So this game basically confirms the PS5 trophy cap has been removed/increased on PS5.

Potent_Delusions

Just now, dieselmanchild said:

1000 trophy limit? That’s crazy! And a little bit scary for my wallet cuz I can just envision every developer releasing a dozen DLCs per game now lol.

I doubt that the trophy limit on PS3/PS4/PSV was what stopped developers to release more and more dlc...

They just add a new trophylist, like Dead by Daylight

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

I doubt that the trophy limit on PS3/PS4/PSV was what stopped developers to release more and more dlc...

They just add a new trophylist, like Dead by Daylight

I only found out about Dead By Daylight recently as I’ve never played it, but I think that’s a pretty interesting case. It makes me curious why so there are so few games that have tried to do this or have gone near that 100+ trophy list. I wish we knew more about Sony’s process and criteria for trophy lists but as far as I know they don’t talk about it so this kinda stuff just seems completely random.

At least with stuff like ghost of tsushima, minecraft and killing floor 2 you aren't paying 10-30$ for each dlc that has trophies so those are more of a minor annoyance then anything(ghost has iki ialand, but even that is only just one paid expansion compared to like 2 others that are free updates). You can literally buy a ps5 at scalper prices with the money it takes to 100% this game.

• Like 1

This better not be a fucking repeat of Steam's piss poor quality control, allowing thousands upon thousands of meaningless achievements for ONE GAME and having achievements that no sane person would ever aim for.

The gap between Steam Achievements and the trophy system is closing in.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

How soon until we get HD re-releases of all the trophy games with 1000 achievements each?

The 1000 trophy limit is only applicable to dlc add-ons.
The base game limits for platinum are still in the 1100-1280 points range.

So unless the developers were willing to put in the work to split those HD re-releases into a base list, and like 200 dlc add-on lists, I think you’re safe…

Edited by DrBloodmoney

3 hours ago, HondaHoe said:

what's the limit for the number of dlc packs?

Would seem to be 50. But I would assume Sony can increase the limits as they see fit. These limits were accurate as recent as 2.00 firmware, but I doubt there's been any changes since then. 

4 hours ago, Potent_Delusions said:

Thanks for the link. That's a crazy amount, I wonder if any developer would even bother adding that many? I doubt it to be honest. 

Hard to say, considering even Xbox only ever got up to 700 achievements, and that was for the Halo collection. And we can't use Steam as a template, since people constantly release 10k+ achievement games for the luls. If I had to guess, it'd be something like Dead by Daylight, Elder Scrolls, or Minecraft. I figure, a 1000 trophy limit is enough upper limit, that no dev will ever intentionally hit it, though I'm sure there will eventually be that one indie that tries to publish such a set. If that were the case, then surely the 1000 trophies can't be all base game trophies, and must include DLC?

29 minutes ago, D-E-U-S-X said:

Mark my words - games like Slyde will be released some day with 1000 trophies that insta pop in seconds!

Can you imagine 1k trophies autopopping? It'd take like 10-15 minutes to finish lol 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, yowzagabowza said:

I would guess either Ratalaika or those dumb Sunday drop games will push the envelope and do a shit ton of dlc packs for a game that all cost a dollar but add nothing at all to the game.

Each DLC being each level, maybe that way getting 100% would actually require beating the game, lol

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Potent_Delusions said:

200 trophies in one list. The most on PS4 wasn't even 140. This game, unsurprisingly, has the most trophy points of any game on PSN. 

Driveclub had 128 trophies... but that game was "special". It actually had part of its DLC trophies in a SECOND list related to its main expansion, Bikes. And since Bikes was literally a separate mode INSIDE the main game... it had 179 trophies across two lists and TWO PLATINUMS.

Edited by Lance_87