Remasters for ps5

dannyswfc9

Is anybody else sick of all these remasters.

The ps5s first birthday isnt too far away and i must say im very dissapointed with the lack of ps5 games and im currently playing my ps4 games on tge ps5

I cant remember there being so many remasters during the first year of the ps4. 

You can dress it up as much as you want and put directers cut or ultimate edition after the title of the game but there still the same game as most of ps4 players have played before.

Does sony and other companys care about their customers or are they just in it for the money.

On a upside 2022 is looking pretty tasty.

Ive got my tin hat on and ready for some stick but just how i feel

Edited by dannyswfc9
  • Like 3

I'm usually pretty neutral on remasters/ports, especially ones of games that weren't released too long ago anyway. I don't care about the majority of remasters on PS5 either, but I do find it a lot more pointless than previous gens when it's backwards compatible with the PS4 anyway. But guess I can't really blame devs and publishers for wanting to make some extra cash making quick and easy ports.

The only things that have kinda grinded my gears is Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut, and Void Terrarium to a lesser extent. At least the Death Stranding one is a lot more reasonable to upgrade and buy new full price physically.

I never really planned to get a PS5 any time soon anyway, still have backlogs dating back to the PS1, so I can safely just skip this gen if I really wanted to and still have plenty of games to keep me occupied till the PS7/8. I'm mostly just waiting till there's enough exclusives out that interest me, and hopefully a revision/slim model with a bigger internal storage size.

Edited by SuperSmexy500
  • Like 2

I think the amount of remastered games is to be expected. Most studios don’t wanna take a risk on a new game and would rather have guaranteed sales from just updating old games. It is not just the gaming industry. Film, tv and gaming studios are very devoid of ideas.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

As long as we get a remaster for Simpsons Hit and Run,

Actually yes please

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

Not me. I don't own anything that has been remastered yet for the PS5 so when it comes time, I'm glad I'll be able to pick up the PS5 version. When you couple that with the fact that these remasters took no porting and were mostly some code refinement that took barely any time at all, certainly not replacing the time it would take to develop a new game, I appreciate that these are an option and that nobody is out anything for them to happen.

Comparing PS4's launch and first 9 months, with an entire codebase change to PS5's launch and first 9 months, a year+ into a global pandemic, would be pretty interesting, but really wouldn't provide anything effective to compare.

This is fair enough

6 minutes ago, DrunkEngineer said:

It's hard to be upset right now when the state the world has been in lately. I'm just glad more & more stuff keeps getting released; although as a collector, it sure is making it hard to keep up. 

Video games have definatly got me through the last 18 months especially after working all the way through it. I just need a good ps5 game or 2 to get stuck into

Edited by dannyswfc9
  • Like 2

Right now I got 16 games I can replay on PS5 with a fps boost, 6 of them with another free Platinum, and 3 PS5 only games I wanna buy. Overall, I'm actually pretty satisfied. I don't buy new games every week, so having some "comfort food" I can come back to is ok by me.

• Like 3

I don't really care either way it's not any different to the same gen GOTY, Ultimate Editions etc that publishers always release and the resolution increase and minor graphical tweaks to give it a shinier coat of paint aren't taking much time away from new game development.

The way I see it is if it's something I never played on the PS4 I get to play it in better quality and if it's something I enjoyed from last gen I can buy it again when it's in the bargain bin towards the end of the gen and play it again.

6 hours ago, Helyx said:

upcoming Dead Space Remaster

i thought this was supposed to be a remake not a remaster. I mean if they are just taking the PS3 version and cleaning up the textures for a remaster like Mass Effect then I am fine with that too. A full on remake (like Resident Evil 1) of the original would be nice too just please no re-imaginings (like Resident Evil 2).

Edited by Void

17 minutes ago, Void said:

i thought this was supposed to be a remake not a remaster. I mean if they are just taking the PS3 version and cleaning up the textures for a remaster like Mass Effect then I am fine with that too. A full on remake (like Resident Evil 1) of the original would be nice too just please no re-imaginings (like Resident Evil 2).

Sadly, I don't think we'll get something easy like a remaster (which is honestly all it needs).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, saiyanbloodstyle said:

I just find it annoying that we get remasters from 6 months to a year ago (which we can play via BC anyway) but we still haven't got a GTA 4 remaster which is only playable on a PS3, they need to make that game more accessible to us.

Motorstorm trilogy/Killzone trilogy/Infamous trilogy

• Like 3