Would you want a new Wild arms game for PS5?

vanessaking2

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

That opening sequence from Wild Arms 1 is still etched into my brain. I'm hopeful that they will some day get a service together that lets me download all those PS1 gems from my heyday. I'd take a new game in this series though as well. I've only ever played the first two games, is this one any good?

16 minutes ago, iamthedotcom said:

That opening sequence from Wild Arms 1 is still etched into my brain. I'm hopeful that they will some day get a service together that lets me download all those PS1 gems from my heyday. I'd take a new game in this series though as well. I've only ever played the first two games, is this one any good?

It is good. I'd put it above Wild Arms 2 but below Wild Arms 1, although admittedly it's been a while since I played the earlier entries. Either way it's enjoyable and it hasn't aged badly at all, speaking as someone who replayed it fairly recently on PS4.

• Like 1

Just now, RNumbers said:

It is good. I'd put it above Wild Arms 2 but below Wild Arms 1, although admittedly it's been a while since I played the earlier entries. Either way it's enjoyable and it hasn't aged badly at all, speaking as someone who replayed it fairly recently on PS4.

Thanks for the super quick reply! Very few games can compete with the first one in my opinion, but I liked the second as well. So even if this one is on par with that game, then I'm sold.

I just finished Rogue Galaxy, so I'm still feeling some PS2 nostalgia. 

• Like 1

I especially want a remaster of 5, because that and alter code f in particular seem to go for over 100$ on the used game market and honestly its my favorite in the series(i personally rank them 5>2>3>1>4). Im glad i kept onto my copy i got at a lake charles la gamestop for 20$ because a lot of these ps2 era jrpgs is in dire need of a remaster or rerelease.

• 1 month later...
On 8/17/2021 at 1:40 PM, vanessaking2 said:

I would wish for it. A new Wild Arms RPG for PS5.

Infinite number of times yes.  Would be nice to have the entire series bundled together as a collection and sold for the PS5.

On another note.  I noticed that over time, my platinum trophy for this game has been increasing in rarity.  It used to be around 8%, but now it's under 7%.  Has this game experienced a surge of new users?