The Virtuous Cycle - Seeds sharing

Luckymaniac

Hi gang !

With the new DLC, everyone start to know than it's going to be a big pain for the 100%.

I create this topic to for sharing map seeds that people can find usefull with the time.

Seeds like where we can find glimpses and tar drop fast for the bonus % in the hub.

The Idea is... If we can farm glimpses and tar fast, we can upgrade bonus at max and after that focus on finish cycle. And if we have a lot of tar objects, we can easily have the 5k required to enter temple fast and to speedrun and focusing only on bosses during our run.

So... That's my idea, if you find good seeds, fell free to add it here so we can all profit them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Luckymaniac said:

Hi gang !

With the new DLC, everyone start to know than it's going to be a big pain for the 100%.

I create this topic to for sharing map seeds that people can find usefull with the time.

Seeds like where we can find glimpses and tar drop fast for the bonus % in the hub.

The Idea is... If we can farm glimpses and tar fast, we can upgrade bonus at max and after that focus on finish cycle. And if we have a lot of tar objects, we can easily have the 5k required to enter temple fast and to speedrun and focusing only on bosses during our run.

So... That's my idea, if you find good seeds, fell free to add it here so we can all profit them.

Beat me to it, I was going to make a similar thread xD

What I noticed as well is that all items are in same places as main game, just contents are random 

The random starting instinct also seems linked to seed. 

Would be good if any1 can list good items as well ;)

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Beat me to it, I was going to make a similar thread xD

What I noticed as well is that all items are in same places as main game, just contents are random 

The random starting instinct also seems linked to seed. 

Would be good if any1 can list good items as well ;)

I noticed that too, more than that, when we relaunch a seed, everything is the same except ennemis drop...

- Item on the ground are the same

- Towers are the same

- Ennemis are the same

I think for sure that every tar/glimpse related items are good to have. (I don't have the name of each right now).

Some coins that can give us some free hits since we can't heal.

Maybe bells and those items who give bonus when we harden/parry too ?

4 hours ago, Luckymaniac said:

I noticed that too, more than that, when we relaunch a seed, everything is the same except ennemis drop...

- Item on the ground are the same

- Towers are the same

- Ennemis are the same

I think for sure that every tar/glimpse related items are good to have. (I don't have the name of each right now).

Some coins that can give us some free hits since we can't heal.

Maybe bells and those items who give bonus when we harden/parry too ?

Most stuff yea, that's what TC was saying in OP, seeds are the same as long as you get same seed number. Everything will be the same!

Free hits, free Superior Moonshine etc. You could in theory just stack up on tonnes of Superior Moonshines and Ornate Tokens and just go spam specials!?

The difficult thing in this is the grind, you have infinite items so you can make most of it easy of you have the time!

2 hours ago, mike0oscar0oscar said:

Ok so I did some runs and I found a beautiful quick collection of tar and glimpses. The seed is 607741 you spawn around the bridge entrance of the stone temple zone and there is the broken pillar ramp to get back to the swamp. Run up the pillar back towards the swamp and kill the dud blocking your path (or just grab the item) and there is a glimpse of truth for 15 glimpses then there is the camp that over looks the bridge and in the chest on the ground there is always a nascent tar and at maximum understanding it's 2500 tar! I've been running this over and over again and just letting them kill me and running it again. Super helpful. 248659 is the same spawn location but the spawn gives you a large bolt and the spots I said give extracted tar. Not as good as the first one BUT free bolts if you feel like being cheesy with a massive amount of bolts.

That's good mate, Nascent Tars are the biggest ones iirc, and guess you could just get 99 bolts and just spam it everywhere xD

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, mike0oscar0oscar said:

Ok so I did some runs and I found a beautiful quick collection of tar and glimpses. The seed is 607741

This going to be an excellent seed I think. 15 glimpses and 2,500 tar in each run of what ? 5 minutes max ? I'm going to grind this crazy to upgrade everything max at least and always have enough tar to enter temple.

3 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Free hits, free Superior Moonshine etc. You could in theory just stack up on tonnes of Superior Moonshines and Ornate Tokens and just go spam specials!?

I think this is a great idea against boss and regular tough ennemis we can't run pass. A safe and quick way to kill everything on the way.

22 hours ago, mike0oscar0oscar said:

Ok so I did some runs and I found a beautiful quick collection of tar and glimpses. The seed is 607741 you spawn around the bridge entrance of the stone temple zone and there is the broken pillar ramp to get back to the swamp. Run up the pillar back towards the swamp and kill the dud blocking your path (or just grab the item) and there is a glimpse of truth for 15 glimpses then there is the camp that over looks the bridge and in the chest on the ground there is always a nascent tar and at maximum understanding it's 2500 tar! I've been running this over and over again and just letting them kill me and running it again. Super helpful. 248659 is the same spawn location but the spawn gives you a large bolt and the spots I said give extracted tar. Not as good as the first one BUT free bolts if you feel like being cheesy with a massive amount of bolts.

