GTA The Trilogy: The Definitive Edition (November 11, 2021)

2 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

I couldn't care less either way about the change, but I think the flag should stay in out of principle because that was how it was in the first release. Are we going to start taking out Nazi flags from Wolfenstein next? Just because 2002 and 2021 are different years, whose to say what might be fine now but unacceptable when RockStar decides to release these games yet again in 2031 and what changes they need to make but don't need to make in 2021.

That's my point. It just takes a little step to build into a bigger one.

1 minute ago, SpaceIsDandy said:

They did in germany until like 2018....

I find that stupid. 

It's a historic event. And we SHOULD be able to talk about that. For gods sake, how many WW2 documentaries have we got on tv? how many movies use the flag?

As long as it's not being used as "propaganda" or trying to make Nazis look good, i find no problem in using historic pictures or symbols.

4 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

That's my point. It just takes a little step to build into a bigger one.

The "something could happen, therefore nothing should" stance has never been a good argument for stuff like this, at least not for 100% of situations all the time.

Once again, the amount of narrow-minded black and white logic people use on here is astounding. This goes for either side of stuff like this, imo.

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 1

Just now, Zephrese said:

The "something could happen, therefore nothing should" has never been a good argument for stuff like this, at least not for 100% of situations.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/gta-trilogy-grand-theft-auto-vice-city-san-andreas-remake-report/

I'm sure a number of us have already seen this, but the key words "Content Changes" and "Modern Audiences" in the title of the article don't sit well with me. Are they going to alter some of the dialogue on the radio talk stations?

It'll be interesting to see how this remaster/remake unfolds.

2 minutes ago, hore said:

Soundtracks: There are many offensive songs on the soundtracks that include racial slurs and glorify gang violence. The rock and roll should also be cut because it can be considered satanic. All of it should go and be replaced with less problematic modern artists like Lil Nas X and Ariana Grande. 

Gangs: All gang references should be cut. Gangs are a serious problem today and this stuff might influence impressionable youth to join a gang. 

Violence: Many people have been victims of violence. The guns and violence in general should be taken out of these games. Especially since many racist groups such as the Confederate Army used guns and violence to get their points across in the past. 

Traffic laws: Many people have become disabled due to bad drivers who don't follow traffic laws. The traffic laws need to be enforced in this game. 

Rockstar Games: The name itself is offensive. No one listens to rock anymore but back in the day rockstars were known to be toxic male misogynists which is not acceptable for modern audiences. 

Cops: They should be replaced with community workers and therapists in these games. 

I am proud of Rockstar because removing the confederate flag on the dumb redneck character's shirt is a good start but they have much more work to do.

Or just avoid their games. Not that hard to do.

• Like 1

Holy shit, what has this thread become in the last 24 hours? I personally don't give a damn about any flags that probably no one noticed in the first place. I definitely dislike censorship and if it comes to dialogue it would be very disappointing seeing that altered.

We don't even know what is going to be censored so there is literally no reason to cry about it right now. Can't we just stick to what we know so far?

Also personally i like that this game has this particular graphic style. Seeing this trilogy in the realistic look like GTA4 or 5 would be kinda weird. That being said, a remaster of gta4 (for what i still hope for) has to look "realistically" obviously.

Edited by westersburg

5 minutes ago, westersburg said:

Also personally i like that this game has this particular graphic style. Seeing this trilogy in the realistic look like GTA4 or 5 would be kinda weird. That being said, a remaster of gta4 (for what i still hope for) has to look "realistically" obviously.

I'll be happy with Vice City Stories, Liberty City Stories, Chinatown Wars and a remaster of GTA IV for the PS4/PS5 if Rockstar is going to keep releasing/remastering their older games.

The art style in the definitive edition for these games already looks off to me. We're supposed to get technical improvements, which are what I much rather have over changes to the actual content, since a number of songs in both Vice City and San Andreas from what I hear have already been pulled due to licenses expiring.

14 minutes ago, westersburg said:

Yeah, true. lol I'm still a bit iffy on the execution, but they would look pretty weird if they went in the direction IV and V did.

4 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I'll be happy with Vice City Stories, Liberty City Stories, Chinatown Wars and a remaster of GTA IV for the PS4/PS5 if Rockstar is going to keep releasing/remastering their older games.

The art style in the definitive edition for these games already looks off to me. We're supposed to get technical improvements, which are what I much rather have over changes to the actual content, since a number of songs in both Vice City and San Andreas from what I hear have already been pulled due to licenses expiring.

There are technical improvements. Lighting and reflections are leaps ahead of the original. Also the world looks kinda grounded in reality with decent visuals. Charactermodels are the only things that really look off but combined with the rest it's a fitting picture i guess.

Also let's not forget that the more important part are the improvements in controls and gameplay tweaks. Having graphics on a RDR2 level but the same controls as 2001-2004 would be way way worse than what we get now. These things aged way more poorly than the visuals.

Only mistake is the pricing i think. It should be 10-20 less, but considering the fact, that they already sold the simple ports of 2015 for 15 each, it makes this pricing ok i guess. 45 bucks for the ps2 ports in 2015 was ridicculous compared to the definitive trilogy.

