Abby_TheLastofUs

Saints Row

76 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, milanbarca82 said:

Pandering, eh?  Haven't they learned anything from BF V?

Its an agenda, they are going to stop until they get real broke, let's not buy this game and they can understand, look EA on Battlefield 2042 they didn't do the same bs as on BFV trailer, they even say that the game it's not political lol, they are learning i guess

2 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

That's a serious amount of projection, calm down.

Anti-woke crusaders are just as obnoxious as the woke brigade. Guess I'll just have to get used to the two sets of toddlers bickering in the forums until the game drops and it's all a big lot of nothing.

Don't quote me, i have seen your messages and post about this threads and i'm not gonna lose my time with people that agree with this, you are one of them, so let me be, woke it's the worst for any media

Edited by TheAbyssWalker61

2 hours ago, peffsi said:

Not sure why it's a bad thing that the writers are trying to avoid "casual sexism and homophobia" now

Is this really the series to worry about that though? Unless they have nuked everything that made it saint's row, you're not playing as a good person. You'll probably be a mass murderer just to start, and that's not counting how you act in non story content. I'm not looking to play as someone dropping slurs left and right, but I don't exactly think a gang leader is going to be a paragon of virtue.

Posted (edited)

57 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

Except no one is going broke regardless the rhymes and gibberish you claim.

There is "They" that make BFV and SR reboot. Two different games from two different companies. No connection. No grand conspiracy.

SR and Volition have been whacky and inclusive since forever. Have you played any of their games? 

These characters are younger but their archetypes don't seem wildly different from Johnny, Kinzie, Shaundi, or the MC.  

i have saints row 3 and 4 and it was different, all the characters were good looking and yeah there were very different characters but the trailer wasnt :" look diversity, look its diverse, just for you" they didn't talk about that, MK 11 was the same they have tu put sexy clothes on DLC, Battlefield 2042 trailer just show men in the trailer, lol, this stupid agenda its not gonna last forever, just ghostbusters 2016, birds of prey, charlie angels, are example, please i dont want to talk with people like you that defend this things, you cant understand that this it's bad for the industry

57 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Removed off topic discussion/derailing

26 minutes ago, TheAbyssWalker61 said:

Its bullshit, SJW ROW thats the real name, i guess the character creator its not gonna let me HAVE big boobs or something, modernity its killing west games, Saints row was different to GTA because it was funny, not some serious thing, not gonna buy the game obviously, the female character creator it's gonna be like 99% western games, just tomboys and ugly women, lol, with things like these i'm not buying so many western games in the future, sad for the saga, i hope they get broke for being woke

Yeah its woke row, another westener saga that will be broke 

Ironic because a lot of developers hate any bit of skin showing on a female character but are more than happy for the male characters to go shirtless, prime example here. The latest Mortal Kombat was a prime example of this.

15 minutes ago, Moridin83 said:

Is this really the series to worry about that though? Unless they have nuked everything that made it saint's row, you're not playing as a good person. You'll probably be a mass murderer just to start, and that's not counting how you act in non story content. I'm not looking to play as someone dropping slurs left and right, but I don't exactly think a gang leader is going to be a paragon of virtue.

Gangsters that commit crimes being homophobic and sexist, how terrible. 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Gladiator995 said:

Ironic because a lot of developers hate any bit of skin showing on a female character but are more than happy for the male characters to go shirtless, prime example here. The latest Mortal Kombat was a prime example of this.

The industry it's run by degenerates, they really think that they need to listen the same 5 pathetic losers of twitter that have a complex for being ugly, i can't believe it honestly, the best it's not buying this shit 

Just now, TheAbyssWalker61 said:

The industry it's run by degenerates, they really thing that they need to listen the same 5 pathetic losers of twitter that have a complex for being ugly, i can't believe it honestly, the best ot's not buying this shit 

I have to admit it is quite interesting because the Twitter media coverage doesn’t just apply to the gaming industry. We’ve had numerous celebrities being “cancelled” because of tweets they’ve made from years ago, news articles being written by tabloids because one person on Twitter complained about something involving an “ism”. It is a strange set of affairs and something we shouldn’t promote as the norm. 

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, Gladiator995 said:

I have to admit it is quite interesting because the Twitter media coverage doesn’t just apply to the gaming industry. We’ve had numerous celebrities being “cancelled” because of tweets they’ve made from years ago, news articles being written by tabloids because one person on Twitter complained about something involving an “ism”. It is a strange set of affairs and something we shouldn’t promote as the norm. 

That's why im telling to people who thinks like me, don't consume western things, just a few, watch anime and play more japanese games , are better, have better design of characters and background and japanese society doesn't care about californian and bri'ish woke complains, honestly in this PS5 generation i'm going to buy less games to become a retro gamer, it will be better

7 minutes ago, Gladiator995 said:

Gangsters that commit crimes being homophobic and sexist, how terrible. 

