Your furthest chamber?

NMErickson

Hades is one gnarly rogue like. As I was overlooking the map in the hub area where it displays your furthest chamber, it made me wonder how far others have gotten.

The game just came out today but I’m sure others have made it pretty far in. So what is your furthest chamber? Has it been skill based or by getting stronger?

I just started playing and in my first run I made it to 11. I can see this number rising fast because Hades is easy to pick up and play, ever rewarding, and has that addicting “one more run” feel. My current bow run eclipsed it already.

Bonus Darkness if you name your favorite weapon of choice because I’m curious about that as well.

Edited by NMErickson
Title
  • Like 1

I made it to the second boss on my second run. Like 15 runs deep now and I still haven’t made it past the second boss lol. Not even that I think he’s hard, just hurtin when I get there.

Most of my runs were with the bow, but the last couple were with the spear and I’m really diggin it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

I made it to the second boss on my second run. Like 15 runs deep now and I still haven’t made it past the second boss lol. Not even that I think he’s hard, just hurtin when I get there.

Most of my runs were with the bow, but the last couple were with the spear and I’m really diggin it.

Oh damn, nice dude! I’ve got work to do.

13 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

Really love the spear.

Not so big a fan of the exalted greatshield mooks in Elysium.

Sounds like I need a spear, stat. That’s amazing you guys are in or nearing the 3rd out of the 4 zones. I tried to look up a chamber count but info varies for the first three and I’m not digging too deep, to avoid spoilers lol. The final zone sounds fun and interesting as it apparently has a variable amount depending on luck.

I've gotten to the second boss. Very entertaining fight! I was so busy going "ooh" and "aah" and then next thing I know, I'm back in the blood pool ? 

Weapon of choice: Aegis Shield ? 

You can block incoming damage, smack enemies and knock them back and my favourite: throw the shield and it comes back like a boomerang, ricocheting off enemies on its way back! Super cool ??

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, zorba-da-greek said:

I've gotten to the second boss. Very entertaining fight! I was so busy going "ooh" and "aah" and then next thing I know, I'm back in the blood pool 1f648.png 

Weapon of choice: Aegis Shield 1f6e1.png 

You can block incoming damage, smack enemies and knock them back and my favourite: throw the shield and it comes back like a boomerang, ricocheting off enemies on its way back! Super cool 1f44c-1f3fb.png

Yeah, I love that, and the fists!

12 hours ago, NMErickson said:

Hades is one gnarly rogue like. As I was overlooking the map in the hub area where it displays your furthest chamber, it made me wonder how far others have gotten.

The game just came out today but I’m sure others have made it pretty far in. So what is your furthest chamber? Has it been skill based or by getting stronger?

I just started playing and in my first run I made it to 11. I can see this number rising fast because Hades is easy to pick up and play, ever rewarding, and has that addicting “one more run” feel. My current bow run eclipsed it already.

Bonus Darkness if you name your favorite weapon of choice because I’m curious about that as well.

I made it to final boss fight with no health left so didn't really get to fight him.  For me it's mainly been about luck of the draw.  sometimes the boss fights leading up to the end are tougher than others depending on what attacks the bosses are using and in the case of the first boss fight which sister you are fighting.  Learning how to get through the 3rd fight without loosing too much health and 2nd chances is the hardest part though.  i just quit for the night on the 1st boss fight when I walked in it was the hardest of the three sisters which sucks because I'm really set up well and she is going to destroy my health.  i'll tackle it in the morning.  Fun game can't stop playing it.

Edit:

Amazing what some sleep will do absolutely destroyed her.  Best thing for this boss fight is the 500% trap damage to foes boon.  Literally melted her by dashing through the traps.  only lost 18 health.

Edited by steel6burgh
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, steel6burgh said:

I made it to final boss fight with no health left so didn't really get to fight him.  For me it's mainly been about luck of the draw.  sometimes the boss fights leading up to the end are tougher than others depending on what attacks the bosses are using and in the case of the first boss fight which sister you are fighting.  Learning how to get through the 3rd fight without loosing too much health and 2nd chances is the hardest part though.  i just quit for the night on the 1st boss fight when I walked in it was the hardest of the three sisters which sucks because I'm really set up well and she is going to destroy my health.  i'll tackle it in the morning.  Fun game can't stop playing it.

Interesting. I went into this blind so didn’t know the sisters were random. I got Meg the first boss battle. Got her life down to 50% but it was tough. Next run, I took her out fast and easy. The randomization in this is so cool. It just makes you want to keep playing to see what’s in the next run. That and when you gain new weapon power up combinations. Some seem so OP for a while but then the game throws something new to deal with. Explosive shot & another power up or boon I can’t remember with the bow was nuts and have a good one now with the newly obtained Spear. Edit: It’s Hangover (Curse) attached to the Special attack. Pretty much does all the work for me while I’m at a distance. The Aegis mentioned above sounds fun too. It’s a nice variety.

