Oh Dear

Gecko-Byte

I maintain that I think it is a fairy good bet that any future trophy tracking site that comes along will most likely set their own rules up in such a way that they simply exclude some games from counting on their leaderboard. 

There are already some minor sites experimenting with the concept of not counting ‘stacks’ or ignoring games that are extremely short / auto-popped - the only reason these haven’t taken off is that the sites themselves are not of a standard as to compete with the likes of PSNP or PSNTL - but sooner or later one will be.

Given that the current sites have stopped evolving or innovating, I suspect it really is only a matter of time.

If/when one does, I suspect the endless, soulless, joyless, gluttonous arms-race of chewing through artistically barren, inept, simple, lightning fast “games” such as these ones will ultimately prove to have been as meaningless as the “games” themselves - and the only people left on the current big trophy sites will be those too deep in this hole to feel able to make the switch - and those still yearning for some kind of true ‘gaming’ competition will be siphoned off to the newer pastures.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I maintain that I think it is a fairy good bet that any future trophy tracking site that comes along will most likely set their own rules up in such a way that they simply exclude some games from counting on their leaderboard. 

There are already some minor sites experimenting with the concept of not counting ‘stacks’ or ignoring games that are extremely short / auto-popped - the only reason these haven’t taken off is that the sites themselves are not of a standard as to compete with the likes of PSNP or PSNTL - but sooner or later one will be.

Given that the current sites have stopped evolving or innovating, I suspect it really is only a matter of time.

If/when one does, I suspect the endless, soulless, joyless, gluttonous arms-race of chewing through artistically barren, inept, simple, lightning fast “games” such as these ones will ultimately prove to have been as meaningless as the “games” themselves - and the only people left on the current big trophy sites will be those too deep in this hole to feel able to make the switch - and those still yearning for some kind of true ‘gaming’ competition will be siphoned off to the newer pastures.

Since the ranking is just a points calculation. There should just be a setting in our profile between "all" and "rarity". Rarity mode just excludes any trophy from any game that is between 50-100%

Which then shows your main page

accordingly.

If this ever should happen, I predict quite a few meltdowns on this site anyway.

22 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Since the ranking is just a points calculation. There should just be a setting in our profile between "all" and "rarity". Rarity mode just excludes any trophy from any game that is between 50-100%

Which then shows your main page

accordingly.

If this ever should happen, I predict quite a few meltdowns on this site anyway.

I don’t care about rarity - lots of great games are common as muck.
I care about whether a game is an actual game or just a charitable donation to an anti-choice organisation disguised as a game or not, and whether it has 10 stacks in different regions.

To be quite honest, in my opinion, this site would do much more to sort its leaderboards out by simply banning accounts that routinely have games from multiple regions to which they do not belong, than introducing a ‘rarity’ leaderboard - especially when rarity is so obtusely calculated for dlc.

Giving fake addresses to access multiple regions is already a Sony TOS violation as far as I can tell, so simply enforcing that edict on this site (if Sony won’t do it themselves) would make a massive difference overnight - without furthering the tiresome “difficulty = rarity” error routinely made all over the site :dunno:

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I care about whether a game is an actual game or just a charitable donation to an anti-choice organisation disguised as a game or not, and whether it has 10 stacks in different regions.

To be quite honest, in my opinion, this site would do much more to sort its leaderboards out by simply banning accounts that routinely have games from multiple regions to which they do not belong, than introducing a ‘rarity’ leaderboard - especially when rarity is so obtusely calculated for dlc.

Giving fake addresses to access multiple regions is already a Sony TOS violation as far as I can tell, so simply enforcing that edict on this site (if Sony won’t do it themselves) would make a massive difference overnight - without furthering the tiresome “difficulty = rarity” error routinely made all over the site :dunno:

How do you know that all these accounts from different are fake?

"Routinely", so someone decides when using other region's accounts ends from being acceptable to being ban-worthy?

So if I am a Saints Row or Final Fantasy completionist this is not the site for me because multiple versions result in a ban?

Lets kill off a good portion of accounts so some elitist completionist splinter group can have their way. Nice bait.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Why is playing the same game from every region considered being a “completionist”?

