It's about time: A fix for the leaderboard that doesn't involve rarity

1 minute ago, DaivRules said:

If your argument is just “a game is trash when my opinion is it’s trash”, then that’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it. Its not worth saying because it gives no explanation as to what in your opinion makes it trash, but at least that falls squarely in the opinion category. 

If your argument is “a game is trash when a certain number of people say it’s trash”, that’s no longer an opinion. That’s a statistic that needs a citation. 

An opinion and a claim are not synonymous. 

If a game is trash on my opinion,it is irrelevant for others , cuz is subjective

If a game is trash for 80% of the players ( fiction number used as an example )

It doesn't mean that others will not like ,but normally the chances that others don't like are high

That's what i meant....is it wrong to think this way?

If is can u point why?

For example i don't know much about the avengers game,but the majority of the people said only bad things about it, honestly personally i didn't found one that said that the game is good,and the plat looks even worse by some boring grind ....the chance of the gane being trash in my point of view is 100%?

No,but based on what i saw (the majority of only bad reviews of everyone) i highly believe that i will not like,but only playing to know that's my point,now u get it?

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

When you just make up statistics, your whole argument goes in the trash. 

The main problem of this useless static talk 

Is that u saw the 80% as an actual  and real static number that i pulled out of my ass ?(no offense)

But the 80% was an example,to point when the majority of the players dislikes a game.....

5 minutes ago, AmazingNoeder said:

But the 80% was an example,to point when the majority of the players dislikes a game.....

You can’t claim “the majority of the players dislike a game” because you have no source. That’s a claim, not an opinion. It’s not an example until it’s an actual example, with a source. And if you can’t back up claims, your argument fails. 

My point is don’t try to point to things you can’t back up and just make up to make your argument. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

You can’t claim “the majority of the players dislike a game” because you have no source. That’s a claim, not an opinion. It’s not an example until it’s an actual example, with a source. And if you can’t back up claims, your argument fails. 

My point is don’t try to point to things you can’t back up and just make up to make your argument. 

Holly shit now you need evidence to give an example?

That's the point of an example u don't need to have data or source ....

I don't need any data to know that 90% of the population of Venezuela is poor.....

I don't need any number of statics to know the brazil's education is a total trash....

But i m 100% shure that no one needs data to make a fictional example 

And yes regardless of the actual number avengers game floped and the majority of the people disliked and i don't need any "data" to know this....just the low information i already have seeing what's everyone said about the game

7 minutes ago, AmazingNoeder said:

I don't need any data to know that 90% of the population of Venezuela is poor.....

I don't need any number of statics to know the brazil's education is a total trash....

But i m 100% shure that no one needs data to make a fictional example 

And yes regardless of the actual number avengers game floped and the majority of the people disliked and i don't need any "data" to know this....just the low information i already have seeing what's everyone said about the game

holy shit is this guy for real? lmaoooooooo

• Like 1

1 minute ago, totakos1 said:

@AmazingNoeder Avengers is a good game, very enjoyable! platinum is grindy yes and repetitive but in a game although I understand “ we are in trophy hunting site “ trophies with how good is the game shouldn’t go together! A lot of people judged it for that! So here I am the first one! 1f44d.png

Yes the first one,now just more 78 guys maybe and the overall information about this game will not be the "majority" for me

And if the game is good but the plat is super repetitive and boring as i m a trophy hunter is a bad thing to

5 minutes ago, HondaHoe said:

holy shit is this guy for real? lmaoooooooo

Saying that an example don't need to have actual data and source to be used?

No ,i m just joking 

21 minutes ago, AmazingNoeder said:

I guess not. For example: 96% of people who have Noeder anywhere in their profile name are pedophiles and if there if they have a video game character as their avatar, then there is a 99% chance they’re also a murderer. Good thing I don’t have to cite any sources. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AmazingNoeder said:

No,i mean trash like a lot of people started thinking that is going to be one thing and is totally different and is extremely bad and don't finish

Playing a 30 min trash game is one thing playing 70 hours is another

Silent hill on vita is completely trash if u are going to play thinking that is a silent hill, that's the main point why its rare and have some UR cuz the game is easy to plat,and is not that bad if u forget that have silent hill on his name.. 

Silent Hill Book of Memories is not trash. I think it's a very fun and unique gungeon crawler with diablo aspects. Just because it's not like the other silent hill games doesn't automatically make it bad.

This is where easy and low quality games become subjective. Some people genuinely like visual novels like steins;gate or the ecchi ones like Sakura succubus but other will call those low effort trash plats because others will skip all dialogue and get the plat in a few minutes. 

