GTA The Trilogy: The Definitive Edition (November 11, 2021)

I mean for me it’s far better from playing GTA V for the third time LOL ? , and also one thing 2 keep in mind we didn’t get SAS it’s really awful and shame since we got LCS/VCS but we didn’t get SAS and we don’t know how Brian got killed CJ ran away to LC and working with Leone family and because there’s a lot of things that needed to be answered and probably if we got GTA SAS well get the answers to it ??

21 minutes ago, communistwookiee said:

Rockstar is a pretty shit publisher, but people let them get away with it because of nostalgia blindness.

Take Two is the publisher and yes, they've poisoned changed Rockstar to be what it is today. 

40 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

So they're removing the PS2 classics from the PS Store. Pretty shitty move honestly. Like I have my doubts that this remastered trilogy is going to be objectively better than the originals in every way, especially considering the state of the previous mobile/PS3/Xbox 360 port of San Andreas. Honestly has me worried what they're going to change.

It is pretty shitty but if you already own them you can still download them. I don't think it's going to be the remake people are hyping it up to be either. At most based on their tweet, it's likely a graphics/performance update plus modernized controls. I'm recently going back to the PS2 trilogy starting with Vice City and good god the controls are atrocious. Still aiming to plat all 3 of them though.

Also hello Rockstar, did you truly forget about both Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories??? Chinatown Wars was also heavily underrated. 

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, communistwookiee said:

Rockstar is a pretty shit publisher, but people let them get away with it because of nostalgia blindness.

Serious question, what publisher do you like? 

Rockstar created GTA and it's been a classic series since GTA III on PS2.  I mean, GTA V will have a PS3, PS4, and soon PS5 version.  That shows how good their product is.  People are willing to purchase the same game three times and they continue to make billions (billions with "B") of dollars a year on a 9 year old game.  Insane.  People don't continue to pay money for games they don't like.  

Anyway, you're entitled to your opinion, curious who you hold in a high regard and why.

• Like 3

Smart to remove the cruddy PS2 ports before someone mistakenly buys them.  I think most would be pissed if they bought those just before the new ones were released (or got confused and bought the wrong version even after release).

I am very thankful I held out personally.

10 minutes ago, Paperclip1776 said:

Serious question, what publisher do you like? 

Rockstar created GTA and it's been a classic series since GTA III on PS2.  I mean, GTA V will have a PS3, PS4, and soon PS5 version.  That shows how good their product is.  People are willing to purchase the same game three times and they continue to make billions (billions with "B") of dollars a year on a 9 year old game.  Insane.  People don't continue to pay money for games they don't like.  

Anyway, you're entitled to your opinion, curious who you hold in a high regard and why.

(I'm not the OP) T2's record is beyond crap, not limited to R*.

Speaking of R* and GTA V popularity it is a cycle, being arguably one of the most 'popular' and 'vanilla' IP's out there. New players buy it, people just getting into gaming buy them. I played it on PS4 and years later got it again digital for $15ish to play it again but I never stuck with it. It's something of a 'FIFA' or Super Marion on Nintendo. Or COD - no matter how shit it will make/sell millions.

R* milked that cow dead with, honestly - and purely my opinion, cancerous Multiplayer focus, Shark cards, griefs, cheaters, and unhuman grinds. I always played GTA for the single player and while V is very good I found IV superior story-wise and no SP expansions ever came (for V). Just keep those kids spending their parents $$$ on yachts and hidden bases.

While it will be.. fun to experience these titles again I would by far prefer some news and dates on GTA VI. No matter how cute and nostalgic this remaster stuff is getting out of hand, and is completely uncalled for in some cases (not the GTA Trilogy here).

• Like 3

I should be more excited for this but I guess there’s burnout when it’s released on nearly every console over the years. Probably have upwards of 5 copies of each title, physical or digital. Same goes for the upcoming Skyrim whatever-edition-you-call it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Valkirye22 said:

While it will be.. fun to experience these titles again I would by far prefer some news and dates on GTA VI

Why? GTA 6 (if/when it eventually sees the light of day) will just end up the same as GTA V, in the sense that it will be milked to death and be heavily online focused. A few years ago I would have been hopeful that the single player portion (the bit I care about) would be good, but it wouldn't surprise me if the next GTA launches without any sort of typical single player portion at all. For all we know it could just be some type of MMO, one which GTA Online could have been the testbed for. I'm not saying something like this will happen, just that it really wouldn't surprise me if it did, given what Rockstar have become in recent years.

