Oh Dear

Gecko-Byte

12 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

So by your estimate, less than 10% of your near 700 titles are actual games.

If you dont see what's wrong with that, I dont know what else to say. To each his own and whatnot, but at least call it what it is - you're just chasing the numbers, not actually enjoying the games. 

That is correct and I’ve never denied that I’m chasing plats, I openly admit that, but what I do say is that a lot of these games are actually fun to play as well. Obviously not this one and others like it, but there are many platformers, twin stick shooters, top down shooters, puzzle games, mini-RPGs etc that are actually fun to play. You are right, I don’t enjoy every single one of them, but it’s all part of chasing the platinums. You don’t always know what you’re going to get.

Anyways, happy gaming man. Keep enjoying what you’re doing ✌️

I just wish this site had an alternative leaderboard that I could care about because I have no interest in the main one

I considered going down the route of buying a ton of easy games earlier in the year but I quickly realised I wasn't going to get any satisfaction from just buying my way up the ranks, if others can get enjoyment from that then go nuts I guess, it's not worth caring about too much as Sony are clearly fine with how the trophy system is and aren't going to change anything so the 5 minute plats will continue to get pumped out as more devs realise how much easy money there is to be made

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, MD_91 said:

I just wish this site had an alternative leaderboard that I could care about because I have no interest in the main one

I considered going down the route of buying a ton of easy games earlier in the year but I quickly realised I wasn't going to get any satisfaction from just buying my way up the ranks, if others can get enjoyment from that then go nuts I guess, it's not worth caring about too much as Sony are clearly fine with how the trophy system is and aren't going to change anything so the 5 minute plats will continue to get pumped out as more devs realise how much easy money there is to be made

Same... I'm gonna drop to 1300 world, been in the 1200s for years. Haven't changed my habits at all but my rank has been dropping a lot now. Only way I can gain rank now is when they wipe cheaters.

• Like 1

I debated commenting here but thought hey why not.

I'm a 45 year old gamer I have all these breakthrough games as well as the rata game. Some of the rata games I really enjoy others not so much. Some of the breakthrough games I enjoy but alot not really.

I work alot and don't have alot of time to game mainly on the weekends which Is dedicated to playing bigger longer titles. That said however I do have a great job with alot of disposable income which affords me the ability to buy whatever I want which is why I have over 2.5k games on playstation. I but everything and I mean everything. I have 730 plats and do try to hunt for them however I refuse to stack unless it's a PS4 to 5 free upgrade or Vita gets a free copy as well. I have also imported games and rebought them digitally upon release in my country. 

So while alot of these games are not very good they do serve they're purpose for me when I get off work and can only play for a half hour or so and receive the trophies it's gratifying to me. What is daunting is playing something like assassin's Creed and Witcher, while I love both series I just don't currently have the time to dedicate to them like others do and I fully intend to plat them when I retire. My point is just because some people like to play these easy games from time to time doesn't make them less of a gamer, but I do agree with the the people who stack them from multiple regions are really crazy.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, syn1905 said:

I'm a 45 year old gamer I have all these breakthrough games as well as the rata game. Some of the rata games I really enjoy others not so much. Some of the breakthrough games I enjoy but alot not really.

I work alot and don't have alot of time to game mainly on the weekends which Is dedicated to playing bigger longer titles. That said however I do have a great job with alot of disposable income which affords me the ability to buy whatever I want which is why I have over 2.5k games on playstation. I but everything and I mean everything. I have 730 plats and do try to hunt for them however I refuse to stack unless it's a PS4 to 5 free upgrade or Vita gets a free copy as well. I have also imported games and rebought them digitally upon release in my country. 

So while alot of these games are not very good they do serve they're purpose for me when I get off work and can only play for a half hour or so and receive the trophies it's gratifying to me. What is daunting is playing something like assassin's Creed and Witcher, while I love both series I just don't currently have the time to dedicate to them like others do and I fully intend to plat them when I retire. My point is just because some people like to play these easy games from time to time doesn't make them less of a gamer, but I do agree with the the people who stack them from multiple regions are really crazy.

I can't agree with this fully.

A lot of stuff in the old Assassin's Creed games didn't age well, particularly the jumping mechanics and the combat in general. I don't consider something like Assassin's Creed II to be daunting, as I still think it's the easiest game in the series with a platinum. The feathers and the glyphs can be easily done by watching a guide on YouTube, the other stuff only takes a little practice.

Furthermore, you're just playing the easy shit. I can understand a few here and there, but like a lot of other people you went overboard with them. That's all you've been playing these past few months. The last game I see on your list that you earned a platinum that is actually worthwhile is Dirt 5 on the PS5. Definitely the easiest game to finish in the Dirt franchise.

