Why is nobody finished?

J_E_B_B

8 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

The game only just came out, that's why. It will be a few days before anyone gets the Plat, especially since this version has a ton of new content we've never seen before.

Makes sense that nobody is finished if there is a ton of new content. Otherwise it would be very surprising to me considering people are saying the list isn’t too tough due to save abuse, and as a comparison, a handful of people had the platinum for Doom 1993 within a couple days, so I expected the same story with Quake.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, J_E_B_B said:

You would figure that veterans of Quake would have finished release day

"veterans of Quake" are playing on PC and often don't care about PS trophies

I don't mean that in a sarcastic way, I just find this to be an odd sentence when most of the Quake fanbase is overwhelmingly PC players.

However, looking at the Steam achievements no one has finished over there either, which I find a bit more surprising

Anyway, as has been stated

• there's a ton of content here, even if you never died idk if people could have plat by now
  • this release afaik was kind of out of nowhere, so it's not like people had notice to start stockpiling energy drinks and taking off work or whatever

ok i see your new post just now

as far as I know the original Doom release doesn't have as much stuff as this game. it's probably as long as the original "quake" 4 episodes you select when you start. There's like 3 to 5 times as much stuff here as far as I can tell, just as a very rough estimate.

Also, that release had a bugged Nightmare! difficulty, which ended up making it a lot easier (that's been patched in the meantime)

• Like 3

I'm currently at a child's birthday party (PJ Masks).

Even then, I'm in the middle of PvZ grind, preparing for Tsushima & Maneater DLCs, not to mention Aliens Fireteam & Godfall.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MANU1950 said:

Is complicated the platinum?

It's not an easy task, Nightmare difficulty is hard so you need caution and patience to get through the end of the levels, that's why you need to save a lot. Watchout tho because it may happen that your save files could be corrupted and it can happen at any time!! (The second time it happened to me was AT THE VERY END THE FINAL EPISODE OF THE FINAL CAMPAIGN! I had to replay ALL of the campaign on Nightmare because I lost all my progress, just when I needed just the last 3 minutes to finish it! 3 hours lost because of it...)

The trophies where you need to finish E1M1 without shooting in Nightmare and finish E4M6 taking no damaged on Nightmare are also a pain in the ass. Tip for E4M6: do this trophy when you are playing the campaign on Nightmare beacuse you will have guns and ammo obtained in the previous episodes, do NOT play it with SELECT EPISODE or it will be much more difficult since you start only with the shotgun

• Like 3

Beating each of the 5 campaigns on Nightmare is time-consuming (3 hours or so for each, double that for the base Quake campaign), but it’s all doable with the right save-scumming. Would have been nice to have access to the console for cheats, but it would have made the platinum a sub 10-hour experience.

With regard to Painless Maze trophy, I managed it on Chapter Select but it was painful. You only get the single barrel shotgun and the Arc gun for most of the entire level but you can save scum throughout, completing one encounter at a time and reloading anytime you take damage. The worst of it is the basement area where the blue dementors are nesting and you have to hit 4 buttons to get the lift running. That section alone will break some people.

• Like 3

On 8/27/2021 at 1:35 PM, DWreckt- said:

Beating each of the 5 campaigns on Nightmare is time-consuming (3 hours or so for each, double that for the base Quake campaign), but it’s all doable with the right save-scumming. Would have been nice to have access to the console for cheats, but it would have made the platinum a sub 10-hour experience.

With regard to Painless Maze trophy, I managed it on Chapter Select but it was painful. You only get the single barrel shotgun and the Arc gun for most of the entire level but you can save scum throughout, completing one encounter at a time and reloading anytime you take damage. The worst of it is the basement area where the blue dementors are nesting and you have to hit 4 buttons to get the lift running. That section alone will break some people.

The section with the Spawns and the 4 buttons can be done hassle-free if you save the Ring of Invisibility in the room with water for this moment. Make a save before grabbing the ring, then move quickly to the room with the Spawns. There'll be just enough time to hit the four buttons and get on the elevator without any of the Spawns noticing you at all.

• Like 1

That's how I tried at first but I found a somewhat cheesy but ultimately easier approach:

When you enter the room with the trap that'll shove you towards the spawns, you can move a little bit towards the spawns before the trap activates.

I then just stood there and fired into the spawns. They will move towards you but cannot jump over the edge. After a short while they are all cobbled before the edge and you can easily take them out. You usually only have to kill one or two and it will destroy almost all of them, chain reaction style.

It's even easier if you still have a grenade launcher from the previous level and just hurl some nades in there.

But even if you start via level select the regular shotty is enough.

The trophy was challenging, for sure, but I rather have  something like this than a tedious "find all secret areas in each and every level" kinda thing, those are boring.

ceno

Edited by cenorexia
  • Like 2