I have zero hype for the next GTA game, something which I never would have thought possible before, but GTA V has left a sour taste in my mouth, and as far as I'm concerned, the Rockstar I grew up with is dead. Red Dead Redemption II was their swan song, and I'll be very surprised if they pump anything else out which even comes close to being as good as that game. I hope I can be proven wrong on all of this, but it's difficult to see Rockstar changing course now. 

From 2003 to 2013 Rockstar released 18 games, and that's not including android, dlc and other stuff. In the past 8 years Rockstar have released 1 game. 

Midnight Club 2

Max Payne 2

Manhunt

Red Dead Revolver 

GTA Advance 

GTA San Andreas 

Midnight Club 3

The Warrior 

GTA Liberty City Stories 

Table Tennis 

Bully 

GTA Vice City Stories 

Manhunt 2

GTA IV 

Midnight Club LA 

Red Dead Redemption 

L.A Noire

GTA V 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

From 2003 to 2013 Rockstar released 18 games, and that's not including android, dlc and other stuff. In the past 8 years Rockstar have released 1 game. 

Midnight Club 2

Max Payne 2

Manhunt

Red Dead Revolver 

GTA Advance 

GTA San Andreas 

Midnight Club 3

The Warrior 

GTA Liberty City Stories 

Table Tennis 

Bully 

GTA Vice City Stories 

Manhunt 2

GTA IV 

Midnight Club LA 

Red Dead Redemption 

L.A Noire

GTA V 

Red Dead Redemption 2

• Like 2

i'm looking forward to getting the games in the future. for anyone after the ps3 version of san andreas it's 15$. there is a physical copy in the wild. not sure about the prices of the ps4 versions (they haven't gone on sale in a very long time).

Edited by kingdrake2

The existing versions of GTA III, GTA: Vice City, and GTA: San Andreas will be removed from the PS Store for purchase starting next week. With the announcement of GTA: The Trilogy – Definitive Edition, label Rockstar has said that it will be removing any legacy versions of the cult classics from digital storefronts. Of course, if you already purchased them then you’ll be able to redownload them at any time.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021/10/rockstar-removing-ps2-versions-of-gta-from-ps-store

Starting next week, so... October 11?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Valkirye22 said:

(I'm not the OP) T2's record is beyond crap, not limited to R*.

Speaking of R* and GTA V popularity it is a cycle, being arguably one of the most 'popular' and 'vanilla' IP's out there. New players buy it, people just getting into gaming buy them. I played it on PS4 and years later got it again digital for $15ish to play it again but I never stuck with it. It's something of a 'FIFA' or Super Marion on Nintendo. Or COD - no matter how shit it will make/sell millions.

R* milked that cow dead with, honestly - and purely my opinion, cancerous Multiplayer focus, Shark cards, griefs, cheaters, and unhuman grinds. I always played GTA for the single player and while V is very good I found IV superior story-wise and no SP expansions ever came (for V). Just keep those kids spending their parents $$$ on yachts and hidden bases.

While it will be.. fun to experience these titles again I would by far prefer some news and dates on GTA VI. No matter how cute and nostalgic this remaster stuff is getting out of hand, and is completely uncalled for in some cases (not the GTA Trilogy here).

You make some good points that I agree with: Always looking forward to GTA VI news, new single player content would be awesome, even some additional titles outside of GTA.

Where you lose me is arguing that like FIFA or Super Mario or CoD, no matter how bad the game is, people will buy it.  I agree there's always someone that would buy the game for the namesake but tens of millions of people would not be doing the same if the games were bad.  I can see you saying it's burnout, I'm sick of the same updated title year after year, or even say you don't like the formula, but to say FIFA, Super Mario, CoD or GTA games are shit tells me that you're upset with the decisions that they've made after those titles were launched.  If you didn't care, my guess is you probably wouldn't have even come to this thread, let alone post in it.  

Your opinion is yours but I find it fascinating the tone of the post is usually a very angry one over a more softer tone of disappointment, if any at all.  I'm guessing there's some history there that you're mad about and I feel like it comes out as "the games are shit".  I'm not even a FIFA fan and haven't bought the last several CoD games either.  

Edited by Paperclip1776

37 minutes ago, XXIIlII said:

Please be more than just a port

I would think that's pretty much all it is, it's coming to Switch, Android and IOS as well so it will be nothing special. They are probably just making minor adjustments and re releasing it to milk more money. 

Edited by GUDGER666