GTA The Trilogy: The Definitive Edition (November 11, 2021)

"Literally 1984" dudes are already here? Jeez, they get quicker by the day.

Anyway, the new graphics have me really conflicted. In some screenshots, they look great; in others, it seems like someone just coated everything in vaseline and called it a day. However, the thing that has me the most worried is that the ones behind this game are Grove Street Games, which are infamous for making the horrendous "remaster" back for the X360 and PS3 when they were still known as War Drum Studios. So, the QoL improvements seem really nice, but there's always the worry that they'll come with their good chunk of bugs. Let's see how it ends up like when it releases.

Edited by Eagle
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, MD_91 said:

It's probably not a fair comparison but I can't help but think of the Crash and Spyro trilogies which were both $40 on release and then I look at this trailer and wonder how they can ask for $60

I agree about the price. But Crash and Spyro are full on remakes...these are just remasters. Not exactly a fair comparison. 

I was in high school when these games came out back in the day. I remember taking like a week off of school to chill with my friends and put in some serious 24+ hour sessions on San Andreas, ah the good 'ole days lol.

I was also one of the one's that kept my expectations pretty low for this trilogy so I'm pleasantly surprised by all the QOL improvements and the graphical upgrades. I haven't been able to find any info on a physical PS5 version though and that's what I'm looking to buy. Hopefully I wont have to pick up a PS4 copy, I'm kinda done buying previous gen physical games if I don't absolutely have to. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, BlindMango said:

If I were being honest I had low expectations about this, but they surprised me! I think they did a pretty good job at keeping the original look but making the textures, lighting, and things modern so it kind of looks like what we imagined we played on PS2. Some textures and character models look a little rough here and there, and sometimes things are a bit too shiny, but overall I think it looks good. Really cool to see San Andreas with draw distance that isn't terrible anymore too! I already got the platinum on all three, so I'll probably get this version on a different platform but would for sure get a Vice City Stories and Liberty City Stories definitive edition on PS5 if they decided to release those in the future.

Also it would be interesting to see if GTA III still has the hidden opening cinematic city behind Shoreside Vale and if San Andreas still had "the underworld" that you could explore all the interiors. Like how did they handle all those strange things that were on PS2, even how interiors and things work at all. We shall see!

So true! First thing I'll do with the trilogy will be trying the Motel Jefferson glitch that was pretty scary more than a decade ago. I hope rockstar did something with all the easter eggs that San Andreas had.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BlindMango said:

If I were being honest I had low expectations about this, but they surprised me! I think they did a pretty good job at keeping the original look but making the textures, lighting, and things modern so it kind of looks like what we imagined we played on PS2.

Yep, definitely!

As someone who played GTA3 just for having fun without really following the story, and someone who never played GTA:SA I'm looking forward to this. I'm glad I didn't buy the previous trilogy when they announced the delisting because VC's controls on PS4 were kind of odd from todays perspective and I can't wait to play all three titles with improved graphics and GTA5-like controls. Do you guys think they added swimming in 3 and VC? Not sure if that would be a nice addition or too much change of gameplay.

Edited by woggly4

Looking forward to experiencing the trilogy again as a grown ass adult. I was 11, 12 and 16 when i played these originals. I remember having a blast on them. I'm sure i will have a completely different experience with them this time around as i won't be as naive as i was back then but i should be able to understand other parts of the game that my mind wouldn't have picked up on back then because i was far to busy on my super bike hitting the top floors of parking lots and ramping off them

Edited by jack_a_snacks
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, TheAbyssWalker61 said:

I hope really HOPE that Rockstar doesn't make any changes on history and characters because of the same twitter hippies of always... Rockstar it's the last western brand that haven't kneel down to that psychos yet, all GTA are made for being controversial and a satire, i hope all the jokes offending all people can keep in the game, we are in 2021 the censorshit it's not acceptable in any form, people (californian mostly) should learn to see the difference with games and real life, i bought the originals for  warning of this. 

Nothing needs to be changed, the characters are murderers lol, why someone would complain for a flag? doesn't have any sense lol, flanders society

World history it's ugly, violent and bad, that's the real world, if you censor characters like that you are giving to the  future audiences the idea that we have always been living in peace with love and flowers singing "imagine" and it's not like that.

Yes because remastered video games are the primary source for history. I mean if they didnt  give a redneck character a Confederate flag how would Tommy have killed all those minority groups? 

Edit: wait only people who you disagree with (about censorship) need to be able to separate games for reality? How do people censoring a remake of a 20 year old game have an effect on your real life? It sounds like you need to separate them just as much or more.

Edited by SpaceIsDandy
  • Like 3