Core Update - Wait with installation!

Vive_ut_vivas

18 minutes ago, Fanatico1981 said:

The whole game is broken now.

Most of the DLC were not recognized and I had to download again, but the game still shows an error message at the beginning.

When you try to start a region/scenario the game crashes.

So I deleted it and wait for the next update.

What region?

I'm in EU and it's working perfectly. Every DLC I own (16 of them) are working except for the London to Reading one as tat won't download from PSN - they're aware of that issue though.

But, the base game works fine and I played about on four of the DLCs this morning.

This is a mess . PS5 store doesnt make it better .... Now when i start ps4 version it says i have not updated my game (it is) i cant buy newest dlcs because they are in the PS5 version . there are 4 versions in my store . some dlcs are missing and moved to the ps5 version addon section .....

Its a mess

4 minutes ago, Xionx said:

This is a mess . PS5 store doesnt make it better .... Now when i start ps4 version it says i have not updated my game (it is) i cant buy newest dlcs because they are in the PS5 version . there are 4 versions in my store . some dlcs are missing and moved to the ps5 version addon section .....

Its a mess

What they've done, looking at it, is made all the original PS4 versions of the DLC 'unavailable' and replaced them with the PS4/5 versions of the DLC.

You 'should' be able to 'buy' the DLCs you own - for free - in the new version, which will then let you download and use them with the PS4 version. That's what I imagine is the case looking at the PSN store. I've not touched my PS4 version for a while and I'm only playing the PS5 version now. 

1 hour ago, turniplord said:

What region?

I'm in EU and it's working perfectly. Every DLC I own (16 of them) are working except for the London to Reading one as tat won't download from PSN - they're aware of that issue though.

But, the base game works fine and I played about on four of the DLCs this morning.

I have the EU Version.

And like Xionx said, there is an error message on the start screen, with several error messages.

Don't know if there is another issue, playing the ps4 version on ps5, like I did.

For now I dont care anymore.

31 minutes ago, Fanatico1981 said:

I have the EU Version.

And like Xionx said, there is an error message on the start screen, with several error messages.

Don't know if there is another issue, playing the ps4 version on ps5, like I did.

For now I dont care anymore.

Yeah I got that error message so I tried reinstalling multiple DLC. None of them are appearing in game. So basically I've lost around £50 worth of DLC. Great.

7 minutes ago, deaf_swap004 said:

Yeah I got that error message so I tried reinstalling multiple DLC. None of them are appearing in game. So basically I've lost around £50 worth of DLC. Great.

I really doubt you've lost anything - though from the looks of it it may take some time before the problems are fully resolved. You may go to Dovetail Games forums and ask questions there - you will most likely receive an answer directly from the staff.

3 hours ago, turniplord said:

What region?

I am in EU too, but my game is broken.

I cannot start any route.

Tried according to what they wrote. (DTG:)

Download the Add-on(s) from the PlayStation Store (they should show as 'free' - please don't repurchase any routes you already own on PlayStation) - these will continue to populate over the coming hours

This will trigger the update to the Add-on

It does nothing I keep getting the same error message.

3 hours ago, turniplord said:

What region?

Whoops - thought you were all on about the PS5 version!

Hopefully they'll fix the PS4 version soon - they've supposedly issued a fix but it may take a while to reach each of the stores

Same here. 

EU, playing the PS4 version on my PS5, none of my DLCs are working at the moment. 

I will not switch to the PS5 version because I've started to earn the trophies for the older version and don't want the big unfinished PS4 version on my trophylist and I still have to buy the PS5 version of the game because I've puchased it as disc.

All my DLCs I've owned are now marked as free updates to download because the psn store tries to download the PS5 DLC versions for my PS4 version of the game. What a mess! 

On 9/8/2021 at 9:23 PM, deaf_swap004 said:

I still can’t play any of my dlcs on the PS4 version. Is this problem really fixed or not?

No, it's not fixed. Of all my puchased DLCs only 3 are working: East coastway, Rhein-Ruhr, Peninsula-Corridor. I'm thinking about to. contact the support. I'm anxious that I'll never play any of my purchased content again. 

On 9/8/2021 at 9:23 PM, deaf_swap004 said:

I still can’t play any of my dlcs on the PS4 version. Is this problem really fixed or not?

Okay, I could solve all my problems. 

