[NA] PlayStation Indies Sale | Ends 9/2

Neocarleen

10 hours ago, visighost said:

Haha - kind of in the same boat. I'll take my time back at the end of the day, but building that list of games I need to look into has been... immersive. Many games in there that haven't been on sale in years and years.

Standing out at the moment:

Hide contents

Death Crown

Eastshade

Electronic Super Joy 2

Faeria

Freedom Finger

Journey of the Broken Circle

Koloro

Moose Life

Nongunz

Rainbows, Toilets and Unicorns

Road to Guangdong

Sense - A Cyberpunk Ghost Story

Sinner: Sacrifice for Redemption

Sunless Sea

The Church in the Darkness

The Deer God

The Turing Test

Travis Strikes Again

Undermine

Warhammer Quest 2

When the Past was Around

(It's a terrible sign that I already feel the need to put just the games I'm certain to get in a spoiler due to length, and that they're about 10% if that of the games I need to look into... because yeah, my backlog sure needs it. At least I'm not future proofing and staying away from all PS5 games!)

Just cut the list down to Freedom Finger and you'll be fine : )

Wowza! This looks like one of the best sales in ages. Heaps of cheap games!

A few that have made my list of possible purchases so far:

Bayonetta

Cat Quest 2

Celeste

Cuphead

Death’s Gambit

Resident Evil 5

Jotun

Owlboy

Trackmania Turbo

I feel like these are all pretty well known games though. I haven’t heard of like 80% of these titles and won’t have time to comb through every single game on this list, so if anyone wants to recommend some of the more obscure games in this sale, hit me up! I’m always looking for hidden gems, fun platinums, and new genres to give a try and I’m all ears. I would love to try something new.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, visighost said:

Trying really hard not to go overboard (and failing), I would recommend:

Bad North (art, atmosphere), Banner Saga (everything), Blackwood Crossing (story, feeeeels), Butcher (action), Cardpocalypse (everything), Crawl (couch party), Creaks (design), Creature in the Well (design, gameplay), Crossing Souls (story), Dark Devotion (everything), Dead End Job (gameplay), Degrees of Separation (puzzles), Door Kickers (action), Drive Drive Drive (madness), Earth Atlantis (design), Earthnight (design), FAR: Lone Sails (everything), Figment (puzzles), Flat Heroes (design), Four Sided Fantasy (puzzles), Glass Masquerade 2 (literally puzzles), God's Trigger (gameplay), Going Under (everything), Guacamelee (everything), Hand of Fate (everything), Hohokum (design, music), Hyper Light Drifter (everything), Iconoclasts (everything), Just Shapes and Beats (music), Kamiko (gameplay), Knights and Bikes (everything), Lichtspeer (music), Masters of Anima (gameplay), Melbits World (couch party), Mosaic (art), Musynx (music), No Thing (design), Observation (everything), Ovivo (design), Pinstripe (design), Please, Don't Touch Anything (humor), Ponpu (design), Projection (design), Puss! (everything), Salt and Sanctuary (everything), Screencheat (couch party), Sea of Solitude (story), Snakeybus (craziness), Songbird Symphony (design), Steamworld Heist (everything), Stories Untold (story), Sundered (everything), Super Skelemania (gameplay), Tacoma (story), Taiko no Tatsujin (music), The Adventure Pals (design), The King's Bird (design), The Mooseman (music), The Suicide of Rachel Foster (story), Timespinner (everything), Towaga (gameplay), Yaga (everything), Yoku's Island Express (everything)

Apologies if those are not actually obscure (depends who's asking, I suppose) and for the number (I actually held back!), but I truly enjoyed them all! Let me know if you want more details - the information for some is pretty sparse online.

Shit man that’s basically the same length as the original list. I guess I got some research to do this week. ?

I appreciate the suggestions though man, thank you. Out of that entire list I’ve only played 5 or so of those games so I’ll be reading up on these and checking out some gameplay vids and try to narrow down a list for myself. Because so many of these games are on sale for just a few bucks each, I’m hoping to grab as many of them as possible.

If anyone else wants to add some suggestions or point out the ones that rarely go on sale let me know. Thanks guys.

2 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

Shit man that’s basically the same length as the original list. I guess I got some research to do this week. 1f602.png

I appreciate the suggestions though man, thank you. Out of that entire list I’ve only played 5 or so of those games so I’ll be reading up on these and checking out some gameplay vids and try to narrow down a list for myself. Because so many of these games are on sale for just a few bucks each, I’m hoping to grab as many of them as possible.

If anyone else wants to add some suggestions or point out the ones that rarely go on sale let me know. Thanks guys.

Haha, well, I tried to add some keywords to help... Different people look for different things! I just look for... fun?

You can plug the games in psprices to know which rarely go on sale - I hide the games I have so I'm a bit out of the loop as to whether they come back or not, but frequency of sales does help guide my impulses, especially when there's a slope towards cheaper and cheaper prices...

7 minutes ago, visighost said:

Haha, well, I tried to add some keywords to help... Different people look for different things! I just look for... fun?

You can plug the games in psprices to know which rarely go on sale - I hide the games I have so I'm a bit out of the loop as to whether they come back or not, but frequency of sales does help guide my impulses, especially when there's a slope towards cheaper and cheaper prices...

