Trophy Thoughts

Smash41

2 minutes ago, BloodyRutz said:

What's up with the trophy list image? Lazy.

Literally. I know it's not a huge deal, but the laziness annoys me. Ghost of Tsushima has beautiful box art, why couldn't they have used that instead? Was never a huge fan of the PS4 trophy list image anyway. 

On an unrelated subject, 'Director's Cut' is a trend I hope dies fast. It seems pretentious, and the meaning isn't positive. Unless I'm mistaken, means the copy of the film the director intended/wanted to originally release, but was forced to release an edited version due to production company/financial pressure. Don't think accidentally implying that your first party developers couldn't release the game they wanted to is a great idea.

At least the trophy for the new Rivals mode seem very straight-forward. I hate MP trophies because i don't wanna do boosting, and at least these ones seem fairly simple. The Iki Islands trophies are gonna take dozens of hours probably but that's fine as long as they don't ask stuff like "win 10 MP games in a row" / "Finish in the top 10 worldwide" / "Connect for 100 days in a row" and other bs nobody does legit.  

• Like 3

I'm an OCD completionist typically, but I'm trying to be less particular with PlayStation moving forward as at least you always keep your Platinum unlike my native Xbox, where the % is your own record of completionism. In particular, unless I love the game, I probably won't try to keep up with all the NG+ patches this generation (although I will when Ratchet & Clank inevitably do it, I loved that game). 

I don't have the skill-set to do Legends, nor the social battery to boost with my anxiety, but I will probably get back into this if there is auto-pop for the base list (which there almost certainly will be) as I want to try Iki's Island, and to just play this on PS5. 

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 2

The Butcher Redeemed under Iki Island Story has me intrigued because its description sounds like a huge story spoiler but it's not being hidden like the main game and the other Iki Island story trophies. If I'm reading it right, it sounds like 

Spoiler

Jin is going to team up with the Mongols.

Edited by SnakeSound222

2 hours ago, Smash41 said:

Can't wait to jump back into this later today. Think I will go straight into the DLC, trophies looks easy enough.

Shame they added new Legends Mode trophies though :-(

So, I'm confused. I will have to pay $50 to get both the DLC for the PS4 version, as well as the PS5 upgrade? I've the regular PS4 disc. 

Edit: Also note, the trophies autopop! So this will be an instant plat for me :D Too bad I've still Legends left.

15 hours ago, DharmaDan- said:

So I guess the best way to 100% both PS4 & PS5 is to play all the new content on PS4 then transfer save to PS5? I can't see progress from PS5 transferring to PS4?

I'm wondering the same thing. I would really like it to be backwards so I can start right out of the gate with the PS5 version