Is Iki Island worth 20€?

Carol

I am trying to save some money for a PS5 and everything counts, so I don’t want to spend money on superfluous things, as much as possible.

However, I am curious about the Iki Island expansion and I would like to have my 100% back.

I didn’t like the gameplay from the main game much; I found it too dull and repetitive. So, my question is: is there something original (like some light puzzles, that I think would benefit the main game a lot) about Iki Island, in terms of gameplay, or it’s the same formula from the main game (follow some tracks —> kill enemies)?

I am sure the open-world continues to be gorgeous, but if there’s nothing new about the gameplay, I will probably wait for a sale.

Thank you for your opinions!

From what I can tell so far, it's just more of the same. If you didn't like the gameplay in the vanilla game, this isn't going to change your mind. More Mongol camps, more bamboo cutting, more document collecting, more haiku... you get the idea. They added a new minigame instead of the foxes, but that's about it.

That being said, I think the expansion is worth the asking price, at least for fans of the game.

Edited by ShadowReplicant
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Carol said:

I didn’t like the gameplay from the main game much; I found it too dull and repetitive

This is more of the same. Would not recommend to anyone, unless you really love this game. I got really bored by the main game and DLC was a really tedious slog for me. There are some nice things in Ghost of Tsushima(some creative activities), but the characters are too bland and forgettable. I didn't invest in the story at all and the gameplay isn't something to support a 50 hours long game.

• Like 1

It's more of the same but improved and harder.

Jin gets his much needed character arc.

Your horse gets some upgrades that should have been in the base game TBH (Charge, Armor and Item Pack Reserves)

Enemy AI and moveset are improved and more aggressive.

Duel boss AI will humiliate you unless you git gud. Especially the Bokken tournament.

There quite many new accessories some of which are very strong and also dramatically boost-change gameplay even beyond the DLC area.

New dyes for new and old armor sets, some of which look very very good.

There's a lot of stuff to do and get so I think the price is worth it. The SP part is very solid, personally.

The Legends part though....nerfs nerfs nerfs ?

• Like 2