Your furthest chamber?

NMErickson

Switch vet with 80+ hours experience here - managed to clear on my 5th attempt with the shield. Zeus boon on the special (shield throw), Aphrodite on regular attack, Poseidon call with a couple boons that charged up the God Gauge super fast.

I tend to find the shield the easiest weapon to clear with (mostly because said shield can block literally everything), but one of the slowest and least fun unless I get an insane build. My favorites are usually sword/fists/bow since you can pretty reliably build towards a stupid high level of DPS if you know what you're doing.

Also forgot how much more challenging this game is when you barely have anything unlocked. The difficulty curve definitely smooths out a bit once you unlock more permanent buffs and just get used to the combat mechanics.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mariner1534 said:

Switch vet with 80+ hours experience here - managed to clear on my 5th attempt with the shield. Zeus boon on the special (shield throw), Aphrodite on regular attack, Poseidon call with a couple boons that charged up the God Gauge super fast.

I tend to find the shield the easiest weapon to clear with (mostly because said shield can block literally everything), but one of the slowest and least fun unless I get an insane build. My favorites are usually sword/fists/bow since you can pretty reliably build towards a stupid high level of DPS if you know what you're doing.

Also forgot how much more challenging this game is when you barely have anything unlocked. The difficulty curve definitely smooths out a bit once you unlock more permanent buffs and just get used to the combat mechanics.

Good stuff ? Sounds like there’s still a lot of things to do, stuff to unlock, etc once clear it multiple times even. Love that for replayability . I have yet to clear it once but it does feel like I’m slowly getting stronger through upgrades. Not to mention playing better through practice/experience.

Edited by NMErickson
  • Like 1

Finally cleared a run with a build I found using the bow

• Flurry Shot: Hold Attack to shoot rapidly, but you cannot power shot.
  • Twin Shot: Your attack fires 2 shots side-by-side, but has reduced range.
  • Deadly Strike: Your Attack is stronger, with 15% chance to deal Critical damage.
  • Heartbreak Flourish: Your Special deals more damage and inflicts Weak.
  • Heart Rend (Aphrodite/Artemis Duo Boon): Your Critical effects deal even more damage to Weak foes.

This build is just insane and wrecks the whole game. Takes some RNG as a starter as I can't reroll stuff yet but I managed most of the above.

Build info from: https://gamerbebop.com/hades-heart-seeking-bow-builds-all-aspects/#zagreus

Edited by Deluziion90
  • Like 1

Escaped on my 20th run for the first time and I've had about four or five clears since then!! The game is so damn addictive haha, really loving it. My go-to weapons are definitely the Bow and the Railgun with the right perks but I've heard people say that the Shield is also pretty insane.

• Like 1

Took me about 15~ runs before I finally got my first Escape clear ☺️ Never played this game before :dunno: Having the 20-key Mirror unlock is what did it I think. +20% extra chance to get a Boon/Hammer/etc (Dark Foresight) helped me get super Booned Out before the final battle. Also saved up all my "extra lives" from Death Defiance instead of normally using Stubborn Defiance. Had the Hermes Dodge/Movement Keepsake and the Bow ☺️

Reading this thread really makes me wanna try out some new weapons (especially the Shield and Spear)! Gotta do it anyway for the weapon upgrade materials ?

I didn't discover Demeter (Ice) until like after the final boss killed me once, but the Demeter Cast with the ice crystal on the ground just wrecks things!

• Like 1

Thanks for the insight into how everyone is playing! Super interesting. ☺️ Tried the Shield last night and cleared on the 2nd try! Was very Zeus and Poseidon heavy Boon-wise. Bull Rush charge up reminds me a lot of the Bow's Power Shot, so felt right at home using it! Was so shocked how much it blocks, holy moly! Need so many more upgrade materials so I can upgrade the Bull Rush some more :lol: Love this game!

• Like 2

24 escape attempts. 7 escapes.

Spoiler

YYxn9KD.jpg

Probably could have cleared more, died to final boss 5 or so times, most of them because of bad builds, where I just pick the boons I haven't picked yet. Gladly, I mostly finished the God-specific boon prophecies and can focus on synergy.

This is one hell of a game and worth every second of the two years of wait. Pure enjoyment.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, tranquility101 said:

Thanks for the insight into how everyone is playing! Super interesting. 263a.png Tried the Shield last night and cleared on the 2nd try! Was very Zeus and Poseidon heavy Boon-wise. Bull Rush charge up reminds me a lot of the Bow's Power Shot, so felt right at home using it! Was so shocked how much it blocks, holy moly! Need so many more upgrade materials so I can upgrade the Bull Rush some more :lol: Love this game!

I will try the shield next time with Poseidon and Zeus, it is a strong build?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FlareZero said:

I will try the shield next time with Poseidon and Zeus, it is a strong build?

My third clear was an Aspect of Zeus shield run. Zeus boon on special, artemis support arrows boon. You can just throw your shield and block everything while the shield keeps spinning. It is kinda defensive, but works. Personally i prefer Poseidon or Ares and a normal shield throw, but wanted to try something different.

• Like 2

Finished the game on my 17th run. Did it with the help of looking up several weapons guides to find out bow with chiron aspect (special tracking) is the most OP damage build (DPS per one target) in the game, Now I can finish the game with any weapon and working on finishing with each weapon one time, almost 50 runs deep. Really loving this game.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...