Man this is a good one(607741).  After you collect these if you run to the right to the starting grisha chest theres another nascent tar, and another at the burning crucifiction near the starting dungeon.  Lot of moonshine and mortal/ornate tokens as well.

• Like 2

How does the Seed Sharing work with say, the Obsidian Dark Shell completion run trophy? 

From what I've read so far, it's something you find through the run right? So theoretically, if you find a seed with one near the end, we all can use it right?

Apologies if I'm misunderstanding something - waiting for the EU version's list to not be so buggy before playing it.

1 hour ago, Griffon234 said:

How does the Seed Sharing work with say, the Obsidian Dark Shell completion run trophy? 

From what I've read so far, it's something you find through the run right? So theoretically, if you find a seed with one near the end, we all can use it right?

Apologies if I'm misunderstanding something - waiting for the EU version's list to not be so buggy before playing it.

As I understand it, the shades for each shell are obtained after killing certain enemies/completing cycles (complete runs) with that shell. The obsidian shade is a shade for the foundling (no shell) and is obtained after completing a cycle with the foundling. So for the obsidian run you will have to do 2 “no shell” cycles/play throughs.

That said the seed that @mike0oscar0oscar linked above is an AWESOME seed for grinding out some glimpses, tar, ornate, spectral, and mortal tokens.

@Optinooby also has made a great point above and in other threads about using ornate tokens with your no shell run to negate some damage for the harder boss fights so that will help a ton but 2 no-shell runs on permadeath is just going to be awful.

I’m going to keep looking for other seeds that have potential for either being good for grinding out some items or having some great starter instincts off the bat.

Cheers to everyone above for their input, I didn’t think this game mode would be so addicting!

• Like 1

If you buy the lutes, they gives passives, I've also heard there is some sort of instinct, or perhaps a glitch where u can get more health as no shell!

Another useful thing is if you use camera mode to start, u can go high, turn off fog and zoom around the map looking for yellow pillars if one wanted to!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Optinooby said:

If you buy the lutes, they gives passives, I've also heard there is some sort of instinct, or perhaps a glitch where u can get more health as no shell!

Another useful thing is if you use camera mode to start, u can go high, turn off fog and zoom around the map looking for yellow pillars if one wanted to!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkwWP9qjwRs

Like this?  Its the MAX HEALTH instinct.   lol, save up your mortal tokens.

Edited by maisie666
  • Like 1

There Can Only Be One
Beat all variations of the Dark Shells in The Virtuous Cycle.

For this one I done these variations so far.
173141    Harros    eredrim + tiel    solomon
950362    solomon    eredrim + harros    tiel
106586    harros    eredrim + solomon    tiel

Out of 5 finished cycles 2 were repeats, so it would help if you guys post different variantion seeds. I assume they are tied with the seed number.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maisie666 said:

Is anyone find how these Mortal Tokens works ? I didn't really understand it yet...

These No Shell run will be awful but the max health instincts and the save backup will be very usefull.

And if we can find "easy" seed where RNG is good for ending a cycle it would be great.

4 hours ago, maisie666 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkwWP9qjwRs

WOW, that's crazy!! So we need a Seed with Max Health right at the start for easy mode xD

I can't decide if that seems legit or not, like perhaps it's an oversight....... hope it's not patched!!

Is it a legendary instinct btw or does the common max health instinct shoot ur HP up that much??

2 hours ago, Luckymaniac said:

Is anyone find how these Mortal Tokens works ? I didn't really understand it yet...

These No Shell run will be awful but the max health instincts and the save backup will be very usefull.

And if we can find "easy" seed where RNG is good for ending a cycle it would be great.

Mortal Tokens heal you when you harden one time per use, it's how you heal during VC, just stack up on them.

Ornate Tokens at max familiarity allow you to be immune to 1 hit, good for no shell. You have to cast it, then after being hit when hardened, that triggers it so that the next attack does no damage to you, obviously stack up on these as well.

I wanted to use Ornate Tokens in the main game no shell, but you can't as it takes 10 to max it so it's no damage and there are only 1 to find in the main game, so only 1 is available really. Solomon levels it up quicker sure, but u can't use that perk on no shell.

