GTA The Trilogy: The Definitive Edition (November 11, 2021)

4 hours ago, TomataEighty9 said:

Yeah, cash grab is the ONLY logical explanation. 

Rockstar CLEARLY isn't making enough $$$ on GTA Online, RDR2, or all the other masterpieces they've made through the years. So milking 20+ years old games, that they had another studio remaster, makes so much sense. They are willing to piss of their fans, and risk their business, over a remaster. 

Only reasonable conclusion right there. 

The internet these days....

There is no limit to greed. Wealthy people and wealthy companies always want more money. This is one of the most basic laws of the universe c’mon now mate.

• Like 1

Never have I regretted buying a game day one more than this. It needs a lot of patching. I've seen more bugs in this version of San Andreas in 20 hours than in 500+ hours of the original including a save corruption. I suggest keeping at least 3 saves at all times or better yet avoid the headache and steer clear.

2 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Please. It sounds like you're trying so hard to defend Rockstar.

Why would I defend them? I just said I'm happy with the quality of products I've bought from them so far, latest of them being GTA 5 and RDR 2.

I always regret replying in these threads here. I mentioned I liked Miles Morales (even twice !!) and immediately got reply that I'm Sony fanboy. I mentioned Death Stranding was my GOTY 2019 and I'm Kojima fanboy. Now, for some reason I must be defending Rockstar. I mean, come on ?

How about just read the sentence I wrote and stop trying to find something that's not there?

The fact that my initial bitching post got 23 upvotes tells me plenty of people here support my position.

Yes, here for sure. But not on the global scale. Once that happens, Rockstar's sales will surely reflect that.

Did I offend you because of how heated I was in my rant? Well tough shit. I'm saying people are stupid for supporting this crap. And it sounds like you basically got triggered by the rant I made anyway, as I see you trying to put quotations around certain segments that I wrote.

Again, in your head. Can you somehow cut the emotions out of the discussion? I did not get triggered, nor did I attack you in my first reply. I simply have a different opinion on Rockstar and that's about it. Why is it that so hard to understand? These discussions would be much easier without all this shit.

Quotations explanation:

I put "fellow gamer" into quotations because I don't really care about other people just because of they are also playing video games.

I put "give a fuck" into quotations to literally use them for what they exist - to quote your wording.

When they stop milking the shit out of GTA Online, and actually give us a new game or a new IP (or both), then I will believe they care about making the best product possible. But until I see results, I'm not going to believe that.

Well, my opinion on Rockstar will change once the next GTA or RDR or with whatever they come next will not meet my expectations.

If you want to call what I'm saying is boycotting, take it as you will.

I don't know. Whatever. This is the first word that came to my mind to explain myself. I'm not a native speaker and hopefully others understood my point.

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 4

Jesus. The level people Will drop to, to bitch and moan.

rockstar hasn’t made a single bad game for 20+ years. Then they release one bad remaster, and everyone bitches and calls greed..

People are shameless

I Bet all of you still gonna buy gta 6, watch it happen.

And with this post, im gonna leave this bitch fest of a thread. It’s pathetic to watch… 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

There is no limit to greed. Wealthy people and wealthy companies always want more money. This is one of the most basic laws of the universe c’mon now mate.

This guy is in denial. Thinks we're all going to throw out our wallets and spend $70 on the next GTA game. I don't do that kind of thing anymore. I certainly don't play games blind anymore like I used to.

I've been screwed over by preordering and buying a game Day 1 in the past, so I definitely won't repeat those mistakes again.

7 hours ago, BloodyRutz said:

Why would I defend them? I just said I'm happy with the quality of products I've bought from them so far, latest of them being GTA 5 and RDR 2.

I always regret replying in these threads here. I mentioned I liked Miles Morales (even twice !!) and immediately got reply that I'm Sony fanboy. I mentioned Death Stranding was my GOTY 2019 and I'm Kojima fanboy. Now, for some reason I must be defending Rockstar. I mean, come on 1f600.png

How about just read the sentence I wrote and stop trying to find something that's not there?

I'm simply stating your counterargument was poor at best.

You basically instilled just as much emotion in your counterargument just like I did for my argument. Stop trying to deny that.

Yes, here for sure. But not on the global scale. Once that happens, Rockstar's sales will surely reflect that.

Of course not, this is a forum for a minority of people who do trophy hunting.

I've bitched about EA constantly for years. Millions of people still buy their games Day 1, millions of people still buy Madden every year. Just proves the masses are stupid and impressionable. Kids buy Shark Cards every day on GTA Online. Just join a public free roam session and you will find them.

