GTA The Trilogy: The Definitive Edition (November 11, 2021)

10 hours ago, Paperclip1776 said:

This is a troll, right?  Maybe not with the amount of "likes" that support the comment.

I'm pretty sure if they got rid of the things you listed, the game you're looking for is called Train Sim World.  I'm going to take a leap and say this is not the game for you.  There's a ton of games that have violence.  Games are an escape from reality, at least for me they are.  I get home from work and sometimes I just want to give a good 'ole fashion beating in GTA V or run a few hundred people over with my car.  I don't condone any of that violence in the real world, but in GTA V, even a purple dildo can be a deadly weapon.  God Bless America and freedom of speech and expression.  And, freedom for all those that don't have to purchase and support the game if it's not something you like either.  

Traffic laws.  LOL.

It's sarcasm. I was being serious in that comment just to see if I could get a reaction out of it.

22 hours ago, El_Shubi said:

i just realised that the older versions have been removed from the store when i went looking for gta 3 was thinking i havent played this since ps2 so will get it. And now this.

sucks though coz the remasters are expensive, not paying that for something have played. yes i know work went into making them fresh but would have prefered paying less and having the older visuals if i knew on time. 

sucks for me i guess, videos look nice though, does anyone know if the remasters will have new trophy lists?

GTA III Remaster will be playable for free on PS Now next month (you can maybe run the trial for a week if you havent got a sub and dont wanna buy the whole trilogy).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ImMagnetz said:

SURELY they haven't really put the "Take the Cannoli" trophy in there again. SURELY.

They have. GTAForums people have datamined the R* Launcher and saw the trophy lists (with icons, to boot) for all three games, and it includes that trophy. https://gtaforums.com/topic/976221-gta-trilogy-the-definitive-edition-officially-announced-coming-soon/?do=findComment&comment=1071667279

On 26/10/2021 at 5:40 AM, hore said:

The confederate flag is being cut because of what it symbolizes. However, there's a lot more offensive content that can have a negative influence and thus should be cut before the games are released. 

Soundtracks: There are many offensive songs on the soundtracks that include racial slurs and glorify gang violence. The rock and roll should also be cut because it can be considered satanic. All of it should go and be replaced with less problematic modern artists like Lil Nas X and Ariana Grande. 

Gangs: All gang references should be cut. Gangs are a serious problem today and this stuff might influence impressionable youth to join a gang. 

Violence: Many people have been victims of violence. The guns and violence in general should be taken out of these games. Especially since many racist groups such as the Confederate Army used guns and violence to get their points across in the past. 

Traffic laws: Many people have become disabled due to bad drivers who don't follow traffic laws. The traffic laws need to be enforced in this game. 

Rockstar Games: The name itself is offensive. No one listens to rock anymore but back in the day rockstars were known to be toxic male misogynists which is not acceptable for modern audiences. 

Cops: They should be replaced with community workers and therapists in these games. 

I am proud of Rockstar because removing the confederate flag on the dumb redneck character's shirt is a good start but they have much more work to do.

This.
I 100% agree with you

Edited by IsaacDK503

15 hours ago, Eagle said:

They have. GTAForums people have datamined the R* Launcher and saw the trophy lists (with icons, to boot) for all three games, and it includes that trophy. https://gtaforums.com/topic/976221-gta-trilogy-the-definitive-edition-officially-announced-coming-soon/?do=findComment&comment=1071667279

I just hope you can still clip through the gate at the docks and do the secret packages > helicopter glitch method to boost accuracy. Otherwise the rank will be a nightmare.

Edited by westersburg

Does the ps4 physical release have a free upgrade to ps5? Do they even have any differences at all? Seems weird that they would release a separate ps5 version if nothing changes. I would like to have the disc copy but at the same time I want to play the ps5 version.