23 minutes ago, hore said:

The confederate flag is being cut because of what it symbolizes. However, there's a lot more offensive content that can have a negative influence and thus should be cut before the games are released. 

Soundtracks: There are many offensive songs on the soundtracks that include racial slurs and glorify gang violence. The rock and roll should also be cut because it can be considered satanic. All of it should go and be replaced with less problematic modern artists like Lil Nas X and Ariana Grande. 

Gangs: All gang references should be cut. Gangs are a serious problem today and this stuff might influence impressionable youth to join a gang. 

Violence: Many people have been victims of violence. The guns and violence in general should be taken out of these games. Especially since many racist groups such as the Confederate Army used guns and violence to get their points across in the past. 

Traffic laws: Many people have become disabled due to bad drivers who don't follow traffic laws. The traffic laws need to be enforced in this game. 

Rockstar Games: The name itself is offensive. No one listens to rock anymore but back in the day rockstars were known to be toxic male misogynists which is not acceptable for modern audiences. 

Cops: They should be replaced with community workers and therapists in these games. 

I am proud of Rockstar because removing the confederate flag on the dumb redneck character's shirt is a good start but they have much more work to do.

see... this guy... this guy gets it lmao

1 hour ago, hore said:

Ironically this is my pressing concern. If I’m being honest I couldn’t care less about Rockstar removing the flag because it doesn’t directly effect the narrative. However, if I’m remembering correctly, the censored port of Vice City completely broke one of the cutscenes with Umberto whilst he was talking about the Haitian gang. I hope if they’ve continued down that more censored path that they’ve at least cleaned up the dialogue but I know that would most likely be near on impossible to do. 

21 hours ago, objectioner said:

Its interesting seeing how people respond to this kind of censorship.

"Its a small thing no one will notice changed, so it doesn't matter, why do you care?".

But if it so insignificant why change it all?

The desire to make the change, especially if its so 'insignificant', raises a lot suspicion on your intentions.

And its funny, the Confederate flag, which people still claim is a 'hate symbol' despite both black and white people from the south see it as a symbol of 'southern pride' nowadays.

André 3000 famously wore a large belt buckle with the flag on it, in the famous video for "Sorry Miss Jackson".

Thank god someone in here still has critical thinking skills. 

The argument of the early 2000's media-made stereotype of anyone who likes the Confederate flag is not as offensive as the current 2021 media-made stereotype of anyone who like the Confederate flag is hilarious.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, hore said:

The confederate flag is being cut because of what it symbolizes. However, there's a lot more offensive content that can have a negative influence and thus should be cut before the games are released. 

This is a troll, right?  Maybe not with the amount of "likes" that support the comment.

I'm pretty sure if they got rid of the things you listed, the game you're looking for is called Train Sim World.  I'm going to take a leap and say this is not the game for you.  There's a ton of games that have violence.  Games are an escape from reality, at least for me they are.  I get home from work and sometimes I just want to give a good 'ole fashion beating in GTA V or run a few hundred people over with my car.  I don't condone any of that violence in the real world, but in GTA V, even a purple dildo can be a deadly weapon.  God Bless America and freedom of speech and expression.  And, freedom for all those that don't have to purchase and support the game if it's not something you like either.  

Traffic laws.  LOL.

26 minutes ago, Paperclip1776 said:

This is a troll, right?  Maybe not with the amount of "likes" that support the comment.

Pretty sure people are liking it because of how blatantly sarcastic it is, it would be funnier though if people think he's being serious and then like it

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Paperclip1776 said:

I'm pretty sure if they got rid of the things you listed, the game you're looking for is called Train Sim World.  I'm going to take a leap and say this is not the game for you.  There's a ton of games that have violence.  Games are an escape from reality, at least for me they are.  I get home from work and sometimes I just want to give a good 'ole fashion beating in GTA V or run a few hundred people over with my car.  I don't condone any of that violence in the real world, but in GTA V, even a purple dildo can be a deadly weapon.  God Bless America and freedom of speech and expression.  And, freedom for all those that don't have to purchase and support the game if it's not something you like either.  

Traffic laws.  LOL.

Do you even sarcasm?

33 minutes ago, MD_91 said:

Pretty sure people are liking it because of how blatantly sarcastic it is, it would be funnier though if people think he's being serious and then like it

The reason I wasn't sure if this was sarcasm or a troll post is because there are particular individuals that were "liking" this comment very much, it seems, in support of these changes.  I base that thought on previous comments that those individuals posted in this thread.  

To ones own, just thought it was worth commenting on myself :)

i just realised that the older versions have been removed from the store when i went looking for gta 3 was thinking i havent played this since ps2 so will get it. And now this.

sucks though coz the remasters are expensive, not paying that for something have played. yes i know work went into making them fresh but would have prefered paying less and having the older visuals if i knew on time. 

sucks for me i guess, videos look nice though, does anyone know if the remasters will have new trophy lists?

1 minute ago, El_Shubi said:

does anyone know if the remasters will have new trophy lists?

They do, yeah. A mixture of the old trophies with some new ones. You’ll need to get 100% in all three games, plus some random missable things along the way. 

• Like 1