Priority of rooms and best gods for weapons

Montyzu

I played about 10 hours so far and managed a few clears. So I would like to share what I learned and also see what you guys think about god-weapon combos and priority of rooms to choose.

I found that Shield+Poseidon is extremely OP. Poseidon gives skills that increase damage when enemies hit wall and he can also give a damage over time for anyone that you knockback, the shield has a knockback effect on its own so it synergises pretty well.

Sword+Athena has good survivability, in my opinion sword is one of the hardest weapons since you need to be close to the enemy and knockback is only for the 3rd hit of the combo, with Athenas "shields" and reflects you can mitigate a lot of the damage that you would normally have to eat when playing with the sword.

About room priority what you guys normally go for?

I tend to go for Hammers > Nectar > Double Boon > Single Boon > Gold > HP > Poms > Currency

The last 3 can switch around depending on the situation. I think Poms are really weak specially on runs that you dont have a clear core skill that you are relying on, normally you use so many different attacks that upgrading just 1 for +1 levels doesnt look good enough. On later rooms where Poms can give +2 or +3 they start to be worth imo.

• Like 2

I find having extra dash ability and movement speed to be the top priority.  If I have that i can almost craft any build to escape.  I can't remember what it was called or were it came from but there is a boon that works wonders with the sword where your special slam attack leaps forward and you are sturdy after you land.  Number one you can now leap out of danger instead of just dashing and if someone hits you when you land you don't take damage.  It was op AF.  I made this build my first escape and hadn't came close to beating hades prior. I  Barley took any damage the entire fight.  I also had two extra dashes and a lot of damage on dash the one where you knock enemies back.  Damage is great but evasion to me is key.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TemplePilot said:

Why so high for nectar?  Do i need to focus on maxing out the relationships for all the characters?  

I dont know if they are needed for trophies (Im playing blind) but they are pretty rare so when they appear I just get them. After 20+ hours I didnt find enough to get 1 for every character.

I prioritize Hammer then then Chaos then Double boon and Hermes.  After that it depends on weapons.

If I get an early epic attack or special I will try and get a few poms to pump the damage up.  

Also there's some boons I will prioritize on certain weapons.  Zeus on the guns attack is the only real option everything else sucks on the guns attack.

Early on I prioritized keys and darkness for unlocks.  Now I prioritize Poms and Keys since you can trade 5 keys for a nectar.  

Also for anyone having issues with poms you can trade the little diamonds for keys and then keys for nectar.  With the later upgrade where you get diamonds for beating bosses you can get 4+ poms per run just from trades.

Edited by iGGTheEnd

13 hours ago, Teh_Zombz said:

For me it goes - Chaos Gates > Hammer > Double Boon > Boon > HP > Poms

My favorite build type is the  um "secret" sword(don't wanna spoil) with attack speed and doom effect or knock back + rupture 

There's a Secret Sword?! Oh man, can't wait! I've been playing Chaos Shield for past few days and it's so much fun ?

I'm finding Fishing to be really really good for finding Nectars and materials! Sometimes I get +2 Nectars from a single run!

Personally: Hammer > Double Boon > Chaos > (Hermes, Ares, Artemis, Poseidon) Single Boon > Nectar > (Other) Single Boon > HP > Dark > Gold > Poms > Building Materials

14 hours ago, Teh_Zombz said:

For me it goes - Chaos Gates > Hammer > Double Boon > Boon > HP > Poms

My favorite build type is the  um "secret" sword(don't wanna spoil) with attack speed and doom effect or knock back + rupture 

My personal favorite build is the bow with the effect that makes your special target the last enemy you hit with an attack.

Then the frozen effect on the special and the other frozen ability that consumes all freeze once it hits 10 stacks for extra damage.  But if you don't get the second ability the build sucks.  +4 arrows for special in the build from the hammer is insane and procs it on every special.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

After 80 runs, including 20+ clear streak

Hammer > Double Boon > Exclamation Mark > Chaos / Erebus Gates > Charon Shop (if over 300 coins) > Single Boon > Coins > Centaur Heart > Nectar > Darkness > Poms > Key > Gems

I also pick mini-boss rooms over non-mini-boss rooms because the reward tends to be better. The reason I pick Nectar over Poms is you get a random +1 Pom upgrade for picking Nectar after certain House Contractor upgrade, and even after you are done giving all the Nectar various characters will take, you can trade 10 Nectar for 1 Diamond in House of Hades item shop.

• Like 1

The beauty about this game is playing it all and finding out what works for you and what you like best. 

Weapon wise, the hidden aspect on the sword is my favorite. I have done my fastest clear with it and, for me, it fits my playstyle and I can wreck shop with it. 

As for what I prioritize, I definitely always go Hammer first. And when you see the grey Exclamation Mark rooms, go there as they advance the story. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Just got the platinum for the game today. I was always prioritizing nectar > darkness > keys > gems initially. Once you've unlocked all the weapons and most upgrades on the mirror, priority was hammer > chaos > nectar > NPC room > double boon > single boon > coins > shop > pom > heart > darkness > gems > keys.

I was mostly focused on reaching 100% so nectar are higher on the priority list.

On 8/17/2021 at 4:16 AM, Montyzu said:

I dont know if they are needed for trophies (Im playing blind) but they are pretty rare so when they appear I just get them. After 20+ hours I didnt find enough to get 1 for every character.

All I have to add is that building relationships IS required for some trophies if that is something you care about.