Oh Dear

Gecko-Byte

Dude's a genius, probably making bank from all these sorry leaderboard chasers on these next-to-nothing-to-develop games. He came in with this garbage at exactly the right time, can't hate on the guy since he's just providing a service that gets invested in week after week

And yes, I know Breakthrough has been around for a long time

Edited by Deadly_Ha_Ha
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

This is literally flinging monkey shit at the wall to see if it sticks. Seriously.

I guess the next step is allowing the AO label (Adults Only) on console games and then selling shovelware that features two hentai girls having sex with one another. That's the entire game. Yeah, I'm sure somebody already took that idea and made it a game at this point.

Steam is your real life example. 

But in comparison, Sony was always striving for censorship. Valve never gave a shit. I don't think this will happen. 

4 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

When the rarity leaderboard was brougtht up originally i could care less.

But now thinking about it, it actually might be needed for the sake of the community. If that leaderboard was included it could give people the mental switch needed to stop buying this trash. You hear over and over people are buying this to keep their rank. Eliminate the rank and thus you eliminate the need for consuming.

Honestly the Rarity Leaderboard might be the socially responsible thing to do...THERE...you convinced me.

If i had the option to turn off leadearboard on my profile i would do so, not for cause of competing

but more for not giving some casual people idea that i would play this trash ? which feels insulting.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

When the rarity leaderboard was brougtht up originally i could care less.

But now thinking about it, it actually might be needed for the sake of the community. If that leaderboard was included it could give people the mental switch needed to stop buying this trash. You hear over and over people are buying this to keep their rank. Eliminate the rank and thus you eliminate the need for consuming.

Honestly the Rarity Leaderboard might be the socially responsible thing to do...THERE...you convinced me.

It could be an opt in-opt out scenario. People who want to be ranked based on rarity head over there, and the stackers can stay on the normal leaderboard.

Everybody wins.

No, there’s no need to give me a Nobel Peace Prize.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Nelson_Otaku said:

If i had the option to turn off leadearboard on my profile i would do so, not for cause of competing

but more for not giving some casual people idea that i would play this trash ? which feels insulting.

Oh yeah I stopped caring about that a long time ago. i used to enjoy it when I was trying to get into the top 100 of my country but eventually realized that was going to be impossible and stop caring...that was well before this mess came about.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, themindisacity said:

I went down a rabbit hole on this guy a month or two ago.  Something just felt weird about all of this.  It's literally just one guy, but he develops under one company name and publishes under another.  All of his game series have YouTube channels that posted one or two short videos when the games were all first made in the early 2000s....then absolutely nothing until he started putting these games on PSN, even though he'd ported almost everything onto various mobile app stores in the interim.  It just feels.....odd.

Also, Project Summer Ice has ebooks.

When these games first coming out I thought it was some Christians’ weird attempt at evangelising. Hiding Biblical verses in the games and releasing them on Sundays. I don’t know what the “stories” in these games are about, but I’m sure they have some kind of religious angle to them.

But this guy really hit a goldmine when he started adding platinums to his games. Guaranteed a couple thousand sales every week. A bit greedy, don’t you think? Money being the root of evil, and all that.

Edited by Neocarleen
  • Like 2

Well it’s quite simple really. The more they break it down into individual levels per game, the more easy plats we get. As I’ve said on other forums, for the crappy games such as this one, the plat is all we care about and it’s nice and cheap. Other ones that are at least half-decent can actually be quite enjoyable to play AND we get the platinum.

And no I don’t think Sony should just start selling platinums and would not do so if they did. You might see it as the same thing, but it’s a very fine line and it’s different.

1 hour ago, Baker said:

Hi Billy Mays Baker here with the message that if it's needed, I can write another fantastic trophy guide for this game.

I saw your other 2 guides ,they were awesome,a lot of detail in them and you wrote them really fast, can’t wait for the next one !

I've retired from trophy hunting for a couple of years now. I may pursue the odd plat here and there if the game's worth it but that's about it. I recently picked up a few games from this developer out of sheer curiosity and boy even if each game lasts about 1-2mins, I found them very fascinating in an odd and disturbing way. It's like jumping down in a rabbit hole, trying to sniff whatever the creator was sniffing while making these games. Main reason why I enjoyed the Attacking Zegeta games and the mystery surrounding them too. 

