Gem Farming Issue

kinnyman

Hi everyone.  I have all the artifacts including the one you get from the mission.  I've activated the gem skill in my character menu.  I'm running around forts and targeting all the white orcs, but all the gems I keep getting are basic ones.  The only time I get any carved gems are when I kill ologs.  I was under the impression once you get all the artifacts and the skill, you will collect carved gems more often.  I literally never get a carved gem unless from an olog, and even then, it seems like I'm getting 1000 mithril more often than a gem.

Is this normal, or is something glitched?  Also, is there a better farming method than running around forts with the alarm going?  Unfortunately, any online farming wouldn't work because the guide I'm following has me disconnect from PSN before booting the game for something related to your fortress later on. 

LOL  Sorry.  It was my fault.  Instead of prospector being activated, I had discerning eye activated ?  I'll leave this open if anyone wants to post any other viable farming methods besides running around forts unless a mod wants to scrap it.  Sorry again.