If I want to say I’ve seen every Stanley Kubrick movie, I don’t think I need to watch every one in every dubbed language available worldwide… ?

Well, for people that have followed the Project Platinums here in PSNP and now the "Playstation Series" usually to have everything in a saga you have to had all the stacks of the same game on all the regions/platforms, yeah it's annoying but now that is a thing...

Example...

https://psnprofiles.com/series/26-saints-row

Edited by DeepEyes7

17 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

You can't prove anything, unless it's like a digital only game from Korea, or China where you need a citizens licence in order to get a PSN.

I live in Japan but am from the UK but have some Chinese games from play asia. It's very difficult to ban someone for locations.

Especially since in some regions, such as in Hong Kong, you can choose to buy the digital downloads of Japanese games right from the store using Hong Kong dollars. So Hong Kong users have access to both Chinese and Japanese games living in one region.

Stacks though I agree, if you have a game five times, the trophies should only count once. Should be more to the point why does Sony allow stacking?

Koei Tecmo and Square Enix are like that, some of their games have just one trophy list, and then suddenly there might be as many as 5 trophy stacks just for one game. And then next release is just one trophy list again.

It just seems random.

Having stacks are fine in my opinion but yeah, 2 seconds auto popping, why does that stuff even exist.

I just checked this and thought wow

https://psnprofiles.com/Hakoom?pf=ps5

Imagine getting a PS5 (since many people still can't) and over 150 of your PS5 purchase, the platinums were just shit easy stack games.

Feels like PS5 just took over from Vita stacks for some people.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

So you’re saying if I wanted to play a digital only game that was only available in the AS store for example that I would have to fly all the way to Hong Kong just I can say I lived there and “rightfully” have an AS account?……….Yeah right.

And yeah I’m all for being able to sort by actual games and just quick easy plats so everyone has a fair shot at their respective leaderboard. They can’t do it by duration though because someone could for whatever reason start an easy plat one but not go back and finish it until a month later. They would have to do it by game content hours or something like that, but that would get really messy as to how much content equates to points. Needs to be like a rarity/content volume mix or something…… I dunno haha.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

It would be easy to tell - just have the exact same dispute process as is currently there.

Proving you have / had an actual address in each region would not be difficult - a simple scan of a utility bill would be concrete evidence, and doesn’t have to be public in any way, with any sensitive info blacked out - people do that all the time in regular life :dunno:

Why is playing the same game from every region considered being a “completionist”?

If I want to say I’ve seen every Stanley Kubrick movie, I don’t think I need to watch every one in every dubbed language available worldwide… 1f602.png

Having an opinion is “bait” now?

I guess I’d be a hell of a fisherman :dunno:

Basically you are saying that a good portion of users should be banned for a trophy hunting method that is been promoted on the site for years. The top 100 worldwide would be banned according to you, people like ikemenzi that make the site what it is. Not to imagine how that would affect rarities.

Also, legitimate reason for having an AS account….I bought a physical copy of Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth (not Hacker’s Memory) here in NZ but because it’s not listed on the EU store, I wasn’t able to download the free DLC needed for platinum. 

Should a technicality such as that result in a ban from that account?

7 minutes ago, Rowbokop said:

Also, legitimate reason for having an AS account….I bought a physical copy of Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth (not Hacker’s Memory) here in NZ but because it’s not listed on the EU store, I wasn’t able to download the free DLC needed for platinum. 

Should a technicality such as that result in a ban from that account?

Yeah, same for me, my PS3 Resident Evil was Hong Kong version, which I bought at the time when I first moved to Japan since I didn't have access to the English version and had heard the Hong Kong version had both English and Japanese subtitles.

All was fine until a year later, 3 DLC came up, had no idea even what DLC was when I bought the game. I bought the DLC off the UK store and it didn't work, so had to get it refunded and make a Hong Kong account.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

à

ngl, this is a really weird take. Just no.

We need a rarity leaderboard but alas it has been years 'in the making' now.

@MMDE @Sly Ripper Any updates on this? We're not expecting this to be implemented tomorrow, but any update on whether it's still being worked on at all would be nice. I know there was disagreement on the value scale but iirc the last suggestion by MMDE was well received generally. It's been 4 years now, the community wants it.

