Hawkins Map will be permanently disabled!

Am I the only one who’s actually sad that this map is leaving? 
It was a good map, in my opinion. Creepy, atmospheric, claustrophobic… I don’t think that DbD is very scary, so it’s a shame that we’re losing one of the few maps that is actually scary… ?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

Glad they already had plans in place to change them, most devs wouldn't even care or take months to make a change.

These are the same developers that have had trophies broken for months, trophies broken on launch of a new DLC or platform (PS5), had newly released perks not work at all, had awful performance, had major bugs go untouched for years or still haven’t been fixed.

This is the first time I can think of where Behaviour has actually done something smart, I wouldn’t be surprised if when November rolls around if their newly changed trophies/achievements are bugged. 

3 hours ago, Carol said:

Am I the only one who’s actually sad that this map is leaving? 
It was a good map, in my opinion. Creepy, atmospheric, claustrophobic… I don’t think that DbD is very scary, so it’s a shame that we’re losing one of the few maps that is actually scary… 1f641.png

Personally I didn’t like the map, it had plenty of things wrong with it e.g. having a claustrophobic map makes Killer likes Hillbilly, Blight, etc completely shackled. Has tons of unsafe pallets, is annoying to find generators like other indoor maps, and was frustrating to play on.

I do think this is a major loss nonetheless as losing a Licensed map, along with the inability to purchase their related characters is huge and makes me worrysome for future and past licensed DBD contentZ

• 2 months later...
32 minutes ago, bobjoehill said:

It says on their blog post that the DLC will be 60% off on the Playstation store (and Steam and Xbox) until November 17th, but on both the Playstation store and Steam, the DLC is still listed at full price. Anyone know anything about this?

Ah I see, their blog post is a little misleading and the sale on the chapter itself ended September 1st, but the individual characters for purchase with Auric Cells are still 50% off, they just don't make it very clear.

Since this thread is active again. I would advise that people interested in this game buy the characters still even though they aren't necessary for completion.

Part of the skill bracket for the game is utilizing skill combinations and some abilities and skills these characters possess are quite strong meta wise amd can make completing games or trophies easier. Due to how strong they are. Steve and Nancy both have access to skills that are top tier for Survivors and the Demongorgon being one of the fastest moving killers thanks to his portals. (These portals can also make certain trophies like closing hatches, significantly easier as you leave portals near the most frequent spawn points of it.)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...