Hirschfelden European Rabbit Glitch?

vujos

I have spent approximately 30 hours in Hirschfelden Reserve, completed almost all missions, but I havent seen, heard (warning call, mating call), or found single set of tracks of European Rabbit anywhere. I did found several boroughs and sat there waited at different times of the day and nothing comes out. Was careful to sneak form at least 150m distance and observe, but no luck, not a single spotted one. Anyone has similar issues?

It makes me worried something glitched as I need to identify their call, take photo and spot them for a trophy.

43 minutes ago, vujos said:

I have spent approximately 30 hours in Hirschfelden Reserve, completed almost all missions, but I havent seen, heard (warning call, mating call), or found single set of tracks of European Rabbit anywhere. I did found several boroughs and sat there waited at different times of the day and nothing comes out. Was careful to sneak form at least 150m distance and observe, but no luck, not a single spotted one. Anyone has similar issues?

It makes me worried something glitched as I need to identify their call, take photo and spot them for a trophy.

Did you use the maps that are available in steam guides? I don't know if the animal zones have changed or not but I definitely found them very useful a few years ago when I played the base game. I'm posting the link below:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2096067056

Also, rabbits are active at specific times (these are taken from the wiki):

5 : 00 to 9 : 00

12 : 00 to 16 : 00

18 : 00 to 22 : 00

Having said all that, it's very strange that in 30 hours you never came across the European rabbit ;) 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, det_gittes said:

Did you use the maps that are available in steam guides? I don't know if the animal zones have changed or not but I definitely found them very useful a few years ago when I played the base game. I'm posting the link below:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2096067056

Also, rabbits are active at specific times (these are taken from the wiki):

5 : 00 to 9 : 00

12 : 00 to 16 : 00

18 : 00 to 22 : 00

Having said all that, it's very strange that in 30 hours you never came across the European rabbit ;) 

Strange indeed. Coming from Layton Lake Reserve I had them on every corner, hearing them, seeing them and everything... then coming to this almost made me think they are not part of the reserve.

Thanks for the maps, I see good concentrated area in southeast section of the map, so will visit during those times and hopefully find some.

Finally after couple of hours of strictly searching spots from the map i have found rabbits. They are super small and hard to spot in the grass compared to Jackrabbit from Layton Lake reserve.

Thanks for the maps again @det_gittes, they will come handy going to my next maps now.

2 minutes ago, vujos said:

Finally after couple of hours of strictly searching spots from the map i have found rabbits. They are super small and hard to spot in the grass compared to Jackrabbit from Layton Lake reserve.

Thanks for the maps again @det_gittes, they will come handy going to my next maps now.

Glad I could help! As I said, I found them myself very useful. And judging by your profile (super impressive!), you'll be going for the full completion - good luck on that, it's going to take a fair bit of time :D  The good thing is that all the trophies are obtainable now, over the years there were multiple buggy trophies (e.g. in order to obtain Pillgrim from the Medved-Taiga I would have to start the reserve afresh and I don't feel like doing it). Still, a fantastic game (and diamonds are easier now, I think)!

2 hours ago, det_gittes said:

Glad I could help! As I said, I found them myself very useful. And judging by your profile (super impressive!), you'll be going for the full completion - good luck on that, it's going to take a fair bit of time :D  The good thing is that all the trophies are obtainable now, over the years there were multiple buggy trophies (e.g. in order to obtain Pillgrim from the Medved-Taiga I would have to start the reserve afresh and I don't feel like doing it). Still, a fantastic game (and diamonds are easier now, I think)!

Absolutely, you know it I'll go for 100% ?. I'm aware that there were many glitched trophies before, I saw players mentioning that their counters reset if update got released etc. Luckily I'm almost done with two main game maps and no updates were released during that time.
Getting Pilgrim trophy is "easy", 10 locations to visit on a map. You can just back up main save, start new game to pop that one.

I'm really enjoying this game, its very relaxing. It does require ton of patience and time, but enjoyment of beautiful nature, its sounds and animals overweight the difficulty for me.

• Like 1