I buy every game so buying these isn't stopping me from buying anything else. And I enjoyed the church and Halloween game but agree it could have all been 1 game.

6 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Hey dude, many thanks for joining our discussion. Rata games I can understand.

You say you enjoy some of the breakthrough games, please explain to us why, this is something I really want to know.

Despite the games being absolutely shit, it's the length that bothers me.

For example, if I bought Final Fantasy VII Remake and it lasted 5 minutes and cost a dollar. Even if it was the super high quality it is now, I would be angry and wouldn't say I have had fun, I mean the game is 5 minutes long.

It's not like you put a dollar into an arcade machine and had 5 minutes racing around the track until you finished the race. This is supposed to be a product you buy, and don't finish in 5 minutes.

Just because you have disposal income doesn't mean you have to play shit games. Buy one game, one good game, and then you've saved yourself a ton of money AND still had fun.

I don't have the time to play games much these days either, which is why I could be playing the same game for 3-4 months. But that's fine, because it's a good game and also I save a ton of money, not buying multiple games as I have various games already on the go.

You like many other people posting here are in denial about why you are playing them. For the easy trophies and for the level boost. yet you didn't mention either of those things in your statement. The fun for is trophy popping now, and not playing good games.

Elon Musk has more disposal income than you, and he isn't buying these games.

Also many other people I am sure have the disposable income too, it's just they choose not too. Save your money for your future, or something more useful.

10 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I can't agree with this fully.

A lot of stuff in the old Assassin's Creed games didn't age well, particularly the jumping mechanics and the combat in general. I don't consider something like Assassin's Creed II to be daunting, as I still think it's the easiest game in the series with a platinum. The feathers and the glyphs can be easily done by watching a guide on YouTube, the other stuff only takes a little practice.

Furthermore, you're just playing the easy shit. I can understand a few here and there, but like a lot of other people you went overboard with them. That's all you've been playing these past few months. The last game I see on your list that you earned a platinum that is actually worthwhile is Dirt 5 on the PS5. Definitely the easiest game to finish in the Dirt franchise.

I recently platted control on ps5 as well as ratchet and clank. Am also close to chaosbane plat but again like I said don't have much time to play so do those on weekends. And I was referring more to the new creed games and not the older ones.

38 minutes ago, syn1905 said:

I work alot and don't have alot of time to game mainly on the weekends which Is dedicated to playing bigger longer titles.

8 minutes ago, syn1905 said:

I buy every game so buying these isn't stopping me from buying anything else.

Well if you didn't buy these games, you'd have a lot more time to play Ratchet and Clank and games like it.

My next question is, are you aiming for a particular leader rank? Do you have a goal in mind?

You have a whole ton of great games like Yakuza, Baldur's Gate, Rez, Nioh. But you have either 0% or 1% trophies on them all.

You have 3000 unfinished games.... Looks like you're pretty addicted to me.

I could come over to your house, and you could lock me in a room and I could probably back your backlog, for the rest of my life, there's that many left to do.

Edited by enaysoft

2 hours ago, syn1905 said:

Dude, your age is not what's going to stop you from enjoying games. We have someone who is in like his 60s here and he platted Crypt of the Necrodancer. I'm not saying you need to get to that level but unless you're like disabled something, you're still young -- and only you and your will would thwart your own efforts. 

Also, you not "having time" is not an excuse to to just play dogshit games instead of finding something else you like doing. Gaming is not the only hobby that I have. I love reading, and sometimes, I have to make the decision if I'm going to read a book I'm invested in, or play games. That's what comes with being an adult. 

This is no longer a discussion about you platting these stupid games because it's "gratifying" to you -- it's me trying to understand how playing a bad game somehow deserves your time instead of a finding a different hobby. 

Edited by CelestialRequiem
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, enaysoft said:

Well if you didn't buy these games, you'd have a lot more time to play Ratchet and Clank and games like it.

My next question is, are you aiming for a particular leader rank? Do you have a goal in mind?

You have a whole ton of great games like Yakuza, Baldur's Gate, Rez, Nioh. But you have either 0% or 1% trophies on them all.

You have 3000 unfinished games.... Looks like you're pretty addicted to me.

I could come over to your house, and you could lock me in a room and I could probably back your backlog, for the rest of my life, there's that many left to do.

Yea I know I have alot that are at zero percent. I usually try a game for a bit when I buy it then go back to something else I was in the middle of. 

No I'm not trying for any specific rank or goal and for the most part don't try to plat alot of things I have for example demons souls or devil may cry, I'll play those and once I'm done with the story I'm done. I have taken time off work to play games like final fantasy 15 and asscreed origins both of which I platted with no intention of doing so until I realized hey I can do this. Same with for honor I had no intention of platting that it just sort of happened. I buy alot because I can and I figure why not they will be there once I retire. I do agree with the other poster that I havnt platted anything difficult in awhile, I just said that to myself this weekend when looking through my list. 