Well I appreciate the time you took to write that up and add the descriptors to each one, because it will certainly help me prioritize which ones look the most interesting and give me a starting point for my research.

My #1 priority is fun as well. ? I will try just about anything if it looks fun and like it has a good trophy list! I know there are heaps of fun games out there that I haven’t discovered yet, and a lot of genres I haven’t yet explored either, so it really helps to have a guiding hand from those ppl like yourself who have more experience with indies.

Thanks again! I might hit up your inbox later if I have any questions.

Edited by dieselmanchild
  • Like 1

I'm thinking about the following. All puzzle games, weirdly. Gonna cross-compare to Steam only because my budget is tight, but man these all look fun. 

LEISURE SUIT LARRY - WET DREAMS DON'T DRY
THE SEXY BRUTALE
FRIDAY THE 13TH: KILLER PUZZLE
MINESWEEPER GENIUS
PLEASE, DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING

7 hours ago, ZZ383 said:

I'm thinking about the following. All puzzle games, weirdly. Gonna cross-compare to Steam only because my budget is tight, but man these all look fun. 

LEISURE SUIT LARRY - WET DREAMS DON'T DRY
THE SEXY BRUTALE
FRIDAY THE 13TH: KILLER PUZZLE
MINESWEEPER GENIUS
PLEASE, DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING

Can't speak for them all, but Killer Puzzle is a blast.

I love indie games with all my fat elephant heart, whether easy or difficult. My wallet explodes every sale like that.

I have a huge library of indie games and have been researching different ones, checking their difficulty and trophies lists. I've already listed at least 50 games of my interest and I should purchase most of them LOL.

It's surprising the amount of "broken" games on sale though. I mean with glitched trophies, which prevents platinum or 100%.

I recognize that not everything in life is about trophies and that there are games that are worth it even without all the achievements attainable (or none at all). I recently purchased some used ps3 games myself whose servers have been shut down, but which are still worth it.

My main question concerns the quality of the NEW final product I am buying. Would I buy my child a toy car without one or two wheels? A drone without propellers? As a rule I would say no. How is it possible that Sony keeps these games in its store?

I see the PS Store as a supermarket with lots of products from different manufacturers for sale. Wouldn't it be the merchant's responsibility not to offer these broken products to the final consumer, requiring that they be minimally fixed so that they return to the shelves one day? Cyberpunk is a recent example of this.

It's frustrating as hell to know that, despite their potential and interesting looks, most of the games on this list below will never be fixed and will be broken forever.

Antigraviator
Bit Dungeon Plus
Boris The Rocket
Circuit Breakers
Conarium
Cube Raiders
Dungeon Rushers
Grave Danger
Headsnatchers
Incredible Mandy
Legrand Legacy: Tale Of The Fatebounds
Lost Castle
Neversong
Omen Of Sorrow
Protocol
Puss!
Seeds Of Resilience
Shadows Of Adam
Space Ribbon
The Long Journey Home

Legrand Legacy: Tale Of The Fatebounds
The Padre
Think Of The Children
Tribal Pass
Tyd Wag Vir Niemand
Unit 4
Verlet Swing

These games are just the ones I could see among those who are at least 50% off. Surely there are so many others :(

How do you see this issue of "broken-new" games? I confess that I get a bit divided. I heard that Neversong is a great game, for example, but that it will probably never get fixed. Would you buy it anyway?

Edited by CHBESEN
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, CHBESEN said:

How do you see this issue of "broken-new" games? I confess that I get a bit divided. I heard that Neversong is a great game, for example, but that it will probably never get fixed. Would you buy it anyway?

If I had nothing left to play from my massive backlog then maybe I would pick it up, but there are so many non-broken games out there. My profile is already a lost cause so a few more unobtainable trophies isn't a huge deal as long as I can play the game to completion at least.

On 2021-08-20 at 4:18 PM, CHBESEN said:How do you see this issue of "broken-new" games? I confess that I get a bit divided. I heard that Neversong is a great game, for example, but that it will probably never get fixed. Would you buy it anyway?

I think a few of the games on your list might suffer from low player counts / high difficulty rather than broken trophies (thinking of Puss! and Circuit Breakers, for example), but some are indeed demonstrably glitched.

In a way, I feel for the devs of unpopular indie games, who don’t necessarily have the means or incentive to fix broken trophies (which, let’s face it, 95% of players don’t care about). It’s a lot of time and money for not a lot of returns - Unit 4 is not going to start shifting thousands of copies overnight because of trophies only (unless the devs change their business model to the proselytizing Breakthrough guy, I suppose).

At the end of the day, I think Sony, as the ones who are requiring trophies be implemented, should also be the ones doing QA on trophies… At this, with stackable 2-minute platinums, they couldn’t care less.

To your question, though, I’d say it depends. It makes me think twice about purchasing games I’m on the fence about, but not when it comes to those that look especially good. For example, I did get Puss! and Neversong, and had/have fun with both. I guess once you have one unattainable 100% in your list, it doesn’t really matter if you have a dozen more. As long as the game is playable to the end…

(Oh and if you like Neversong’s looks, I’d recommend Pinstripe from the same developers, which is similar and attainable!)

• Like 2

On 8/20/2021 at 0:29 AM, dieselmanchild said:

Max: The Curse of Brotherhood is on sale for the first time on NA PlayStation Store. :awesome:

• Like 2