Does it make sense to report a cheater?

kikataa

Hi, I noticed a few people cheating on Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time. The situation with them is that they have taken out the platinums of both the ps4 and ps5 versions in minutes, ie neither of the two platinums has been made legally. About a week ago I reported them, but the only result is that now these people are not in the list of the game Crash 4, but their profiles have not yet been removed. My question is why didn't they get banned? Now another such person has appeared in the game and I don't see any sense in reporting him, since there is no result.

3 minutes ago, kikataa said:

Hi, I noticed a few people cheating on Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time. The situation with them is that they have taken out the platinums of both the ps4 and ps5 versions in minutes, ie neither of the two platinums has been made legally. About a week ago I reported them, but the only result is that now these people are not in the list of the game Crash 4, but their profiles have not yet been removed. My question is why didn't they get banned? Now another such person has appeared in the game and I don't see any sense in reporting him, since there is no result.

They get removed from the leaderboards when a report is approved by a member of the CRT. They can hide up to 2 flagged games and still return to the leaderboard. Accounts are rarely banned on here, and it is usually due to severe rule breaking, or the automod detects CFW usage

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kikataa said:

they get removed from the leaderboards but why does it matter to you they are removed from the site? just focus on your account not others

3 minutes ago, PS_Bowser said:

they get removed from the leaderboards but why does it matter to you they are removed from the site? just focus on your account not others

Soooo just let the cheatars go wild with impunity. Then sites like this become meaningless if they are full of scammers.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, kikataa said:

Soooo just let the cheatars go wild with impunity. Then sites like this become meaningless if they are full of scammers.

I wouldn't say that, the 3 strike system is, I believe, in place to help someone who was given trophies (Black Ops 2) outside their control. The second and third strike also helps identify purpose and deliberation in cheating. 

Now does this sites leaderboard contain hackers who go unnoticed? Most undoubtable, but I think it does a good job in trying to weed out cheaters.

10 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

I wouldn't say that, the 3 strike system is, I believe, in place to help someone who was given trophies (Black Ops 2) outside their control. The second and third strike also helps identify purpose and deliberation in cheating. 

Now does this sites leaderboard contain hackers who go unnoticed? Most undoubtable, but I think it does a good job in trying to weed out cheaters.

there's plenty in top 50 ;)

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, kikataa said:

They doesn't appear anymore in the Leaderboards and their trophies doesn't counts towards any statistic in the site, if you wanted them to be banned completely form here (trophy profile and forum) then that's not gonna happen, I see your point but from my point of view just the point that their trophies doesn't count for anything is fair enough.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, neverConcede said:

They get removed from the leaderboards though. You can still view their profile but they aren't counted in any stats so it won't affect you in any way

Now I looked at the profiles of both cheaturs and they really don’t have rankings in their profiles. Thanks for the reply.

2 minutes ago, kikataa said:

Now I looked at the profiles of both cheaturs and they really don’t have rankings in their profiles. Thanks for the reply.

If it was their first or second offense they can go back to the LB if they hide the game (if there wasn't CFW involved) so it's possible that they could get back their rank later but surely will have Crash4 hide...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Why did you think their whole profile would be removed? It’s never been stated here that being caught with a flagged game results in anything other than leaderboard removal. 

If your expectation is that a whole profile will be removed if you report one cheated game and it’s approved by a Cheater Remover, then you’re not getting the result you want, and maybe you shouldn’t bother reporting. If you expected what the site promised, which is they’ll be removed from the leaderboards, then reporting has exactly that result. 

I didn't know that their profiles don't participate in rankings, it's really better than rubbing their profile.

3 hours ago, kikataa said:

I mean a lot of people who earn a lot of trophies randomly and rarely get plats like say resident evil and so on do cheat I mean I have no clue how people who do speedruns of the first resident evil remake were able to be beat the game in under 00,00,00 time unless the re games have the same flaw as the kingdom hearts older ones where once it clocks in over 100 hours it resets but I hardly think that they do that. but yeah I don't get why you would care about the cheaters when they do it to just basically be the top dogs and not let others have a chance. Take lost planet 2 as a good example it is now impossible because of cheaters

• 2 months later...
18 minutes ago, The-Smiths-85 said:

I've found another one. It's clear that you can't complete games in like 10-30 seconds. Where is the option to report a player, because I don't see it on the profile?

PM a mod with the proof :)

I don't always see the report button myself

Edited by Stevieboy
clean up for edited post

i got his trails of cold steel 2. doesn't look legitimate.

tried for criminal girls but doesn't have the same version.

if have the same game as the other person on profile there's a listing as "report trophy's as illegitimate and the reason".

but as the other person has mentioned a PM a mod option works too.

Edited by Lordguwa

22 minutes ago, The-Smiths-85 said:

I've found another one. It's clear that you can't complete games in like 10-30 seconds. Where is the option to report a player, because I don't see it on the profile?

15 minutes ago, Dark_Overlord said:

PM a mod with the proof :)

I don't always see the report button myself

You can't report a game if you don't have it on your own profile here. Also, don't PM a mod about CRT things, PM a CRT member instead. Mods don't have anything to do with the CRT process at all. Although, the preferred option is to report the games instead of having to send a PM.

Also, @The-Smiths-85, don't post the link, or name the member, of the profile you are talking about in the forum. We have a rule against naming and shaming people.

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 1