS5 & PS4 version of each Game? 

All i really want is GTA 4 (incl. Multiplayer) on PS5.

Why is this still not considered for a 13 year old Game that never got an re-release?

It's probably the next one ! Be patient ;)

I'm more wondering why we have GTA 5 on PS3, PS4 and PS5 (soon), but nothing yet about GTA 6 ><

No new GTA at all on PS4 generation, what a shame :/ 

• Like 2

To make way for the collection, Rockstar has also announced that it’s removing existing versions of each game from digital stores next week. 

Edited by ziggypossum
Thread updated
  • Like 1