Trophy thoughts

Clafoutee

31 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

Howw tough is it to do that one level on nightmare without taking damage?

Having in mind that you can "save state" after each "step" of progress I would say 2/10.

Edited by Smashero

WIth saving this is all real easy to complete, just a bit of grind to do everything on Nightmare. I've been playing it on PC where I already own it and I see they brought back the 50% health maximum for Nightmare too, that got patched out of the original Quake over 20 years ago :P. The expansions especially are tough on Nightmare mode and you want to know where the secrets are, reserve your ammo for the higher end weapons for the inevitable mass of shamblers and vores in later levels, and get good use out of any quads. 

Generally I would say the multiplayer achievement will be the worst to get naturally, I don't think the multiplayer will remain especially active for more than a few weeks, but it also looks easily boostable. You need fullish health and red armor to survive a "discharge" (firing the lightning gun underwater). 

Edited by scary_atheist

11 minutes ago, scary_atheist said:

Generally I would say the multiplayer achievement will be the worst to get naturally, I don't think the multiplayer will remain especially active for more than a few weeks, but it also looks easily boostable. You need fullish health and red armor to survive a "discharge" (firing the lightning gun underwater).

E2M1 (Installation) was my favorite map. It contains a large water trap in the center of the map, and later has a hidden Pentagram of Protection. Once you have the Thunderbolt and PoP, just dive in and discharge while people are swimming to get the Red Armor in the secret room.

• Like 2

Looks generally easy, although the expansions on Nightmare are kinda spicy. Bad timing on my part since I rebought the expansions on PC and played through them all again literally a few weeks ago after having not played them since they got released when I was a kid, so not sure I'm ready to replay all of them again so soon.

Only real toughie here is the Pain Maze one, and that depends entirely if you can save state cheese it. Doing that level on nightmare without taking a hit from start to finish without being able to save/reload would be a right dick for sure, it's probably one of the most unpleasant maps in the game even including the expansions. If save states are viable then it's just a matter of time and caution really, and I'm 100% sure there's at least one invuln pentagram in that map from what I recall.

If the deathmatch trophy is possible in local splitscreen then that will be trivial. Not overly familiar with this game (played the second one to death on PS1 though), and since I'm not exactly a dab hand at FPS games on higher difficulties I can see myself struggling with this

I was round a couple of friends' house today and we played Warzone just to tune in live for the CoD Vanguard reveal. We talked about it for like 1 minute after we  watched the trailer and were left feeling a bit deflated. When we checked Twitter a few hours later and found out a Quake Remastered game was coming to PS4 with trophy support we lost our shit at the thought of revisiting this classic and couldn't stop ourselves form getting excited. Priorities ?

Edited by FreshFromThaDeli
  • Like 2

Quake? On PS4? Damn sign me up! That's one game that I had no idea what I was doing except shooting xD 

8 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Now we just need Hexen and it will be perfect

That's the followup to Heretic no? Heard it's mad good, never managed to find it on the Seven Seas back then though :( 

• Like 2

The list doesn't seem too tough, except for Painless Maze... that's probably the one I save for last.

Hexen and its Deathkings of the Dark Citadel expansion are good. DDC raises the enemy count quite a bit.

I'll buy the remaster of Rise of the Triad when that's out on PS4. This was announced last September, but the release date is still TBA. It's not the remake from 2013, but the original ROTT Dark War. One of the best things is Dog Mode, with the bark blast that can be charged to take out multiple enemies.

3 hours ago, Smash41 said:

You can do the online trophy in a local only MP game with training difficulty bots.

Use map DM5:The Cistern and go here, that's the gun you need and its right next to water.

Thank you, just got the trophy, this solo method works perfectly :D

NGRlItn.gif

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

Will the Nine Inch Nails band logo still be on the nail gun ammo packs?

i remember seeing that as a kid and i was like “fuck yeah, i love NIN”

Ive never wanted to play/plat a game because of music before (maybe if vib ribbon got a remaster ?) 

But now i do.

Fuck yeah i love NIN!!!

• Like 3