I guess now though with the VC, u can max Ornate Tokens in there, then you have 10 for main game no shell!!! (I noticed familiarity is transferred between VC and MG)

I think a lot of buffs stack as well, similar to how you can use multiple mushrooms at a time to heal faster. I used 2 x Golden Bells at once and my resolve gain was stupidly fast, couldn't believe my eyes ;)

Edited by Optinooby

I just did a no shell cycle, seed 300000 and you only get mortal tokens, and one starting ability token. So basically it will add up to +1000 stamina and +500 health anyway. Very easy.

The dark obsidian shell cycle is going to be really tough since you get only 100 health, and you lose health over time. But you have a lot of speed and riposte stuff.

Edited by UndeadSephx
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Mortal Tokens heal you when you harden one time per use, it's how you heal during VC, just stack up on them

Ok, I see exactly witch they are. I didn't remember theses and I don't have the game right now... So with a lot of them we can heal like with mushrooms.

With the Dark Obsidian Shell, if we loose health over time, we will have to speedrun the game. I did my No Shell run in the main game like that. Skip everything, the Ice temple I did the fall to skip all the way down direct to the boss. 

6 hours ago, UndeadSephx said:

There Can Only Be One
Beat all variations of the Dark Shells in The Virtuous Cycle.

For this one I done these variations so far.
173141    Harros    eredrim + tiel    solomon
950362    solomon    eredrim + harros    tiel
106586    harros    eredrim + solomon    tiel

Out of 5 finished cycles 2 were repeats, so it would help if you guys post different variantion seeds. I assume they are tied with the seed number.

Heres the one i did last night.  Is this really the requirement? Thats a lot of cycles.  

932648  Eridrim  Solomon +Tiel   Harros

Edited by maisie666

4 hours ago, maisie666 said:

Heres the one i did last night.  Is this really the requirement? Thats a lot of cycles

If it's really that... It will be 12 cycles just for this trophy...

Someone have a confirmation of the requirement for this trophy ?

Edit : My first count was 24 cycles but I was wrong.

Edited by Luckymaniac

3 hours ago, Luckymaniac said:

If it's really that... It will be 24 cycles just for this trophy...

Someone have a confirmation of the requirement for this trophy ?

If this is the requirement, then this is far worse than the Obsidian Shell in my eyes

But, has anybody come across a TEMPORAL STONE??

It's a new tooltip I see on loading screens, a sort of fast travel item but what is it, is it some rare item in the VC that warps you to other dungeons fast??

Edited by Optinooby

6 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

If this is the requirement, then this is far worse than the Obsidian Shell in my eyes

But, has anybody come across a TEMPORAL STONE??

It's a new tooltip I see on loading screens, a sort of fast travel item but with is it, is it some rare item in the VC that warps you to other dungeons fast??

Nan I think I'm wrong with the 24. At first I didn't see there's a dual boss during the fight. At max there will be max 12 variations I think.

9 or 12, if it count the exact order of the fight or if he count the 2 solos boss as one. Like Solomon alone first or last, if it's count like the same variation or not.

17 minutes ago, Luckymaniac said:

Nan I think I'm wrong with the 24. At first I didn't see there's a dual boss during the fight. At max there will be max 12 variations I think.

9 or 12, if it count the exact order of the fight or if he count the 2 solos boss as one. Like Solomon alone first or last, if it's count like the same variation or not.

Still crap, hopefully though, hopefully it just refers to the first boss, so perhaps only 4 variations...???

Otherwise for each boss shell, which are 4, there could be 4 variations for each shell so  every single boss counts as a variation so 4 x 4 perhaps for a total of 16 variations.....I dunno I've not calculated it just multiplying the shell number.

If Harro is first, then there could be 3 different shell at the end of the variation, ah yea, so maybe ur right mate, 4 x 3 for a total of 12

Though I'm keeping my fingers crossed that's it only requires each shell to be a starting boss. For all we know, that may be what triggers the variation, the starting boss, the others are perhaps random somewhat or not counted

I don't know the exact requirement, so that is why I started to track it and share it with you guys maybe it helps. 

I'm hoping it's less than 12 runs and maybe you only need to do 4 runs, one with each shell being the first. Since I never had Tiel as the first one. If any of you done one with Tiel first, please share the seed ? so I can try

1 hour ago, UndeadSephx said:

I don't know the exact requirement, so that is why I started to track it and share it with you guys maybe it helps. 

I'm hoping it's less than 12 runs and maybe you only need to do 4 runs, one with each shell being the first. Since I never had Tiel as the first one. If any of you done one with Tiel first, please share the seed 1f601.png so I can try

429940    Tiel (1st)   Harros+eridrim    solomon(last)  The narthax boss key is next to brother corvid.

Have you finished with all 6 charactors yet?  I m wondering if you have to finish with all 6 dark skins.   No idea for now.

Edited by maisie666