To the people in this thread who keep on attacking players for buying them, I honestly fail to understand you. Blame Sony for allowing games like this to exist in the store, not the players for buying them. They cost around a dollar each which is nothing and some will buy them out of sheer curiosity like me or for boosting their stats. No big deal. Besides, these games are just the tip of the iceberg in terms of when did trophy hunting start to go wrong. Ever since the introduction of the PS4 era most plats are super easy to attain. This is just a continuation of a very old trend 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KristophDJHero said:

I usually pick up a Rata title or two when they're on sale and play them in between my main games just for a bit of fun (and because they strangely remind me of the old-school games my cousin and I used to play). I don't really understand all the hate for them. They're fun, short games for a few dollars a pop - they just happen to have a bunch of Gold trophies and short Platinums and it is just what it is :)

I think these ones are getting a little ridiculous though. One level of a game, really? Who the hell approves this kind of stuff?

Well, I do hope you do not misinterpret my message, as I have no hate for Rata imports. There are a few that I have played myself that I thoroughly enjoyed and played after the plat, as obtaining the plat usually doesn't cover the whole game.

I only throw Rata games and others in there as example because most people buying them are merely buying their way into achieving platinum trophies to boost their scores. Even with saying that, I have no hate for the people that choose to do this. People can play what they want to play and they can spend their money on whatever they want. It does not bother nor phase me.

I made an example of Rata and other games, to express that if these games are NOT being bought for your enjoyment, then you may have a slight problem. I do truly hope people buying and playing these are having fun. If you aren't, then take a step back. Take a look at your profile, see what you've accomplished, and ask yourself just that.. Do you feel accomplished? Why did you get into trophy hunting to begin with? If you are still on that same path, then youre fine, but if these easy platinums have taken you away from that path, then stop.

Like I said, its not to late to come back to the side that plays quality games for quality entertainment. 

5 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

This is literally flinging monkey shit at the wall to see if it sticks. Seriously.

I guess the next step is allowing the AO label (Adults Only) on console games and then selling shovelware that features two hentai girls having sex with one another. That's the entire game. Yeah, I'm sure somebody already took that idea and made it a game at this point.

I'm busting my ass in Max Payne 3, and you lot are buying shit games by the dollar. The Max Payne 3 platinum is worth more than over 1000 of these trash tier games.

They don't even have nice trophy or card art.

I play a a lot of RPGs so there's days where I'm in the middle of one and won't get any trophies until closer to the end. But I try to structure my milestones so worthwhile games get on there and I don't just have rows upon rows of the same game 5 or 6 times.

47 minutes ago, JayVR82 said:

At what point does Sony stop this madness. Are they even aware this is completely messing up their trophy/platinum system? I get that this has been going on for years now, but this isn't good for anybody.

Well these games aren't messing up the trophy system. The trophy system works fine. It tracks the games you've played and gives you an overall completion rating. What part of the trophy system is this breaking? 

The only thing these games are immediately affecting are websites that track others trophies and apply them to a leaderboard system. That has NOTHING to do with Sony. Our trophy hunting has NOTHING to do with Sony.

In regards to the leaderboards being "messed" up, people are the problem, not the games. Nobody is being forced to play these games. People are choosing to buy them constantly and are always on the lookout for the next one. This is the problem you might have with "trophies"... The people obtaining them.

If people quit buying games for the 10-30m plat, then maybe they wouldn't release as much. 

Orrrrrrr... if people were obsessed with HARD platinums, maybe we'd get flooded with impossible platinums that people could play endlessly.

Point is companies sell what people buy.. They aren't the problem. The consumer is.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, OFFICER_OILDAB said:

For those that buy these games consistently, I do hope you are getting some sort of enjoyment out of them... If you aren't, its not too late to stop. Remember why you started hunting in the first place! Don't let these cash grabs consume you, your hobby, and/or your trophy list o.o

Honestly, I always took for granted that they have enjoyment doing that: they just want to see their trophy/platinum count increase as well as their position in the leaderboard, nothing else, and they have fun that way. I don't think they do that without enjoying it... If it is the case, then it's pretty much an addiction. ?

4 hours ago, arcanehornet_ said:

You still have nearly every Breakthrough Gaming plat, and I will continue calling you out for it until you stop making these comments

He's clearly trolling