Again, in your head. Can you somehow cut the emotions out of the discussion? I did not get triggered, nor did I attack you in my first reply. I simply have a different opinion on Rockstar and that's about it. Why is it that so hard to understand? These discussions would be much easier without all this shit.

Quotations explanation:

I put "fellow gamer" into quotations because I don't really care about other people just because of they are also playing video games.

I put "give a fuck" into quotations to literally use them for what they exist - to quote your wording.

And again, your counterargument is poor. You basically posted an emotional response towards me so I responded accordingly.

I couldn't of cared less if you have a different opinion, but you decided to throw a stupid argument towards me trying to suggest I was some angry guy out there pissed off with Rockstar.

If you want to convince more people to side with your opinion, don't lash out by saying bullshit like "People are not stupid. They don't need some sort of eye-opening from a "fellow gamer". A lot of people are stupid. It's absolutely mind boggling that people take that as offensive. 

I'm not somebody swayed by political correctness. I don't care how many people don't like me. What I'm simply saying is your counterargument was a piss poor attempt to try to get me to change my opinion on Rockstar. You're not going to convince people throwing crap like this towards somebody.

I don't know. Whatever. This is the first word that came to my mind to explain myself. I'm not a native speaker and hopefully others understood my point.

It's voting with your wallet, like I've already stated multiple times. Not that hard to understand.

Edited by AJ_Radio

Just now, enaysoft said:
The funny part is they removed the original and properly working games from the stores.

LMAO!

[edit: sorry for double post, I thought it would merge...]

That was done a little while ago at this point. They're all delisted, you have to pay the $60 for the remastered GTA trilogy.

A complete crapshoot. This is just unacceptable.

This streamer made the game unplayable on the Switch version because he kept drinking Sprunk for over an hour, literally drinking the game to death. ?

Anyone brave enough to try this on the PS and Xbox versions? ?

Why would anyone even pay full price for a "remaster" of these old ass games in the first place? Even if the remaster was done correctly these games would still show their age and be very outdated gameplay wise. They're classics forsure but no amount of nostalgia would make me pay 80$ for em unless it was a remake or a remaster similar to mass effect trilogy. 

19 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

You know I would be bitching my heart out if I were playing these remasters on the PS5. They look just terrible. I mean.... you can't do much with remastering a 20 year old game and trying to make it conform to today's standards. Would of been better if they just remade the damn things. Like what Hangar 13 did with the original Mafia.

Of this I have no doubt.

I'd recommend you try them out though, ya never know you might enjoy them. Looking terrible and how the game plays/controls are very different.

I mean, as an example, a new styled brand of car could look absolute shit to its predecessor, but drive like an absolute dream, you just gotta test it first! 

33 minutes ago, amex_svk said:

Pretty sure there are other issues than just dumb looking AI upscaled models, so your comparison is invalid.

Not really, I havent played VC and SA yet, so basing my time/experience played with GTA 3.

I'm enjoying it, but thanks for your post. X

11 hours ago, Redgrave said:

This streamer made the game unplayable on the Switch version because he kept drinking Sprunk for over an hour, literally drinking the game to death. 1f602.png

Anyone brave enough to try this on the PS and Xbox versions? 1f61b.png

Good old Joel xD also LOL @ the first minutes of the video, i did exactly the same on the PS2 version. Had billions of cash thanks to that minigame!

20 hours ago, TomataEighty9 said:

Jesus. The level people Will drop to, to bitch and moan.

rockstar hasn’t made a single bad game for 20+ years. Then they release one bad remaster, and everyone bitches and calls greed..

People are shameless

I Bet all of you still gonna buy gta 6, watch it happen.

And with this post, im gonna leave this bitch fest of a thread. It’s pathetic to watch… 

Cause it could stand for a future direction the company will go to. I absolutely adore Rockstar but I am beyond disappointed that they greenlighted this trilogy and I haven't even bought it. There is no reason that this game is in that bad state. Rockstar has all the resources to develope a well functioning and fun game. They even could go all the way and make a full on remake like Mafia but they decided for a remaster, which is fine.

However, that they saw the final product which they gave to another company and that they had the audacity to assess that work as good and ready to go is what makes me, and probably others as well, so mad. Rockstar made fun of companies like that in the past and now they are one of them? What does it mean for GTA6? Especially after Dan Houser left. This whole thing gives Rockstar a reputation which is awful. SInce the massive success of GTA Online the company seemed to change and yes I think it suits their ideals now to go for cash grabs and things alike. We have to admit that this company is heading into the wrong direction...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, OrdinaryLegoDude said:

Then why not just play the originals? They control just the same as these remasters.

I dont own the originals so I can't which is why I fancied trying these new ones out.

Edited by Stevieboy