Collectables

AffectatiousDonk

Could someone point me in the right direction of what I need to be doing here. I understand you need a Land/Hand character to lvl56. I will have a Alchemist and Fisher at this level and assume switching over to collectables will be the best way to lvl up and knock them out at same time. I am a bit confused with what I have read online. Any help appreciated, thanks in advance

• Like 1

I highly recommend unlocking "The Firmament" in Heavensward. You can level up insanely fast there, both crafters and gatherers, Most importantly for crafters you make A LOT of collectables for the trophies.

NOTE: I'm not sure if you can still participate on the restoration of ishgard since its already done, maybe someone else can elaborate here.

• Like 1

On 18.8.2021 at 6:49 AM, AffectatiousDonk said:

Could someone point me in the right direction of what I need to be doing here. I understand you need a Land/Hand character to lvl56. I will have a Alchemist and Fisher at this level and assume switching over to collectables will be the best way to lvl up and knock them out at same time. I am a bit confused with what I have read online. Any help appreciated, thanks in advance

I´m confused here.. what collectibles are you talking about?

you mean the gathering classes and the trophies for gathering X times something?

if so, i used this site:

https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Botanist_Node_Locations

basically you will want to keep your gathering and crafting classes close to the same level. Blacksmith, Armorer and Goldsmith are most important because they can make the primary and secondary tools for the other classes. scratch that, almost every class has some advantage. 

biggest problem is your limited inventory. so by keeping all the classes levels close you will need the same materials (wood and ore).

And dont forget the class quests every 5 levels. 

• Like 1

This is what is meant with collectables: https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Collectables

The info there is a bit outdated though.

I think the firmament / Ishgard restoration hub is the best place to grind them, atleast for the crafters. I have not done enough research for myself to what the quickest (or most beneficial in game) method is to get these trophies

• Like 2

I'm not an expert in the crafting or gathering field, but to my knowledge not everything can be obtained as a collectable. Take a look at this image, all the items with that white cube next to them are items that you can gather as a collectable, and the ones without you cannot. It is the same for crafting in the crafting log.

ed6d3bdcf60.png 

I have no idea how efficient leveling with collectables are as I never did them while leveling, but at level 80(max currently) there are lots of choices and the firmament as mentioned in other comments is a great way to level fast. Whether crafting or gathering, there is no quality/collectability requirement to make progress to the achievement/trophy, you simply need to gather/craft the item. For gathering you will need to increase quality a little as it does not allow you to gather when at 0, however when crafting no quality is required and you can create the item with quality at 0 and it will count.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the info. It has given me a good place to start. Will definitely checkout the Firmament, looking forward to exploring this section of the game I have never touched.

4 hours ago, Divine_egg said:

I'm not an expert in the crafting or gathering field, but to my knowledge not everything can be obtained as a collectable. Take a look at this image, all the items with that white cube next to them are items that you can gather as a collectable, and the ones without you cannot. It is the same for crafting in the crafting log.

ed6d3bdcf60.png 

I have no idea how efficient leveling with collectables are as I never did them while leveling, but at level 80(max currently) there are lots of choices and the firmament as mentioned in other comments is a great way to level fast. Whether crafting or gathering, there is no quality/collectability requirement to make progress to the achievement/trophy, you simply need to gather/craft the item. For gathering you will need to increase quality a little as it does not allow you to gather when at 0, however when crafting no quality is required and you can create the item with quality at 0 and it will count.

Thanks for this very helpful. I don't intend to cheese these trophies as want to experience this side of the game but sort of interested in whether you could quick synthesis the crafting like you can with normal crafting or whether it is sort of one at a time things. 

I would highly recommend NOT doing collectables as a fisher unless you want to be on for the rest of your life - i switched over to miner where you have nodes which only produce collectable items (regardless of being able to turn them in) i.e. collectable but not a high enough Collectability Level to turn in.

Fisher you have other fish to contend with plus times of day etc.  theres a nice 3 node spot in Coerthas Western Highlands (31,22) good for a grind

• Like 1

17 hours ago, chriscant said:

I would highly recommend NOT doing collectables as a fisher unless you want to be on for the rest of your life - i switched over to miner where you have nodes which only produce collectable items (regardless of being able to turn them in) i.e. collectable but not a high enough Collectability Level to turn in.

Fisher you have other fish to contend with plus times of day etc.  theres a nice 3 node spot in Coerthas Western Highlands (31,22) good for a grind

Yes I was doing the maths last night and I doubt I have enough years left going the fisher route. I will do some that way though, it is such a relaxing job

On 8/26/2021 at 5:34 AM, AffectatiousDonk said:

Thanks everyone for the info. It has given me a good place to start. Will definitely checkout the Firmament, looking forward to exploring this section of the game I have never touched.

Thanks for this very helpful. I don't intend to cheese these trophies as want to experience this side of the game but sort of interested in whether you could quick synthesis the crafting like you can with normal crafting or whether it is sort of one at a time things. 

No you cannot quick synthesis collectables, however if you are doing a craft with a level a lot lower than your crafting level then you can press 1 button every time. I am level 80 on all crafters so I just press synthesize then ''Muscle memory'' on the level 61-70 crafts that I've been doing, it completes it from 0-100 so just 2 buttons for each craft isn't bad at all I'd say. The worst part about the crafting collectables is having to discard them from your inventory one by one

Sorry for slow reply

Edited by Divine_egg
  • Like 1

On 9/3/2021 at 0:45 AM, Divine_egg said:

No you cannot quick synthesis collectables, however if you are doing a craft with a level a lot lower than your crafting level then you can press 1 button every time. I am level 80 on all crafters so I just press synthesize then ''Muscle memory'' on the level 61-70 crafts that I've been doing, it completes it from 0-100 so just 2 buttons for each craft isn't bad at all I'd say. The worst part about the crafting collectables is having to discard them from your inventory one by one

Sorry for slow reply

Thankyou for this, very helpful. 

• 1 month later...

What items would be best to AFK on for collectibles? (In other words, what would be the lowest level collectible craft?) I have a Carpenter at Level 70 due to Leves and plan to do Crystalline Mean quests to get it to Level 80, so what would work best for cheap and fast crafting for collectibles? I haven't even touched the collectible trophies due to being unable to figure it out myself. :( 

On 10/10/2021 at 5:59 PM, winter_bird_22 said:

What items would be best to AFK on for collectibles? (In other words, what would be the lowest level collectible craft?) I have a Carpenter at Level 70 due to Leves and plan to do Crystalline Mean quests to get it to Level 80, so what would work best for cheap and fast crafting for collectibles? I haven't even touched the collectible trophies due to being unable to figure it out myself. :( 

Try to unlock either a Heavensward or Stormblood ''Custom delivery'', it has been a long time since I unlocked them so I don't remember how to do it but as far as I know doing those is the cheapest and easiest way as you can just buy the supplies from a vendor at an unlimited rate. It cost me approximately 1 million gil to do about 4000 crafted collectibles doing ones bought from Stormblood custom deliveries. The heavensward ones are lvl60 so those are probably doable right now with you at lvl70 and the lowest for these custom deliveries. Just make sure using ''Muscle memory'' will finish a craft in one go and it's pretty fast.