2 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I guess not. For example: 96% of people who have Noeder anywhere in their profile name are pedophiles and if there if they have a video game character as their avatar, then there is a 99% chance they’re also a murderer. Good thing I don’t have to cite any sources. 

Damm calling someone u don't even know a pedophile without any source is wrong....or wait is an example used to insult someone that disagree with you right?

So doesn't mean shit 

Funny that u said the "word" pedophile....cuz there's is someone who literally tell a joke that a dad of a 2 year old should abuse his child....and on this case i have the source i have the print and i know the dad of the history and the guy who made the joke and everyone that saw this shit that day,....the same guy keep saying lies of me and have 97 on his name.... want the source? On this one i can give 

3 minutes ago, FrostyMcNugs said:

Silent Hill Book of Memories is not trash. I think it's a very fun and unique gungeon crawler with diablo aspects. Just because it's not like the other silent hill games doesn't automatically make it bad.

This is where easy and low quality games become subjective. Some people genuinely like visual novels like steins;gate or the ecchi ones like Sakura succubus but other will call those low effort trash plats because others will skip all dialogue and get the plat in a few minutes. 

I liked the silent hill vita game

But everyone who bought without knowing anything and expected to be a silent hill i highly believe that got desapointed 

Yeah i know that have people who enjoy novels by reading then,i read the first history of amnesia memories shin route and i liked and was good to make me learn English ,to problem is that shit looks like that will never end haha

And yes i got the indirect part u said to me

And believe or not skipping novels in the speed of light to earn trophy is pretty good to distract yourself when do some boring research work or any other thing,if wasn't good i wouldn't waste 6 hours in only one novel to get a plat ,i would do any EZ plat that is faster only to raise the number of my plats..

1 minute ago, FilmFanatic said:

From a leaderboard suggestion to talking about pedophiles. Wow.

The best part is that a moderator who should delete comments not related to the subject of the thread started this....cuz he can't handle a guy that he dislikes saying anything without trying to attack him,and he needs to get on the desperate part to associate the name of the guy he dislike with pedophilia

In a fictional"example" 

jesus @AmazingNoederand @DaivRules could you guys each crack a beer and go on a discord date or something?...in the meantime, I'll ask a mod to come clean this thread up...

I know, I know, hypocrisy 101...at least I only derailed the thread like %1...you guys are at over %10...although I'm sure over %98 of us find it very entertaining...

source: 1/107 posts vs your combined 12/107 and counting...98% was my personal example based on most people on the internet liking this type of arguing...

disclaimer: this is a %0 serious.post...you're both highly intelligent imo...I just hope you guys will step back and see there is humor to be found in this kind of stubbornness and that you're both likely "winning" this one from your perspective...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ProfBambam55 said:

jesus @AmazingNoederand @DaivRules could you guys each crack a beer and go on a discord date or something?...in the meantime, I'll ask a mod to come clean this thread up...

I know, I know, hypocrisy 101...at least I only derailed the thread like %1...you guys are at over %10...although I'm sure over %98 of us find it very entertaining...

source: 1/107 posts vs your combined 12/107 and counting...98% was my personal example based on most people on the internet liking this type of arguing...

disclaimer: this is a %0 serious.post...you're both highly intelligent imo...I just hope you guys will step back and see there is humor to be found in this kind of stubbornness and that you're both likely "winning" this one from your perspective...

Nah this shit is hilarious and pretty entertaining 

The level that a mod needed to get Only cuz he didn't have enough argument is priceless

I don't really pay attention to the leaderboards but plat rarity doesn't always mean skill. Most of them are rare just because of grind-like trophies. It just means for X amount of owners Y amount of plats have been achieved. Games that a lot of people have like GoW/Uncharted/Horizon/AC take time and effort to beat, but most of their plats are "rare" or "uncomon". If the rarity option is just a mean to fight those 30min plats i don't think it's the way to go.

Wanna ear a funny thing?

Idk what's more pointless and will not change anything....the example discussion or the dream that this site will get a rarity leaderboard one day 

Just now, SiLvA31G said:

I don't really pay attention to the leaderboards but plat rarity doesn't always mean skill. Most of them are rare just because of grind-like trophies. It just means for X amount of owners Y amount of plats have been achieved. Games that a lot of people have like GoW/Uncharted/Horizon/AC take time and effort to beat, but most of their plats are "rare" or "uncomon". If the rarity option is just a mean to fight those 30min plats i don't think it's the way to go.

