Complaints

PlatinumTrophy

On 19.8.2021 at 1:33 PM, PlatinumTrophy said:

I made the mistake of starting this game  without doing deep enough research, and assumed it had no trophy list since it had been out for a while and wasn't on this site or PSNTL, i then earned a trophy and realised my grave mistake. Now it is syncable and I am stuck with getting 1047 wins. Yay

All PS4 and PS5 games are required to have trophies. There are few exceptions, mostly PSVR experiences. Betas and demos are exempt too, but with those I tend to check my trophies as soon as I reach the opening menu - just in case someone forgot to tick a checkbox or whatnot. Probably impossible these days, but better safe than sorry.

If you’re a completionist (as in having to have 100% trophies on every game on your trophy list) then damn, that sucks, man but I’m personally not so I personally have no problem playing any multiplayer games just for fun.

Edited by BrettyBoy

My only gripe with the list was the 2 collateral trophies. I hate gimmick trophies in MP games, so I "boosted" it by myself. Made 2 dummy accounts, used my PS4 and my fiance's PS5 along with mine, qued FFA and lined it up. Was tedious managing to hide the 2 dummy accounts away from others while I got the proper weapon but a hell of a lot better than trying to go for it constantly.

Otherwise I don't mind the massive grind in wins this game has, it's an absolute blast and I'm loving every minute of it. But I also won't burn myself out by forcing myself to play. I'll get the 100% over time within a year I'm sure.

Edited by Skurkitty
  • Like 3

On 28.08.2021 at 7:13 AM, Skurkitty said:

My only gripe with the list was the 2 collateral trophies. I hate gimmick trophies in MP games, so I "boosted" it by myself. Made 2 dummy accounts, used my PS4 and my fiance's PS5 along with mine, qued FFA and lined it up. Was tedious managing to hide the 2 dummy accounts away from others while I got the proper weapon but a hell of a lot better than trying to go for it constantly.

Otherwise I don't mind the massive grind in wins this game has, it's an absolute blast and I'm loving every minute of it. But I also won't burn myself out by forcing myself to play. I'll get the 100% over time within a year I'm sure.

same here, both collateral trophies are purely based on luck, my friend started to play after version 5.0.0 and unlocked both trophies (in his first matches) while i have nearly 200 games & still didnt get a collateral kill with a sniper.

my best advice for others would be to play in corresponding modes with specific weapons such as Instagib/Team Instagib for railgun or Team Shotty Snipers/BubbleHead Snipers mode for sniper trophies.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/19/2021 at 9:52 PM, Xenoblast91 said:

What really pisses me off is that the devs didn't allow the game to feature a full trophy list vs Xbox's 30 achievements with its 1000G. Like... why they just ignored that point on PS system? 

Pretty weird too. As then Microsoft need to apply the rule for 1000G in all their games for free? I'm heavily annoyed by this fact, as I'm a deep Halo fan and seeing this game was like the holy grail for PS4. But the list... oh man the list, a big turn off honestly by me despite I'm super tempted to try it and go for the 100% but well... 

Greed. If the fact that $ony needs a payment for adding trophies and due F2P point is to make income by microtransactions, they're left with less money in the end. Really fucked, honestly, despite there's a lot of those games with plat. But this one... 

Facts. I actually played this on Xbox first, seen it had 1000 gamerscore, and then went to look at the PS list and was shocked. I don’t get it. Xbox has a complete list so why not us?

Edited by BlueMageBlake
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think that far too many people are overly concerned with this game not having a platinum. I completed the game 100% awhile ago. Yes, it took forever. But I enjoyed the grind overall. If you enjoy a game enough to put in alot of hours, then does it really matter if there's a platinum or not? So long as you are having fun. Personally, I love a platinum, but if there is none. I'm not going to let that deter me from playing that game. I see people in general saying No Plat No Play. What nonsense is that. Yes, I agree totally. Splitgate should have had a platinum. But you can thank Sony for the lack of it. Splitgate is addictive, fast, and alot of fun. I think I put in about 350 hours to get the 100%. When the Walking Dead season 2 was released, it too did not have a platinum. I was like Wtf? Why not? But it did not stop me from playing and enjoying the game. But to this day I still don't understand why TWD: S2 was missing the platinum.

Edited by TheDarkKratos
  • Like 1

On 12/21/2021 at 8:38 PM, TheDarkKratos said:

I think that far too many people are overly concerned with this game not having a platinum. I completed the game 100% awhile ago. Yes, it took forever. But I enjoyed the grind overall. If you enjoy a game enough to put in alot of hours, then does it really matter if there's a platinum or not? So long as you are having fun. Personally, I love a platinum, but if there is none. I'm not going to let that deter me from playing that game. I see people in general saying No Plat No Play. What nonsense is that. Yes, I agree totally. Splitgate should have had a platinum. But you can thank Sony for the lack of it. Splitgate is addictive, fast, and alot of fun. I think I put in about 350 hours to get the 100%. When the Walking Dead season 2 was released, it too did not have a platinum. I was like Wtf? Why not? But it did not stop me from playing and enjoying the game. But to this day I still don't understand why TWD: S2 was missing the platinum.

Edited by BEYOND-EVIL

6 hours ago, BEYOND-EVIL said:

took me around 300 hours to get 1047 wins but i did it when it was easier to get wins imo had fun with this game a lot playing showdown/takedown

what happened for wins to become more difficult?

Just now, BEYOND-EVIL said:

they made it where wins are no longer 40 kills to win and moved it up to 50, and you can’t get in full bot lobbies to boost wins anymore 

you're right about bots, i remember when i first played there were a lot of bots a few months ago. should have taken the opportunity to boost, too late.

Anyway, the game is really a lot of fun, but I believe the time required for this huge number of wins should exceed 400 hours by now.