Killed all named phantoms but still not pure white character

Solid-Yousef

Hello there all. 

I was on neutral tendency then I killed all 5 named black phantoms to complete the monumental quest but still didn't reach pure white character tendency. Is there anything I am missing?

Another question, I am on NG, if I played NG+ will my tendency reset? if not, will my tendency switch to pure white if I killed one or two, and not all the five?

• Like 1

Tendency will not reset on NG+. You can kill them again there. If you killed any of the vendors and NPCs or invade somebody I think your character tendency gets darker. I'm not sure if Old King Doran counts, I think world tendency changes by -3 when you killed him but it may be character I don't remember.

Just to be clear, the "named ones" are Satsuki, Selen Vinland, Miralda, etc... And NOT the black phantoms of each level who are also unique and don't respawn

For the people who are having trouble with this, for me i had to kill all 5 black phantoms (do NOT let them fall or kill them with poison, you have to land the killing blow) + the pvp boss Old Monk. If you play fully offline you may need to kill one extra black phantom on NG+, because the old monk only counts towards white tendency if you do it online.

On 20/08/2021 at 10:19 AM, Solid-Yousef said:

yes, that is them, i killed Satsuki in his human form maybe that's why.

Killing Satuski's human form drops world tendency to neutral. Black phantom forms, you have to be the one to kill them (they can't fall off ledges).

Best advice is check out the Demons Souls discord, people are more than happy to help there.

Same problem here. Playing online, using Platinum guide from PSN profiles. Always Neutral Character Tendency... I killed 8 BP (5 + additionaly party of 3 BP from 1:4 - Metas, Alfred, Long Bow only to check if it helps) still White Character Tendency.

Edited by Kessarath

On 21.08.2021 at 0:24 AM, LinkinLima said:

For the people who are having trouble with this, for me i had to kill all 5 black phantoms (do NOT let them fall or kill them with poison, you have to land the killing blow) + the pvp boss Old Monk. If you play fully offline you may need to kill one extra black phantom on NG+, because the old monk only counts towards white tendency if you do it online.

Can you explain what I'm supposed to do now about the Old Monk? Also stuck and have a White Character Tendency. I already killed this Boss, what to do now?

Edit: I just killed Old Monk as "blue" Phantom summoned by anorher player to help him. Nothing. Still White Character Tendency... I will try with on-line player to invide me. I think this is my last hope or NG+ and another BPs there...

Edit #2:

I know now that I am not the only one who has this problem. Even though I have never killed a friendly NPC or other player. Killed 5 named BPs and following the Platinum Walkthrough ... still not getting Pure White Character Tendency.
There is one thing that comes to mind and my theory is this: Several times, 4-6 times, another player has invaded my world while I was playing. I didn't want to do PVP so I always logged out and logged back into the game. This way, I bypassed the invasion of the hostile phantom. Perhaps the game registered it somewhere that I didn't even go to the fight, and now I will be forced to do so? It is hard to judge, maybe someone can comment on it.

Edit #3:

I killed one BP invader Player in PVP and instantly got Pure White Character Tendency. 

Edit #4: The Epilogue

While preparing for the Mephistopheles assignment, finaly realized why I was having trouble reaching Pure Character Tendency! I had to kill a few traders and it turned out that one was missing! Dregling Merchant! He was not in any of the three locations, and I suddenly remembered that while in Inner Ward, on the upper level of a building guarded by Red Eye Knight, I was fighting in a small, cramped room, and it seemed to me that I had killed some impassive opponent! It was the beginning of the game, didn't realize it was a merchant (after all, he looks like an common enemy and I was in a battle rage!). Hence all my problems with Pure Character Tendency and it's all my fault! The positive side of this is that I got my adrenaline pumping in PVP and met a few people online. :-)

Edited by Kessarath