Gonzo7166

Upgrading to ps4 version director's cut on ps5

18 posts in this topic

I own the ps4 disc version of GoT. I want to play the director's cut ps4 version on my PS5 without paying 10 more dollars to upgrade to the PS5 version.

The only way I can find to get the director's cut on the PS5 is by paying $30 to  upgrade it to the ps5 version director's cut.

I do not want to upgrade to the ps5 version.

Is the only way to do this by playing the game on my PS4 instead of PS5?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No you can buy the PS4 director's cut content in the store on PS5. It's what I did.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I don't know. I feel like an idiot, but I have been looking for a while now and cannot find an option to get the director's cut without upgrading to the ps5 version.

The disc is currently in the system and the game is updated to the most current version.

While in the game for the director's cut, it tells me to go to the playstation store to purchase.

In the playstation store my only options are the $30 ps5 upgrade, and a $70 option(which i assume is purchasing the entire game even though the disc is in the system)

 

Edited by Gonzo7166
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for any confusion, I'm not sure what was happening.

All I did was log onto PSN on a PS4 and buy the IKI island expansion. Problem solved.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My buddy had the same issue last night.  He had to use the phone app to buy just the PS4 upgrade.  It only shows the $30 version when searching on a PS5.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm on PS5 with PS4 disc and I only have a $30 upgrade in my store but it says it's the PS4 upgrade. I checked my phone app and it's the $30 upgrade there as well, PS4 Director's Cut. I'm in Aus though so the prices will probably be different to you guys.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, PeachyJacobs said:

I'm on PS5 with PS4 disc and I only have a $30 upgrade in my store but it says it's the PS4 upgrade. I checked my phone app and it's the $30 upgrade there as well, PS4 Director's Cut. I'm in Aus though so the prices will probably be different to you guys.

I even checked using my dummy account to try and help him, and all I could find was the $30 PS4 to PS5 upgrade.  That one does supposedly does come with the PS4 version too, but here it does not list that in its description.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cannot check atm, but I am pretty sure I saw the PS4 DC upgrade option right under the (PS4) game page on the PS5 dashboard (by pressing down on the d-pad at the screen with the play and the three dots buttons to go to the add-ons section).

 

Moreover, searching "ghost of tsushima" showed me the upgrade there as well (both on console and on the web store).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think im going to do this same thing - play the ps4 director's cut on ps5, because i don't want to replay everything to clean up my missing ps4 trophies. Ill probably just grab the ps5 directors cut when it's 10 bucks for the autopop. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2021 at 2:38 PM, Snake2410 said:

My buddy had the same issue last night.  He had to use the phone app to buy just the PS4 upgrade.  It only shows the $30 version when searching on a PS5.

This is, basically, what I had to do. I bought it on the site through a browser, but yeah, no matter what I did, it wouldn't show the PS4 upgrade if I searched on PS5. Even when I bought it, there was no real indication on my PS5 that I had actually gotten the upgrade, like the tile didn't change, don't think I downloaded anything new (aside from the "bonus content" which was probably unnecessary), but when I booted the game up, it worked, so I dunno. Glad I'm not the only one with that issue though.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Seibei4211 said:

This is, basically, what I had to do. I bought it on the site through a browser, but yeah, no matter what I did, it wouldn't show the PS4 upgrade if I searched on PS5. Even when I bought it, there was no real indication on my PS5 that I had actually gotten the upgrade, like the tile didn't change, don't think I downloaded anything new (aside from the "bonus content" which was probably unnecessary), but when I booted the game up, it worked, so I dunno. Glad I'm not the only one with that issue though.

Weirdly last night the PS4 upgrade now shows in my add on list when you scroll down on the dashboard menu for the game.  Sony must be trying to fix whatever is going on that's preventing it from showing up on PS5.  It wasn't there Friday/Saturday when it seems like a lot of people were having issues.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The $19.99 upgrade didn't show up for me over the weekend on the PS5 store.  It showed up on the online PSN store, but I ultimately just bought the DLC on the PS4 store where it properly showed.  After I purchased that the PS5 store's Director's Cut DLC changed into the $10.00 PS5 upgrade.  Kind of weird, but hopefully they fixed that bug with the PS5 store considering there is no real reason to buy the PS5 upgrade since you have to do the DLC on the PS4 version to maintain trophy completion for the game anyway.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, does upgrading to the PS5 version of the director's cut include PS4 version as well for the $30 upgrade path? I really want to go back on my PS4 version to finish all the trophies... In additional to getting all the trophies on the PS5, so two 100 percent completions eventually for each

Edited by TaigaSupaWingz
Forgot to add some details
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Purchase the PS4 Director's Cut via browser or mobile app. Or if you still have a PS4 do it through there, doing it via PS5 will just lead to the PS5 Director's Cut.

11 minutes ago, TaigaSupaWingz said:

Hey guys, does upgrading to the PS5 version of the director's cut include PS4 version as well for the $30 upgrade path? I really want to go back on my PS4 version to finish all the trophies... In additional to getting all the trophies on the PS5, so two 100 percent completions eventually for each

I don't see why it wouldn't.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TaigaSupaWingz said:

Hey guys, does upgrading to the PS5 version of the director's cut include PS4 version as well for the $30 upgrade path? I really want to go back on my PS4 version to finish all the trophies... In additional to getting all the trophies on the PS5, so two 100 percent completions eventually for each

i bought the ps5 DC version £24.99 here in the UK, and it unlocks the dlc for the ps4 version.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, KAdamsy1 said:

i bought the ps5 DC version £24.99 here in the UK, and it unlocks the dlc for the ps4 version.

 Thanks for the clear reply mate. Looking forward to Iki Island soon! 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if buying the physical PS5 Director's Cut also allows access to the PS4 Director's Cut? I'm just slightly confused by the various upgrade paths available. I want to get the Platinum on both the PS4 and PS5 version. Should I buy the PS4 base game then upgrade to PS5 Director's Cut or just buy the PS5 physical Director's Cut?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now