Your longest time to 100% a game

Stevieboy

I think Dead By Daylight, it took me 6 months to plat while playing it a lot but I was also playing other games.

The next one would be The Last of Us Remastered 3 months cause multiplayer was a bore and I only played a few matches every few days.

The Witcher 3 shows 2 years but thats because I played it for an hour or so, left it for 2 years and returned. Ultimately I platted it in a month or a little over.

L531aec.png

Longest platinum:  1 year, 3 months

It's because I crapped out on this game in one walkthrough and let it sit on the shelf for a long time before I picked it back up again.  The soft locking did not help either!

L8f6609.png\

Longest platinum (that I don't think is due to dropping this game for an excessively long time):  6 months, 2 weeks

I remember buying this game for my birthday (in March), and I'm sure there were a couple months that I busy with work so I could only really play on weekends.  I also remember going through all the extra game content -- all the Espers, unlocking all technicks and magicks, etc. -- this time around that I didn't even try to do in the original.  

I was going to say that for me it was WWE 2k17 for the ps3 as it took me 10 months & 2 weeks to get 100% of the trophies on & I only did it because at the time the on line servers were due to be turned off & I only needed 1 more on line trophy to get for the platinum which I managed to do before the servers got shut down but it turns out that my longest time to get 100% of the trophies on something is the Welcome Park for the ps vita which took me 1 year & 2 months to get 100% of the trophies one. I'm sure most people probably wont class Welcome Park as a game & I'm fine with that so if people do want to ignore Welcome Park then the longest time for 100%  of the trophies on a game would go to wwe 2k17 for the ps3

With a different methodology (counting in-game hours), I'm near the platinum of Dragon Quest Heroes 2 with 160 hours, this is by far the most hours I've spent in a game (not counting different versions of games) on the PlayStation platform.

Longest platinum- Transformers revenge of the fallen 10 years, 3 months

Longest 100%- Golden axe 8 years, 8 months

Longest 100% plat w/dlc- plants vs zombies GW 3 years, 5 months

Usually the longer I leave games the more I can’t be bothered to play/complete them. Probably also a reflection of me enjoying the game or not. 

It ain’t a race

Funny, I just got my "longest" yesterday. It's for the PS3 remaster of the PS1 "Jojo's Bizarre Adventure HD" game. I had done everything on it except for getting a perfect win against N'doul. Since I was playing the new(er) Jojo game "Eyes of Heaven" I decided to see if I could get 100% in all Jojo games and decided to try for the final HD trophy. I fired up my PS3 and took two days of practicing but managed to get it.

So my longest 100%... 7 years and 7 months! Glad to have done now though!

If we are talking about real time spent, then my answer is The Witcher 3 where I spent over 300+ to earn its platinum, 3 months and 2 weeks. Mostly because I was new and didn't know how to play the game, had killed Keira Metz and last but not least because enjoyed playing it!

If we are talking about the longest time gap between trophies, then my answer is Xenoverse which took me 1 year and 6 months. It was my first game on my account and I had done everything, even things that I didn't have to like achieving Z rank on every story mission, side quest, mentor quests etc because I'm a fan of this franchise and the only reason why it took so long is because the game has online trophies and I didn't have a subscription to finish it.

But to be fair I don't really think these two "count" because I didn't drop them. The only game(so far) that I have dropped because I couldn't 100% it was Ys Origins, which took 5 months and 1 week. My 2nd favorite game and one of my proudest platinums, it has a quite difficult platinum asking you to do a boss rush on the hardest difficulty with preset level and equipment and a tendency to crush after hitting retry many times. It was among my first 7-10 games and I was going after 100% to 100% and it was the first time that I said "I can't do it" and had to give up. After that I played The Witcher 3, which I think it's the game that made the trophy-hunter that I'm today and I tried to beat Ys Origins again and finally managed to do it!

Edited by Kiyan-13

• 3 years later...