Just the people with ugly complex see sexualization as something bad lol, handsome women exists so?

i have saints row 3 and 4 and it was different, all the characters were good looking and yeah there were very different characters but the trailer wasnt :" look diversity, look its diverse, just for you" they didn't talk about that, MK 11 was the same they have tu put sexy clothes on DLC, Battlefield 2042 trailer just show men in the trailer, lol, this stupid agenda its not gonna last forever, just ghostbusters 2016, birds of prey, charlie angels, are example, please i dont want to talk with people like you that defend this things, you cant understand that this it's bad for the industry

You're just talking about the trailer and how the devs talk. 
I am talking about the games and characters. regardless of how you feel about the words the devs use, the games and characters they made across the series are still similar archetypes. 

If the words the devs use bother you then I can't even think how you can function in reality where such wording is part of all company "about us", corporate goals, and HR sections. It as if you think being openly non-discriminatory is a bad thing.

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

You're just talking about the trailer and how the devs talk. 
I am talking about the games and characters. regardless of how you feel about the words the devs use, the games and characters they made across the series are still similar archetypes. 

If the words the devs use bother you then I can't even think how you can function in reality where such wording is part of all company "about us", corporate goals, and HR sections. It as if you think being openly non-discriminatory is a bad thing.

I told you to don't quote me, this is the last time i answer you, in SR IV i can make my female character sexy with exaggerated boobs, in this probably not just because 4 ugly girls of twitter will complain lol, that's stupid, and it's not discriminatory to make humour, if you can't  handle offensive humour don't watch it , in many american movies my country has been shown as  a country full of narcos, murder, violence, and i'm not going to twitter to tell producers to cancel that shitty movies, that's the difference, anglosaxon people gets offended for everything, you can't see racism and homophobia in everything, and i dont care that i just want to play a game without censor because hippie tears, as i said it's the last time i answer you, you are my enemy not friend, i don't talk with people like you

Since the thread has already turned into a mess, and is probably going to get locked, I'll ask a question regarding this dumb topic: what were the examples of sexism and homophobia in previous SR games anyway? I've never played these games. I know they are over the top in many ways, and have some sexual content (women with big chests, dildos as weapons, whatever) but I've never heard anyone say these games were sexist, homophobic, etc.

Only actual answers pls.

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, Slava said:

Since the thread has already turned into a mess, and is probably going to get locked, I'll ask a question regarding this dumb topic: what were the examples of sexism and homophobia in previous SR games anyway? I've never played these games. I know they are over the top in many ways, and have some sexual content (women with big chests, dildos as weapons, whatever) but I've never heard anyone say these games were sexist, homophobic, etc.

Only actual answers pls.

There it's not any of that, for this people sexism it's showing sexy girls, lol i gues that in real life we have to censor sexy girls too because their eyes burn or something, there wasn't sexism niether homophobia, making jokes about it it's not homophobia, are jokes, imagine south park being cancelled for that too, so that doesn't exist in SR and if it was it, what's the problem? if you get offend you just don't see that, for example i'm not going for life on twitter asking for censor to shitty woke series like riverdale, orange it's the new black, the witcher from netflix, i just don't see that and they lose money, that's how it works

15 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Doesn't seem like they're letting the complaining get to them. 

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021/08/saints_row_reboot_faces_huge_fan_backlash_devs_say_we_are_not_backing_down

Guess they want the game to speak for itself.

Not like they can change if they wanted to. They're only 6 months away from the release date. 

Also no offense, but posting things like "haters gonna hate" isn't going to win them brownie points with their customers. And aside from the loud and obnoxious vocalists, there's some solid criticism being thrown around. If the success of your product is contingent on the satisfaction of your customers, then it's an idiotic move to go against them... That's just my opinion. 

11 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Guess they want the game to speak for itself.

Madness. Clearly nobody told them that such a thing is simply not allowed

8 minutes ago, PooPooBlast said:

Also no offense, but posting things like "haters gonna hate" isn't going to win them brownie points with their customers. And aside from the loud and obnoxious vocalists, there's some solid criticism being thrown around. If the success of your product is contingent on the satisfaction of your customers, then it's an idiotic move to go against them... That's just my opinion. 

Yea, that was kinda immature, but Naughty Dog essentially said the same and TLOU Part II still sold tons. Not that it makes it right, of course.

2 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Yea, that was kinda immature, but Naughty Dog essentially said the same and TLOU Part II still sold tons. Not that it makes it right, of course.

agreed....mostly because negativity always abounds... people always want to share their negativity with anyone who will listen, seemingly making it seem the word of the majority ... but most won't go out of the way to post a positive... TLoU2 sold tonnes because all the negativity wouldn't keep the silent people from what was actually a great game