PSNP Interviews: SlimSanta94 - Submit Your Questions!

Hello one and all back to Member Interviews! Our first interviewee of the month @SlimSanta94 who has a storied history on PSNP and is one that has achieved quite a lot!

SlimSanta94.png

You may be asking, who is this person? Well, let's find out. Questions can be submitted starting now until August 24rd, 2021. SlimSanta94 has provided the community a snippet about themselves to help with coming up with questions :)

About Me

Hello folks, I guess it’s my turn for an interview. My name is Chris but my friends call me Slim. I’m a 27 year old Sound engineer/musician from the UK. I’ve been gaming practically my whole life, I’m extremely passionate about rhythm gaming in particular and in recent years I’ve been pushing myself more and more to find where my limits are.

Got a question?

Feel free to ask me anything. :)

Interview setup 

The setup for all PSNP interviews will be as follows:

1. After the new interviewees have been revealed, the PSNP community will have 10 days to ask their questions. While the community is coming up with questions, the interviewees has the time to work on the 17 standard questions
  2. After those 10 days, those question along with the standard question will be sent to the interviewee.
  3. The interviewees will have another 7 days to answer as many of the questions as they want.
  4. The interviewees will also have the chance to complete a bonus side activity presented by the prior interviewee.
  5. Once the interviewees has finished answering the question, I will post the whole Interview in a new thread.

How to be a Interviewee

If anyone wants to be interviewed all they have to do is say they would like to be added on the interview signup thread. After that the member will be added to the list of potential interviewees.

List of questions

Standard Questions

1. How did you come up with your PSN name?
  2. What games convinced you get your PlayStation 3, Playstation Vita, PlayStation 4 and Playstation 5?
  3. What are your top 5 game series and why?
  4. What are your top 5 games and why?
  5. Which unreleased game(s) are you looking forward to the most and why?
  6. Do you have any other hobbies outside of gaming?
  7. Top 5 TV shows, Movies, and/or anime, why, and would you recommend them to people?
  8. Top 5 favorite music bands/group/artists/composers/ost?
  9. Your favorite platinum and why?
  10. Your least favorite platinum and why?
  11. Have you ever been tempted to switch over to the Xbox/Nintendo/PC gaming ecosystems?
  12. If you could have one game from any gaming generation be remade or re-released, which one would it be and why?
  13. How far are you willing to go for a platinum?
  14. If you could give Sony direct feedback of business decisions in the last year, and the latest console generation, what would you tell them?
  15. What is your favorite thing about PSNP?
  16. What is your least favorite thing about PSNP?
  17. Is there anyone in the PSNP Community you would like to give a shout out too and if so why?

PSNP Community Questions (updated periodically)

1. Which instrument would you ban from existence never to have to listen to it again as a sound engineer?
  2. Where is the is reason in treason?
  3. Knack when?
  4. What compelled you to do Crypt of the Necrodancer?
  5. What innovations would you like to see in the future of rhythm gaming? 
  6. Very impressive trophies. What do u have in mind for plat #300?
  7. Are there any games that made you give up on them? You have Cloudberry Kingdom and Injustice 1 on your profile. Do you ever plan to going back and finishing them? 
  8. Do the games you play simply happen to have Ultra Rare 100%\Platinums, or are you actually pushing yourself to get as many Ultra Rare 100%/Platinums regardless on how appealing the game itself may be? Maybe a mix of both?

9. What's your opinion about super easy and cheap Platinums?

10. When and how did you find out that Santa Claus doesn't really exist? How was your reaction?

11. What would be your piece of advice to a trophy hunter just starting out?

12. Are they're any genres you would love to excel at but don't have the skill for? 

13. What do you think about game delistings and server shutdowns?

14. How's your day going?

15. Most played song on Clone Hero?

16. What new game do you have planned for your PS5?

17. Knowing that you play quite a few instruments (talking about RL now), is there one instrument in particular that you would say you have more fun playing over the others? And why is it the drums?  

18. Also, do you still find and make time for practicing playing music? And having to practice so many instruments, do you have a schedule / plan on how to keep up with everything? 

19. If you could spend a day with any celebrity, who would it be and why?

20. How low long can you see yourself hunting trophies for?

21. What games would you play just for the fun of it, if trophies/achievements didn't exist? 

22. Guitar Hero or Rockband?

23. How many total hours of Crypt of the Necrodancer have you played (across all consoles/PC)? How many hours did it take to "git gud?"

24. What's your go-to video game job/class in video games and what video game job/class would you have in real life (Warrior, Bard, White Mage, gunner, etc) and why?

25. You’ve played a nice variety of games. Can you name a game from your experiences that was critically panned (e.g. Metacritic < 70) that you thought was actually good?  Likewise, how about a game the critics adored (e.g. > 90) that you thought was overrated?

26. Absolute legend. At this point, do you believe in “difficulty” in games? Or is “difficulty” just a matter of sinking time, where your goal will eventually be reached if you pour enough time into it?

27. Let's say theoretically, Crypt of the Necrodancer came out with stacks... Would you do it all over again, more than once even?!

28. Do you solve puzzles with or without walkthroughs?

29. Is Sayonara Wild Hearts one of your favourite games ever? Please note a lot hinges on your answer. =P

30. As a holder of a few rhythm game plats myself, do you miss the music games like Guitar Hero and Rock Band?

31. I know you're slim but are you phat?

Edited by Dreggit
  • Like 2

Do the games you play simply happen to have Ultra Rare 100%\Platinums, or are you actually pushing yourself to get as many Ultra Rare 100%/Platinums regardless on how appealing the game itself may be? Maybe a mix of both?

What's your opinion about super easy and cheap Platinums?

When and how did you find out that Santa Claus doesn't really exist? How was your reaction?

Edited by KenjiCBZ
  • Like 2

Nice to see you are up, Slim. 

Not much I haven't had the chance to ask, but here goes... 

Knowing that you play quite a few instruments (talking about RL now), is there one instrument in particular that you would say you have more fun playing over the others? And why is it the drums? :P  

Also, do you still find and make time for practicing playing music? And having to practice so many instruments, do you have a schedule / plan on how to keep up with everything? 

• Like 2

If you could spend a day with any celebrity, who would it be and why?

How low long can you see yourself

hunting trophies for? 

What games would you play just for the fun of it, if trophies/achievements didn't exist? 

Edited by Miles
  • Like 1

1. Guitar Hero or Rockband?

2. How many total hours of Crypt of the Necrodancer have you played (across all consoles/PC)? How many hours did it take to "git gud?"

3.) What's your go-to video game job/class in video games and what video game job/class would you have in real life (Warrior, Bard, White Mage, gunner, etc) and why?

• Like 2

You’ve played a nice variety of games. Can you name a game from your experiences that was critically panned (e.g. Metacritic < 70) that you thought was actually good?  Likewise, how about a game the critics adored (e.g. > 90) that you thought was overrated?

Edited by DrEvilGuapo

I was thinking “meh who is this random guy”. 

Then I saw you’re one of the eleven platinum holders for Crypt of the Necrodancer. 

Absolute legend. At that point, do you believe in “difficulty” in games? Or is “difficulty” just a matter of sinking time, where your goal will eventually be reached if you pour enough time into it?