[Video Guide] God Mode Doesn't Disable Trophies!

GothGirlMaxine

But... Why would someone need a "video guide" to activate God Mode when they just need to check the box at the options menu?! 

I mean, there is another discussion about it in another topic, mainly around what it does and how it will impact the Platinum rarity... Why wasn't it posted there? :/ 

Edited by TurtlePM
  • Like 3

I feel like this might ruin the experience of playing the game as it was intended but who knows, might try it out a long ways down the road after I’ve experienced it in full. So yea, good find and it’s a good option to have.

I miss the old school games that had cheat codes. They were there if you wanted but you had to manually choose to use it. More accessibility and different ways to play a game is never a bad thing. For the people that think it negatively affects trophy hunting, is an easy cheesy way out, or are worried about leaderboards, there are far worse things that water down the trophy system like Breakthrough games, shovelware, region stacks, and the list goes on.

On 14/8/2021 at 3:08 AM, TurtlePM said:

But... Why would someone need a "video guide" to activate God Mode when they just need to check the box at the options menu?! 

I mean, there is another discussion about it in another topic, mainly around what it does and how it will impact the Platinum rarity... Why wasn't it posted there? :/ 

Because some people are very dumb and lose themselves in a cup of water.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2021 at 0:47 AM, Miles said:

I don't know about you guys but I'm not surprised in the slightest that a player who needs to use God mode also needs a guide on how to turn it on. 

I don’t understand why you are implying that players who need to use God mode are soft, when some of your platinums took 20-60 minutes to obtain and you have the platinum fo Celeste (even though you also have really rare ones (good job). Did you get your Celeste platinum without shortcuts?

I have some of these trophies as well (even though I’m not using god mode). And that’s why, as a trophy hunter who sometimes uses shortcuts, I’m not about to be condescending to other trophy hunters using trophy shortcuts on a trophy hunting website.

Edited by liquidsol
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, liquidsol said:

I don’t understand why you are implying that players who need to use God mode are soft,

My comment was mostly a joke, even though there is some truth to it. Notice how I said "players that need to use god mode". I'm sure there will be plenty of skilled players that choose to use it to speed up their progress and cross the game off their list asap. 

Edited by Miles