5 minutes ago, CelestialRequiem said:

Dude, your age is not what's going to stop you from enjoying games. We have someone who is in like his 60s here and he platted Crypt of the Necrodancer. I'm not saying you need to get to that level but unless you're like disabled something, you're still young. 

Also, you not "having time" is not an excuse to to just play dogshit games instead of finding something else you like doing. Gaming is not the only hobby that I have. I love reading, and sometimes, I have to make the decision if I'm going to read a book I'm invested in, or play games. That's what comes with being an adult. 

This is no longer a discussion about you platting these stupid games because it's "gratifying" to you -- it's me trying to understand how playing a bad game somehow deserves your time instead of a finding a different hobby. 

I never said my age stopped me from enjoying any game. I was simply trying to point out that I have little time between work and other hobbies and I choose to do these little games when I'm tight on time and focus on bigger titles when I can devote my attention to them. Again like I said I buy every game and while some things are shit to some they arnt to me. The new dark alliance game is considered shit by almost everyone but I love it and fully plan to plat it, it as well as chaosbane are the 2 games I'm working on atm.

10 minutes ago, syn1905 said:

I never said my age stopped me from enjoying any game. I was simply trying to point out that I have little time between work and other hobbies and I choose to do these little games when I'm tight on time and focus on bigger titles when I can devote my attention to them. Again like I said I buy every game and while some things are shit to some they arnt to me. The new dark alliance game is considered shit by almost everyone but I love it and fully plan to plat it, it as well as chaosbane are the 2 games I'm working on atm.

I'm just saying that these moments of time you claim you have, an hour is a lot of time. I can put a pretty good dent into a book I'm reading with an hour. I'm giving examples on how this little free time you have, may not be best suited for gaming. And why should it? I'd rather read something from Cormac McCarthy than play 99% of video games out there.

Just curate. Discover what games you want to play. And if you enjoy them, then that's all that matters. But there is absolutely no way you enjoyed all 700+ of those platinums -- that's kind of impossible.

EDIT: An hour is also a good amount of time for a TV show. I've sometimes gone months without playing games. Again, gaming doesn't have to be your only hobby -- and it doesn't have to force you play dogshit. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CelestialRequiem said:

I'm just saying that these moments of time you claim you have, an hour is a lot of time. I can put a pretty good dent into a book I'm reading with an hour. I'm giving examples on how this little free time you have, may not be best suited for gaming. And why should it? I'd rather read something from Cormac McCarthy than play 99% of video games. 

Just curate. Discover what games you want to play. And if you enjoy them, then that's all that matters. But there is absolutely no way you enjoyed all 700+ of those platinums -- that's kind of impossible. 

No there is some that were not fun to do at all. But like I've said I buy every game that comes out. So when I'm busy doing something or have a hour or two to do something before going out I'll do these little games. I don't like to get involved in books or movies or longer games unless I know I have alot of free time to focus on them. For example I have a 3 day weekend coming up and I will focus on one of my bigger games or watch one of the movies in my stack I havnt gotten to yet. These 30 minute games are left for hey I'm home but know I've got to be somewhere in a hour so I'll knock it out. Nothing irritates me more than playing something like the Witcher or Valhalla for a hour or for that matter reading a chapter of a book knowing I have something else planned to do when I'd love to just be able to sit and focus on a long book or game. Again no I have not enjoyed all 700 of the plats but some I really did. I like brick breaker games so those ones I genuinely enjoy and play alot after getting the plat and do the head to head versions with my better half or the kids.

Just now, syn1905 said:

No there is some that were not fun to do at all. But like I've said I buy every game that comes out. So when I'm busy doing something or have a hour or two to do something before going out I'll do these little games. I don't like to get involved in books or movies or longer games unless I know I have alot of free time to focus on them. For example I have a 3 day weekend coming up and I will focus on one of my bigger games or watch one of the movies in my stack I havnt gotten to yet. These 30 minute games are left for hey I'm home but know I've got to be somewhere in a hour so I'll knock it out. Nothing irritates me more than playing something like the Witcher or Valhalla for a hour or for that matter reading a chapter of a book knowing I have something else planned to do when I'd love to just be able to sit and focus on a long book or game. Again no I have not enjoyed all 700 of the plats but some I really did. I like brick breaker games so those ones I genuinely enjoy and play alot after getting the plat and do the head to head versions with my better half or the kids.

I'm gonna give you a little secret. 