(OG thread)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rowbokop said:

With that being said though, I don’t think there is any abuse, exploit or loopholing as such with easy platinum stacks. It seems like it’s entirely up to the developers/publishers whether they want to make a different version for each region and Sony doesn’t seem to do mind or anything about it. It’s good business for them, more platinums for us and everybody is happy. They aren’t doing anything wrong.

This is probably true. Sony doesn't seem involved in that process at all, making it very easy for these developers.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, enaysoft said:

This is certainly why rarity of trophies is more important and changes over time.

Thats why we need rarity leaderboard here people asked for some years.

Sony wont do anything but at least the owner of this site can make the things better.

How sad to see these trash games flooding with a plat and Sony approves them to do this. 

2 hours ago, xZoneHunter said:

@MMDE @Sly Ripper Any updates on this? We're not expecting this to be implemented tomorrow, but any update on whether it's still being worked on at all would be nice. I know there was disagreement on the value scale but iirc the last suggestion by MMDE was well received generally. It's been 4 years now, the community wants it.

(OG thread)

I can see a future with multiple leaderboards and multiple number ones. That's a good thing and we should embrace it. As the community gets bigger, there are different needs. The launch of the PS5 brought us a new PS5 only leaderboard and now we have a new #1, formely unknown, PS5 trophypoints leader (and most plats). I know someone who has an PS3 only account and is trying to get high in that ranking. But we need to have more besides an overall and per system. I think of it as different categories, like in speedrunning. A single popular game can easily have a dozen different ladders/leaderboards. 

Obviously there is need for a rarity leaderboard, that gives different points not based on bronze, silver, gold and plat but on rarity (common, uncommon, rare, very rare, ultra rare). You can even split that leaderboard and use PSN rarity or PSNProfiles rarity. And have simple lists for most ultra rares, most rares, etc. 

I can also see (and this might be easier to do) a "<90% rarity only" leaderboard not counting games with a plat percentage of >90%. And you can go further to a "<80% rarity only", etc.

Another idea, not sure how to work that out, could be a leaderboard for completionists. Points for most games completed? Less points for 75%, 50% and 25% completed? I don't know, but there's an audience for that too obviously.

Edited by JayVR82

2 hours ago, xZoneHunter said:

(OG thread)

It's in Sly's court. :P

17 minutes ago, MMDE said:

It's in Sly's court. :P

I guess that's a rip then

By the way, why is it like Ghost of Tsushima is this big ordeal with a potential rarity leaderboard? If a rarity leaderboard existed, just take the good with the "bad." If a plat is common, it isn't included, no matter what. You'll "lose" some real games but isn't that worth everything that would be gained for having a leaderboard that actually kind of mattered?

Edited by Deadly_Ha_Ha

What a messed up Topic, oof. >_>

Just one Question: Do u guys actually enjoying those games or liking this Numbers on a Trophy Tracking Website?

Oh and don't come with the phrase '' it's just a Platinum.''

Yeah right... Those Threads shows, who defend those type of Games and you literaly can nitpick this Users out.

No Thx for me but i don't need this just for the satification of an Virtual Image >_>

10 hours ago, OFFICER_OILDAB said:

You say these companies shouldn't exist, but why?

The articles in my first post are quite informative. 

To add to too many choices: The quality of the entire ecosystem looks bad when the bad outweighs the good 200 to 1. Sony should proportionately make games available to what their user base wants, and trophy hunters are less than 1% of the overall gamer pool. Even then, maybe half of trophy hunters even want these. 

As a GAMER, I’d like to see quality games on the store. Not infinite amounts of 1 minute experiments that look like a six-year old made them.

Think of it this way: At your favorite restaurant, do you want to see the 10 tastiest options on the planet? Or would you like to see 1 semi-decent meal, and 9 sets of drugs-mixed-in with food choices “since a tiny subset of foodies ‘love it?’ “

Regarding the gaming meltdown, I doubt another crash will happen, but Sony could potentially lose their market dominance, etc. but there’s definitely parallels here, like “rampant publishers” etc.

• Like 2