PS5 Trophy List Tile Art Lazy and Disappointing

PhantomFear94

10 minutes ago, JackisJack_ said:

They definitely just should've kept the horizontal title art. The way they decided to do it with PS5 has truly divided the consoles from a trophy perspective for some bizarre reason. You can't even view your PS5 trophies on the other consoles like you could with PS3, Vita, & PS4. It's kinda sad IMO. I loved having them in uniformity.

On Xbox They've also matched Xbox 360 achievement list art to the Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S template by putting the Xbox 360 branding as the spine. Makes it look nice and uniform. I always preferred the uniqueness of trophy list art, but as you say, the lack of uniformity sucks and was my main complaint of the new UI as a trophy hunter. 

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 4

Just now, PhantomFear94 said:

On Xbox it's ironically the reverse. On Xbox 360 you can't see Xbox One games onwards, but on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S you can see everything. 

Is that not the same as Playstation then? :hmm:

I'm fairly sure I can see all trophies on my PS5, PS5 ones, and "Backwards" (PS3/PS4/Vita) ,but can't see "forward" on my PS4 or Vita (yet) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Is that not the same as Playstation then? :hmm:

I'm fairly sure I can see all trophies on my PS5, PS5 ones, and "Backwards" (PS3/PS4/Vita) ,but can't see "forward" on my PS4 or Vita (yet) 

I'm too tired my friend ? You're right for Xbox 360, Im just being dim - for Xbox One you can see "forward" with Xbox Series X|S, which you can't for PS4 > PS5. So I'm half correct, I guess haha. 

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Moomba said:

It's ridiculously stupid. How hard is it to fit the graphic into the square like you're supposed to. 

I know. My initial reaction when Sony moved to square tiles for PS5 was 'they're going to use standard box art', much like Xbox do (they occasionally have different tiles - sometimes seasonal, for games like Apex and Rocket League - but its usually the box art). That's clearly not the case, so I'm not sure why they made the change.

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, chalky83 said:

Very surprised to see it from a Sony studio. You’d think they’d put the effort in to make it fit with the new UI. Other than Madden I don’t remember seeing any other PS5 game do this. 

CRSED is the only one I think.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/12024-crsed

Could it be an error they fix?

Edited by EternalWarriorVI

3 minutes ago, EternalWarriorVI said:

CRSED is the only one I think.

Could it be an error they fix?

I wouldn’t say it’s an error, it seems like they’ve purposely done it this way. They could change them though, other games have changed the trophy icons after release so it’s possible.

Maybe if people mention it to them on Twitter they’ll update them?

8 minutes ago, KenobiEagle said:

I think these are placeholders. 
Wouldn’t this be the first game to keep the PS4 style tiles for a PS5 release? It doesn’t make any sense. 

Nope, Madden NFL 21 and CRSED did it too. It's not a placeholder - or if it is, they haven't done anything about it yet. It's not that common, but some developers just cannot be bothered to make a PS5 tile. Difference this time is that this is a first-party game!

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/11842-madden-nfl-21

Edited by PhantomFear94

1 hour ago, chalky83 said:

I wouldn’t say it’s an error, it seems like they’ve purposely done it this way. They could change them though, other games have changed the trophy icons after release so it’s possible.

Maybe if people mention it to them on Twitter they’ll update them?

I've messaged them on Facebook as I don't use Twitter. Maybe if a bunch of people ask the same question they'll update it.

Yeah, I agree. At first glance I was like "This isn't so bad" then noticed the Black Bars. Like FFVII Remake's PS4 list just uses the logo, and the PS5 list uses the Logo and Midgar. Even something so simple is appreciated.

As an aside, I wish more games used different art for DLC lists than the main game. I think I just like seeing the effort go into it. Drakengard 3 (I'm playing through it right now) of all games does this, even if it's just taking the game's logo and flipping it from white to black for all 5 lists. And that's like the bare minimum.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, PolarPhantom said:

As an aside, I wish more games used different art for DLC lists than the main game. I think I just like seeing the effort go into it. Drakengard 3 (I'm playing through it right now) of all games does this, even if it's just taking the game's logo and flipping it from white to black for all 5 lists. And that's like the bare minimum.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider did it for each of the eight or so DLC packs, and they all looked great! Absolutely should be the standard. 

• Like 1

Just FYI: the "black bars" are added by PSNP. It sets dark grey background for every trophy tile.

Seems like guys from Sucker Punch just added some blank space above and below and called it a day. :D

You can "see" it here:

S2c7348.png

• Like 1

To be clear, the "black bars" are completely transparent in the PS5's trophy section, so I don't actually think it looks bad. Inconsistent with other PS5 games, sure, but I don't think you'd notice it if you weren't looking for it. A lot better than the grey bars PS4 trophy lists have on the PS5.

• Like 1