24 minutes ago, Elbender93 said:

Does the ps4 physical release have a free upgrade to ps5? Do they even have any differences at all? Seems weird that they would release a separate ps5 version if nothing changes. I would like to have the disc copy but at the same time I want to play the ps5 version.

The PS4 physical version should have a free upgrade for PS5, I assume. Xbox is doing it with their physical copy with smart delivery so it would be strange if it's not the same on Playstation. Also, the fact that there is no physical PS5 version is another indication that the physical PS4 version will have the free upgrade.

Edited by Ghost

20 hours ago, Eagle said:

Jesus Christ, how dumb are they?

4 hours ago, Elbender93 said:

Next gen versions have 4k and 60 fps support so i assume we will have a locked 30 fps on ps4 and probably lower resolution as well. 

34 minutes ago, IsaacDK503 said:

I think Rockstar intentionally leaks them

I think he was refering to the fact that they brought back the canoli trophy. Not the fact, that the list was leaked.

• Like 1

On 28/10/2021 at 2:02 PM, IsaacDK503 said:

I think Rockstar intentionally leaks them

No, I mean to include the Take the Cannoli trophy. It's pretty much impossible without a serious amount of grinding and/or a glitch. To include it even once was insane but to have included it again... what are they thinking?!

• Like 1

Again, we're assuming this trophy is still going to be that bad. THIS IS NOT A PORT! It's a Remaster. It's going to function like a PS4/PS5 game, not a PS2 game. For all we know the QoL improvements are going make this a much easier thing to achieve. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

I will seriously laugh my ass off if they removed the exploits for getting the Godfather criminal rating in GTA Vice City. Going to suck for all you people buying the games Day One.

I'm getting these for the games, the trophies/Platinums are secondary. I know, I know, we're on a trophy site, but saying buying these day one will "suck" because one single trophy in one of three titles might be a bit harder is bizarre.

• Like 3

On 10/28/2021 at 10:55 AM, Ghost said:

The PS4 physical version should have a free upgrade for PS5, I assume. Xbox is doing it with their physical copy with smart delivery so it would be strange if it's not the same on Playstation. Also, the fact that there is no physical PS5 version is another indication that the physical PS4 version will have the free upgrade.

And you also get both versions when you buy it on the PS Store, so I imagine that a free upgrade for the PS4 physical is a certainty. I pre-ordered the PS4 physical as it looks like there isn't going to be a physical PS5 version. 

3 hours ago, Creasy007 said:

but saying buying these day one will "suck" because one single trophy in one of three titles might be a bit harder is bizarre.

If it's still tied to shooting accuracy and exploits have been removed, yeah it will massively suck.  Saying the Cannoli trophy will be a bit harder without exploits or cheats is like saying Super Meat Boy is a bit harder to plat than Mortal Kombat X.  I played through VC a few months ago and used the Cone Crazy + Sea Sparrow exploit for it.  From when I got the trophy until finishing the game, my criminal rating dropped roughly 70%. 

Does anybody know of anyone getting this trophy legitimately?  I imagine you have to do nonstop vigilante missions with the helicopter, and even then, how much time are we talking about?

Destroying those helicopters to get the Godfather criminal rating would take a really long time. I was fine with either exploit, the Sea Sparrow method or the method you do after you beat the game, which is inputting a cheat code to get vehicles blown up.

Should the remaster take those exploits out and offer no good alternatives to reach the Godfather criminal rating, then yes, getting that trophy is going to suck big time. I can't see myself playing 100+ hours getting those helicopters to spawn, then using a rocket launcher to take them out over and over. Blowing a helicopter up only adds a few points to the criminal rating, and anybody who played Vice City knows you need a LOT to reach Godfather.

Is there any news on the physical release for PS5? I know the physical versions are coming out on December 7th, but for some reason the Rockstar website lists every platform EXCEPT for PS5. I checked Amazon and Best Buy, and surely enough they only have pre-orders open for PS4, XBO, Series X|S, and Switch. What's going on? I wanna get the physical copy for PS5.