GTA The Trilogy: The Definitive Edition (November 11, 2021)

6 minutes ago, DharmaDan- said:

So can we use the PS4 version trophy guides for the definitive editions of the games?

There are new trophies in these games that wont be referenced, but I guess the bulk of them outside of story related trophies will be straight forward to obtain with older guides.

I saw a few minutes of GTA Series Videos' gameplay and I actually kinda dig it. Maybe it looks more screwy in cutscenes, since I haven't seen one, but looks decent in gameplay itself, IMO. Would be nice to still have the option of the originals for those who prefer them, but eh.

36 minutes ago, OrdinaryLegoDude said:

What I meant by “I don’t see many people talking about it” is why didn’t rockstar just focus on 3 since it was the anniversary for it.

Ok, I follow you now.  My mistake.  

I was personally disappointed these weren't remade to be PS5/Xbox/PC showpieces as I think each of them would've sold well even at $70 each, like a Demon's Soul type of remake.  They are far enough removed from the PS2 era now that a full remake of these three games would've been exciting for both seasoned as well as younger gamers just getting their hands on them for the first time.

As much as I wanted a remake, the remasters will be well received, IMO and I do plan to pick these up at some point.

Is anybody having trouble buying it? Yesterday, there was a price and pre-order option. Today there's only option to add it to wishlist with release date being today. PSN, Europe, Czech Republic.

Edit: Neverminded, there is a time on PSN web interface. Apparently, it will be released in a few hours.

Edited by BloodyRutz

21 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

The soundtrack is the same as the previous remasters. -_-

So no soundtracks are cut at all? I am still worried RISE FM or MSX FM have been edited.

BTW, is it possible to get 60fps on PS4 version?

Edited by enaysoft

16 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

So no soundtracks are cut at all? I am still worried RISE FM or MSX FM have been edited.

BTW, is it possible to get 60fps on PS4 version?

No it has the same cuts as the other remasters.

However, the list of songs shared by Rockstar includes 200 songs, but it's missing several tracks NOT cut, i.e. Video Killed The Radio Star and Japanese Boy.

I think it's capped at 30FPS on old-gen systems.

Edited by Lance_87

31 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

What an absolute fucking disgrace....

Lately I have been playing Dead Rising 1 and Yakuza 0, PS3 and XBox360 games those are 1080p and locked 60 FPS on base PS4, AND the graphics of those games are like 10 times better than what the updated graphics for these games are.

AND

God Of War PS2 and PSP games were 1080p and locked 60 FPS on PS3, let alone PS4... Considering Rockstar are a multi billion dollar company now, they have made so little effort on these remasters. The quality of gfx, these games would look great and be satisfactory if they were PS3 remasters, not PS4 and PS5....

This looks way better and was only made by a fan of the game...

I just went back to look at Grand Theft Auto 4, a game made on the PS3. THAT kind of quality should have been the bare minimum.

This is it guys. There will never be a remaster of a remaster, this is the best version of these games we will ever have...

Although I share your frustration personally that I would've preferred remakes instead of remasters, if these games sell well I'm confident that they will consider reintroducing these games again and again for nostalgia and the next generation of gamers/consoles.  I actually think, as long as sales expectations are met/exceeded, that these games will continue to be remastered/remade until sales don't justify them.  My prediction is that we will see these again on PS6.

There is hope of a remaster of a remaster with games like Skyrim and the strong rumor news that Playstation is remaking the original The Last of Us.  If there's any series of games that have the potential of many multiple iterations, it's the GTA series.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, enaysoft said:

What an absolute fucking disgrace....

Lately I have been playing Dead Rising 1 and Yakuza 0, PS3 and XBox360 games those are 1080p and locked 60 FPS on base PS4, AND the graphics of those games are like 10 times better than what the updated graphics for these games are.

AND

God Of War PS2 and PSP games were 1080p and locked 60 FPS on PS3, let alone PS4... Considering Rockstar are a multi billion dollar company now, they have made so little effort on these remasters. The quality of gfx, these games would look great and be satisfactory if they were PS3 remasters, not PS4 and PS5....

This looks way better and was only made by a fan of the game...

I just went back to look at Grand Theft Auto 4, a game made on the PS3. THAT kind of quality should have been the bare minimum.

This is it guys. There will never be a remaster of a remaster, this is the best version of these games we will ever have...

This video been already posted. Just to give you another perspective I will repeat what I already posted.

I did not plan to buy Definitive Edition. I decided to give it a go after seeing the first trailer in which Rockstar showed the updated visuals. If the game would look like in the video you posted, I would NOT buy it. I have zero nostalgia feelings looking at this. It is like a completely different game (makes sense since it is GTA 5). I want to play GTA III I played 20 years. The updated visuals in Definitive Edition are exactly like I imagine in my had the game looked like 20 years ago.

Edited by BloodyRutz

I can't wait for the reviews :D 

Looking forward to trying these for myself, so i can form my own opinion. Rockstar has never let me down, so why would they now. If they end up doing it with this, then that's how it is, but i've always bought Rockstars games blindly, and i have never had reason not to. Not once since GTA 1 on ps1.

It seems like some people thought they were getting more than Rockstar promised, and these people have a tendency to stir up shitstorms. So like i said, im not forming an opinion, before i played them myself. I wish everyone would do the same. 

It's never without controversy when Rockstar releases games :D 

Grove Street Games did the remaster. But a lot of us bought into the hype anyway. 

It’s honestly pathetic that we were looking forward to a bunch of old games from a bygone era because we wanted to see them with much improved graphics. I’ve seen early footage of these remasters well ahead of time and I knew something was off. 

You guys bought into it. Rockstar has already taken the money. Preordering only lets these companies continue with their bullshit. 

I wouldn’t play these remasters even if someone gave them to me for free. Because I know they are shit. Paying the $60 for this towards a company who put so little effort into actually remastering the games makes us the fools. 

In comparison, many of the Yakuza games frequently go on sale, they’re reasonably priced and they perform far better than this shameful GTA trilogy. Some of the Yakuza games that were initially released on the PS3 were re-released on PS4. Those are leagues better than this bullshit, and I reckon the lore, story and characters far surpass that of any GTA game. 

It seems these western developers and publishers are incapable of making a proper re-release or remaster. The initial GTA trilogy that has now been delisted was quite alright but that was only because those are direct ports. But this remastered trilogy is just a turd. I’ve noticed this same sort of attitude from Ubisoft and a couple other companies. Coming out with half assed remasters and ignore the people issuing out the concerns. Dark Souls Remastered and the Yakuza games were done right. You get the full power of the PS4/PS5 with improved resolution and the full 60 FPS. These companies in charge of remastering a lot of these western titles just can’t seem to do a proper job. I think Saints Row was one of the few that actually got proper remasters.

Western game developers continue to baffle me. Some giant publisher with huge pockets takes control of a gaming company. Everything gradually goes to shit. 

Just pathetic. Sad times that we were all hyped up about some old games we loved growing up. Then the wool got pulled over our face and we expected this to be good. 

The work I’ve seen from some player modders puts everything Grove Street Games has done to shame. 

Stop supporting these clowns, because they clearly don’t care about you.

I already bet my money on the PS5 re-release of Grand Theft Auto V being another disaster on the horizon. Seeing how incompetent Rockstar is now, this wouldn’t surprise me at all.

Edited by AJ_Radio
  • Like 2