Edited by NMErickson

6 minutes ago, NMErickson said:

Interesting. I went into this blind so didn’t know the sisters were random. I got Meg the first boss battle. Got her life down to 50% but it was tough. Next run, I took her out fast and easy. The randomization in this is so cool. It just makes you want to keep playing to see what’s in the next run. That and when you gain new weapon power up combinations. Some seem so OP for a while but then the game throws something new to deal with. Explosive shot & another power up or boon I can’t remember with the bow was nuts and have a cool one now with the newly obtained Spear. The Aegis mentioned above sounds fun too. It’s a nice variety.

I tried the bow once and didn't get anything good and the enemies were bullet sponges big time.  It was my least favorite but the explosive shot i bet would be good with it. I only used it once so I need to give it another go. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NMErickson said:

Where is the map you're talking about ? I can't find it.

Hey! Hades vet here. I put a lot of time into the switch version, and seeing as some people are having trouble, maybe I could offer some tips. If it matters to you, I've done heat runs near the high 20s.

9 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

I made it to final boss fight with no health left so didn't really get to fight him.  For me it's mainly been about luck of the draw.  sometimes the boss fights leading up to the end are tougher than others depending on what attacks the bosses are using and in the case of the first boss fight which sister you are fighting.

Sometimes it may feel this way, but there really isn't any luck to it. When starting your runs, keep an open mind. DO NOT GET MARRIED TO ANY SINGLE STYLE OF PLAY. Hades is designed where any build, weapon, and boon are viable to beat the game. 

Min-maxing is a HUGE part of Hades, and can help you complete runs much easier. For example, say you really like the attack of a weapon, but the boons starting out only having upgrades for special, cast, and dash. You can either wait for a good boon for your attack, or start to think about building a different attack style with what you're getting. Maybe get the dash, dash multiple times around the enemy before going for backstabs. Pick the cast, and while it's lodged in the enemy you can do bonus damage. Or, start to spam special and see how powerful it can get with other synergizing boons. By foregoing attack as a priority, you can boost other aspects of yourself and be incredibly powerful that way.

Usually, once you get to Elysium, a Daedalus Hammer will spawn in one of the first rooms. This is another way to boost one of your forms of attack with your weapon. This is another way to elevate your min-max strategy.

When you get far enough, Chaos gates will spawn. If you can afford the health, they're almost always worth it. Just think about which boon will benefit your build for that run.

Ultimately, like with any rogue-lite, memorizing enemies and attack patterns are key. With Hades, the more you play, the more powerful you will get through upgrades and such. Just be patient and you'll get gud in no time!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arthyxe said:

Where is the map you're talking about ? I can't find it.

It’s more of a view of the world. It’s the green picture above. I didn’t know what to call it, sorry. Hades doesn’t have maps of areas you’re in but there’s an underworld map shown when you switch zones.

• Like 1

I hit the 20th chamber on my second run with the bow and later I found the shield to be really useful. The fact that you can defend yourself during the "survive 45 seconds" challenge really helps. I'm new to the genre but it's an amazing game

• Like 1

After a frustrating moment where the game crashed during the final boss forcing me to restart a run, I went back and finished a run for the first time today. Then I did it 3 more times with 3 more weapons. I’ve cleared it with the Shield, Fists, Gun, and Sword so far. 

• Like 1

On 8/14/2021 at 11:23 AM, BKnocheese said:

Hey! Hades vet here. I put a lot of time into the switch version, and seeing as some people are having trouble, maybe I could offer some tips. If it matters to you, I've done heat runs near the high 20s.

Sometimes it may feel this way, but there really isn't any luck to it. When starting your runs, keep an open mind. DO NOT GET MARRIED TO ANY SINGLE STYLE OF PLAY. Hades is designed where any build, weapon, and boon are viable to beat the game. 

Min-maxing is a HUGE part of Hades, and can help you complete runs much easier. For example, say you really like the attack of a weapon, but the boons starting out only having upgrades for special, cast, and dash. You can either wait for a good boon for your attack, or start to think about building a different attack style with what you're getting. Maybe get the dash, dash multiple times around the enemy before going for backstabs. Pick the cast, and while it's lodged in the enemy you can do bonus damage. Or, start to spam special and see how powerful it can get with other synergizing boons. By foregoing attack as a priority, you can boost other aspects of yourself and be incredibly powerful that way.

Usually, once you get to Elysium, a Daedalus Hammer will spawn in one of the first rooms. This is another way to boost one of your forms of attack with your weapon. This is another way to elevate your min-max strategy.

When you get far enough, Chaos gates will spawn. If you can afford the health, they're almost always worth it. Just think about which boon will benefit your build for that run.

Ultimately, like with any rogue-lite, memorizing enemies and attack patterns are key. With Hades, the more you play, the more powerful you will get through upgrades and such. Just be patient and you'll get gud in no time!

I played 80+ hours on Switch and can concur with everything said here. Hades rewards trying new ways of building and not being stuck to any one style. One run your main attack may be really powerful, next run maybe the cast is at the forefront. This makes every chamber choice matter, and really fun. This game gets better and better the more you play. Have fun!

• Like 2

I managed to clear the game for the first time on escape attempt 20 using the gun. Following that I just now cleared escape attempt 21 using the shield with 1 heat. Doubt i'll make 3 in a row though as I got lucky with RNG on my second escape.

It's a good game but I'm not quite as hot on it as most others are. I'll keep playing for the platinum though and see if my view changes.