If you get the error message in the screen before you're in main menu, that's saying that updates are missing or so, you have to reinstall your game unfortunately. The only way to get rid of the DLCs, they can't be deinstalled without deleting the game. 

Then after reinstalling and updating the main game to the last version, you can go under the game menu of tsw2 in your ps5 home screen under "add ons" and you can install the missing dlcs, they're shown as "free". 

It may happen like me, that in this add on section you're not seeing all of your add ons. Don't panic, start the game and in the tsw menu open the dlc shop and browse to the missing dlc's you did purchase. click on it, select "buy" and you'll see the psn shop with the correct ps4 dlc. It should've also been shown as "free". Download it and you'll get two downloads (the ps4 and ps5 version). Cancel the ps5 version of the downloads and let the other install. 

Cheers. 

Edited by I3arbiQ

9 hours ago, I3arbiQ said:

Okay, I could solve all my problems. 

If you get the error message in the screen before you're in main menu, that's saying that updates are missing or so, you have to reinstall your game unfortunately. The only way to get rid of the DLCs, they can't be deinstalled without deleting the game. 

Then after reinstalling and updating the main game to the last version, you can go under the game menu of tsw2 in your ps5 home screen under "add ons" and you can install the missing dlcs, they're shown as "free". 

It may happen like me, that in this add on section you're not seeing all of your add ons. Don't panic, start the game and in the tsw menu open the dlc shop and browse to the missing dlc's you did purchase. click on it, select "buy" and you'll see the psn shop with the correct ps4 dlc. It should've also been shown as "free". Download it and you'll get two downloads (the ps4 and ps5 version). Cancel the ps5 version of the downloads and let the other install. 

Cheers. 

It wasn’t that bad for me. No need to delete the game. I simply just went to the ps store and downloaded all my dlc at once for the 4th time and now I finally have them all.

2 hours ago, deaf_swap004 said:

It wasn’t that bad for me. No need to delete the game. I simply just went to the ps store and downloaded all my dlc at once for the 4th time and now I finally have them all.

Okay, did yo go to the ps store by system menu or via the ingame shop? because in the ps store from system menu there are only ps5 dlc's shown for me. only via the ingame shop i could access the ps4 dlcs. 

21 hours ago, I3arbiQ said:

Okay, did yo go to the ps store by system menu or via the ingame shop? because in the ps store from system menu there are only ps5 dlc's shown for me. only via the ingame shop i could access the ps4 dlcs. 

I used the guide on the Dovetail Games website. They are the developers. I would write how I did it but I don’t think it would make sense ? so here is the guide from the website: https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/train-sim-world/articles/article/playstation-4-update-september-3rd

1 hour ago, Fanatico1981 said:

I installed the whole game again, and well, it's still not working.

Dont think this is a Sony issue.

The developer did a huge mistake and are unable to solve it.

The issue has been fixed but it won’t work if you just delete the game and reinstall it. Instead, you have to download all the dlc again individually.

15 hours ago, deaf_swap004 said:

I used the guide on the Dovetail Games website. They are the developers. I would write how I did it but I don’t think it would make sense 1f605.png so here is the guide from the website: https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/train-sim-world/articles/article/playstation-4-update-september-3rd

I tried it too and yes it works for me too but in the "My Add-Ons" screen I miss some of my DLCs. Could only download the three other add-ons via ingame shop where I was navigated to the ps4 dlc in the psn store and where I could download it for "free". 

I would suggest you check if all of your dlcs are installed and listed in the "my add-ons" screen. 

12 hours ago, Fanatico1981 said:

I installed the whole game again, and well, it's still not working.

Dont think this is a Sony issue.

The developer did a huge mistake and are unable to solve it.

What exactely isn't working and on which platform? 

Edited by I3arbiQ

21 hours ago, I3arbiQ said:

I tried it too and yes it works for me too but in the "My Add-Ons" screen I miss some of my DLCs. Could only download the three other add-ons via ingame shop where I was navigated to the ps4 dlc in the psn store and where I could download it for "free". 

I would suggest you check if all of your dlcs are installed and listed in the "my add-ons" screen. 

What exactely isn't working and on which platform? 

For me there are some Sub-DLC which I should buy again.

They are already installed, but in this case the game also complains, that I have to buy the Parent-DLC for this specific DLC.

When I check the store they all have the installed marker, but the game is not really able to recognize that fact and so these DLC are also not selectable in the main menu.

Problems occurs on PS4-Version, played on PS5