I prefer a leaderboard by grind, effort and skill than who have the most money to burn with EZ plats and for people to pay for them.....

11 minutes ago, AmazingNoeder said:

Wanna ear a funny thing?

Idk what's more pointless and will not change anything....the example discussion or the dream that this site will get a rarity leaderboard one day 

I prefer a leaderboard by grind, effort and skill than who have the most money to burn with EZ plats and for people to pay for them.....

Well, saying that stuff in the forums and having 13 second plats, 13 minute plats, etc (there are more than those 2 i just saw) on your profile doesn't really make sense.

That's the only "funny" thing I saw here ; )

Edited by SiLvA31G
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SiLvA31G said:

Well, saying that stuff in the forums and having 13 second plats, 13 minute plats, etc (there are more than those 2 i just saw) on your profile doesn't really make sense.

That's the only "funny" thing I saw here ; )

Well having 700 more ultra rare trophies than the guy who said i have a lot of EZ plats is hilarious too

For Example (with source this time as daivrules teach me)

On the trophy Leaders rarity leaderboard the guy who have the ez plats is 22.200 positions above you.... that's why would be nice to have a rarity leaderboard here

Edited by AmazingNoeder

Just now, AmazingNoeder said:

Well having 700 more ultra rare trophies than the guy who said i have a lot of EZ plats is hilarious too

Would be if i hadn't stated that I dont care about leaderboards. At least i'm not a hypocrite ? I play for fun, just look at my profile ; )

Go measure your trophies with someone who'll value that ??

3 minutes ago, SiLvA31G said:

Would be if i hadn't stated that I dont care about leaderboards. At least i'm not a hypocrite 1f602.png I play for fun, just look at my profile ; )

Go measure your trophies with someone who'll value that 1f602.png1f602.png

Don't need to value or care

Just don't point that someone who have way more rare and hard trophies than u only play ez plats 

How many ratalaikas should plat to erase every hard game i have.... that's a good question

Probably super fan to see a guide to get the day of the tentacle plat....or even mega fun to play connan exiles with cheats to plat in a few hours ....

I only play for fun but have some plats that only were earned by the meaning to get the trophies not fun....

And came talking about "hypocrite" shit

Edited by AmazingNoeder

27 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

That's that Scott Steiner math lol

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, AmazingNoeder said:

Don't need to value or care

Just don't point that someone who have way more rare and hard trophies than u only play ez plats 

How many ratalaikas should plat to erase every hard game i have.... that's a good question

Probably super fan to see a guide to get the day of the tentacle plat....or even mega fun to play connan exiles with cheats to plat in a few hours ....

I only play for fun but have some plats that only were earned by the meaning to get the trophies not fun....

And came talking about "hypocrite" shit

Learn the definition of a hypocrit. I didn't say a thing i wouldnt do. I did not complain about the state of the leaderboard. I did not say i didnt have easy plats. I couldn't care less if you are 10 spots or 100000 spots ahead of me in the leaderboards. Unlike you who said he hates those people (ones with easy plats) but is in fact, one of them. Also having hard plats doesn't disqualify you from having said something but done the contrary. I'm sorry that you're just answering people out of anger. You say you dont need value or care, but you just keep replying to everyone in this post. I wasn't trying to attack you, just mind that when you post something in the forums, you should back it up with your profile. My opinion isn't a lesser one because i have minus 5 or 500000 ultra mega rare trophies. This is my last post, you can have the cookie jar after this.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SiLvA31G said:

Learn the definition of a hypocrit. I didn't say a thing i wouldnt do. I did not complain about the state of the leaderboard. I did not say i didnt have easy plats. I couldn't care less if you are 10 spots or 100000 spots ahead of me in the leaderboards. Unlike you who said he hates those people (ones with easy plats) but is in fact, one of them. Also having hard plats doesn't disqualify you from having said something but done the contrary. I'm sorry that you're just answering people out of anger. You say you dont need value or care, but you just keep replying to everyone in this post. I wasn't trying to attack you, just mind that when you post something in the forums, you should back it up with your profile. My opinion isn't a lesser one because i have minus 5 or 500000 ultra mega rare trophies. This is my last post, you can have the cookie jar after this.

???????

That's a difference between 

"I hate the existence of Ez plats "

" I have EZ plats and they mean nothing to me"

Then having them on your profile, there's a lot of EZ plats like I m the hero wich is way greater than lots of triple A games

Your hypocrite part that i already mentioned is 

" I only play for fun"

But have clearly games that only played for trophies .....