Question about upgrade

WalshYNWA

I played this game on the PS4 using the disc version that I rented, so after completing the game I sent the disc back. I now have a PS5 so if I want to play the upgraded version do I need to purchase the full price one or can I just get the upgraded version? Sorry if this is a dumb question but I just don't want to pay £70 (even though it's worth it) if I can just get the £15 one digitally instead. Thanks.

Edited by WalshYNWA

If you don’t own the game at all:

• $60 for the Director’s Cut on PS4
  • $70 for the Director’s Cut on PS5

If you already own Ghost of Tsushima on PS4:

• $20 to upgrade to the Director’s Cut on PS4
  • $30 to upgrade to the Director’s Cut on PS5

If you buy the Director’s Cut on PS4:

• $10 to upgrade to the Director’s Cut on PS5

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, WalshYNWA said:

I played this game on the PS4 using the disc version that I rented, so after completing the game I sent the disc back. I now have a PS5 so if I want to play the upgraded version do I need to purchase the full price one or can I just get the upgraded version? Sorry if this is a dumb question but I just don't want to pay £70 (even though it's worth it) if I can just get the £15 one digitally instead. Thanks.

I would personally buy a second hand copy of the PS4 version, then insert the disc. The Upgrade costs £24.99. 

39 minutes ago, amirbloody77 said:

Sorry for asking

If you buy $30 upgrade for PS5 version,will you get Director Cut edition for PS4 to or you get only PS5 version ???

You get both versions actually.

I owned the normal digital version on PS4. I had a 30 euro or I guess 30 dollar version version available to me. When I purchased that it was tagged as PS4 / PS5. 

9 hours ago, IGUnique said:

Does anyone know if you can transfer the safe file from ps5 back to ps4? would love to play NG+ and the DLC on my PS5 and then pop the ps4 trophies. Rather do that then ps4 100% and autopop.

If it's anything like the other games then it's just one way, unfortunately. Pretty shit considering they had no problem doing cross save between PS3/Vita/PS4 and the Xbox One has no problem doing it with the Series X. Only way you can do proper two way save transfers between PS5 and PS4 is between PS4 games specifically. 

4 hours ago, XxSweetRevengexX said:

I have the original PS4 version. If I buy the 30$ upgrade for GOT, does this entitle me to both the PS4 and PS5 director cut versions?

PlayStation Help on Twitter responded and said you do. I can confirm I got both PS4 and PS5 director cuts by purchasing the 30$ upgrade.