Arcade games are very short. Out Run, for example, is like less than 6 minutes long. However, it's incredibly challenging -- so the stimulation comes from its design. Because of that, it's incredibly fun. You being nearly 20 years older than myself, you should have a general idea of what kind of arcade games to play. You're in luck -- there are many of those on PlayStation. 

I'm sorry, man, I'm just not going to buy this. You don't have to play stupid shit just because you have little time. That just isn't true. 

11 minutes ago, CelestialRequiem said:

I'm just saying that these moments of time you claim you have, an hour is a lot of time. I can put a pretty good dent into a book I'm reading with an hour. I'm giving examples on how this little free time you have, may not be best suited for gaming. And why should it? I'd rather read something from Cormac McCarthy than play 99% of video games out there.

EDIT: An hour is also a good amount of time for a TV show. I've sometimes gone months without playing games. Again, gaming doesn't have to be your only hobby -- and it doesn't have to force you play dogshit. 

I should also mention that I live in the middle of knowhere where there is no cable so I don't have tv. But I do stream shows and I'm quite behind on alot of stuff I want to watch as well. When I say I don't have alot of time let me out it into perspective. I work 6 days a week 12hrs a day. When I'm not working I have a family to attend to as well as sleep and other hobbies. My family knows that when I get into serious game mode that that is my plan ahead of time to focus on that game at that time. For example final fantasy 15 came out and I out in for vacation and sent the family to the inlaws and sat home for the week and finished that game in that time. 

2 minutes ago, syn1905 said:

I should also mention that I live in the middle of knowhere where there is no cable so I don't have tv. But I do stream shows and I'm quite behind on alot of stuff I want to watch as well. When I say I don't have alot of time let me out it into perspective. I work 6 days a week 12hrs a day. When I'm not working I have a family to attend to as well as sleep and other hobbies. My family knows that when I get into serious game mode that that is my plan ahead of time to focus on that game at that time. For example final fantasy 15 came out and I out in for vacation and sent the family to the inlaws and sat home for the week and finished that game in that time. 

I would be much happier at this point if you were just honest and said you're interested in playing something vacuous instead of something that asks something from you. 

2 minutes ago, CelestialRequiem said:

I'm gonna give you a little secret. 

Arcade games are very short. Out Run, for example, is like less than 6 minutes long. However, it's incredibly challenging -- so the stimulation comes from its design. Because of that, it's incredibly fun. You being nearly 20 years older than myself, you should have a general idea of what kind of arcade games to play. You're in luck -- there are many of those on PlayStation. 

I'm sorry, man, I'm just not going to buy this. You don't have to play stupid shit just because you have little time. That just isn't true. 

I do play games like outrun as well. I have all the arcade archives titles and will throw one of those on from time to time when I have a hour also. Many of those though I can't 100% in 5 minutes like these games. Some I have done in that amount of time. Again though I don't understand why people cans seem to get that I buy everything. I buy every Gilson B. Pontes game and yea we all know how those are. 

1 minute ago, CelestialRequiem said:

I would be much happier at this point if you were just honest and said you're interested in playing something vacuous instead of something that asks something from you. 

Well yea duh of course sometimes I am that way. Especially once I get done with something that has taken a long time to complete I'll say ok time for some stupid easy shit that doesn't make me think or stress me out. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Thrillhelm said:

Then don't stat shame people for "chasing numbers" when you judge games by trophy rarity. Literally one of 2020s best games and called unworthy in eyes of trophy hunters with a rarity fixation.

I didn't judge Ghost of Tsushima for its trophy rarity. I have no interest in the game because I don't like those kinds of games. Why are you perverting my statements? 

The same vultures in every thread of those easy games, obsessed with other people's gaming style, or pushing their elitist agenda. The more threads get derailed by them the less I am interested in supporting a rarity leaderboard. But I guess the absence of proper moderation means we will have to read the same (non-)arguments and ad hominems over and over again.

Show me the elitism. I'm wanting people to play games they like. If they actually liked these games, they would also play them elsewhere. Also, give me a break, you never supported a trophy rarity leaderboard, lmao. 

Make me eat my own words. Show me a post of yours that hasn't been edited after this one posted of you supporting that. 

But hey, it's like you said, if I wanted to go for a trophy rarity and wanted a leaderboard to reflect those efforts, who are you to tell me those efforts are fruitless? 

This thread contains a lot of gatekeeping, telling people their way of trophy hunting isn't the true way to go.

I know you're deliberately perverting my words again, but I'll spell it out for you: 

I only want people to play the games that they like. Even @syn1905 just admitted that he doesn't really do that.

5 minutes ago, syn1905 said:

Well yea duh of course sometimes I am that way. Especially once I get done with something that has taken a long time to complete I'll say ok time for some stupid easy shit that doesn't make me think or stress me out. 

I appreciate the honesty. Truly. 

• Like 3