Can't Touch This

LegendExeter

This trophy is goddamn bullshit. 

I'm not even raging while playing this yet it's really making me question my time investment.   I've S ranked it 3:38 best time 54800 points yet I apparently cannot do it without getting hit by something.  

I've read online and I've watched videos.  

I'm just surprised I guess at how ridiculous this is.  My biggest problem is when I get close to make the hit and it sends out its homing missiles....well logically I would want to out maneuver them like a fighter pilot.  Yet if I do that I get out of position for the hit.  If I stay in like to go up to avoid the clap attack a homing missile hits me from above.

It's just goddamn ridiculous I need to fly to the center of a target that is shooting homing missiles at me.  Crap controls and harder then hell to even see the rings.  

What a joke.

Edited by LegendExeter
Spell correction

6 minutes ago, SakiSakiSakiSakiSaki said:

Oh dude. You think Generations is hard? Unleashed will rip you to shreds. So many bottomless pits and glitchy loop-de-loop tracking. 

Unleashed was probably one of the hardest and frustrating games I’ve ever platinumed. 

I don't think Generations is hard I think this specific trophy is ridiculous. 

28 minutes ago, LegendExeter said:

I don't think Generations is hard I think this specific trophy is ridiculous. 

It takes 20-25 attempts for everyone. It was my last trophy. 

Just avoid going in the 2D section at all times, and focus on getting rings. 

When you boost, aim for it’s face/head, because it will clap to hit you. 

I found out that if it’s clapped once and it missed you, and you’re still nearby, it won’t clap again until you hit it or cause a phase change. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Took about 2.5 hours yesterday trying this, had 4 good runs in which I was sure to get it... but just didn't. Camera is terrible, both sonics are yellow balls and those homing attacks also have same color. Sometime camera will switch angles you it feels like you get stuck at the top / botton of screen without being able to get out of there.

After a lot of frustration last night, took me three more tries today to finally get it. Just gotta be extra careful, stop boosting if needed and focus on hoarding rings as much as you can. If you're close and he sends homing missiles after you, switch with triangle and make sure to avoid them, as you can't see them when they come directly from above / below you. Also when he starts to prepare that laser cannon attack, switching sonics seems to be the only way to avoid it, he'll just shoot it sideways and you can switch back.

Don't worry about hitting any debris, doing so DO NOT void the trophy. I've hit at least 5 pieces face first and still got it. Actually, they are usuful to shield you from homing attacks too

• Like 1