Iki Exploration BEFORE Story Possible?

Esquoret

This is gonna sound like a silly question, but is it possible to unlock all the Iki Exploration trophies BEFORE unlocking any of the Iki Island story trophies?

Long story short, I'd rather not dive too deep into the story, since one trophy (Common Courtesy) requires playing the Legends mode, which I assume would unlock at least another trophy on the Legends list (Promising Start: Complete a Legends Mode story)... This chain reaction sucks in my OCD opinion.

3 minutes ago, Esquoret said:

This is gonna sound like a silly question, but is it possible to unlock all the Iki Exploration trophies BEFORE unlocking any of the Iki Island story trophies?

Long story short, I'd rather not dive too deep into the story, since one trophy (Common Courtesy) requires playing the Legends mode, which I assume would unlock at least another trophy on the Legends list (Promising Start: Complete a Legends Mode story)... This chain reaction sucks in my OCD opinion.

You'd probably be hard pressed to avoid increasing your legend (which unlocks a story trophy) if you do a lot of the exploration trophies.

Edited by bikeman223

1 minute ago, bikeman223 said:

You'd probably be hard pressed to avoid increasing your legend (which unlocks a story trophy) if you do a lot of the exploration trophies.

I can probably work around that by re-loading earlier saves after finishing up one or two collectibles first, then target different collectibles. Thanks for this observation though.

My fear is regarding if there are any collectibles / trophies that are inaccessible before completing the story?

24 minutes ago, Esquoret said:

I can probably work around that by re-loading earlier saves after finishing up one or two collectibles first, then target different collectibles. Thanks for this observation though.

My fear is regarding if there are any collectibles / trophies that are inaccessible before completing the story?

Promising start is for the Legends multiplayer not the Legends level

12 minutes ago, junckerkids said:

Promising start is for the Legends multiplayer not the Legends level

So what you're saying is that they're different things?

Regardless, I think it still require Legends mode to be played, as per this paragraph from PowerPyx's guide (note the last line): "Talk to Uta who is sitting in a hut at Yahata Forest, in the east of Iki Island. When talking to her the first time she’ll ask you to seek out Gyozen the blind chronicler of legends. Interact with her again immediately after to tell her the tale of Legends Mode. If she gives you the item “White Kitsune Mask” you’ve done it correctly and it counted. If you cannot talk to her a second time, it means you don’t have enough story progress in Legends Mode."

But are you actually saying that Common Courtesy can be unlocked without touching the Promising Start trophy?

24 minutes ago, Esquoret said:

But are you actually saying that Common Courtesy can be unlocked without touching the Promising Start trophy?

I think they're just telling you that legends multiplayer is separate from the legend system, which is the reputation you get from doing things in single player. I don't know why they're telling you this, as it didn't seem like there was any confusion about it, but that's probably just due to my lack of knowing all things in life.

I'm pretty sure you do need to do the legends mission in order to recite the story for the lady for one of those common courtesy events.

The "story" list for Iki only has one trophy for the main story. The rest are just for doing things. Really, the distinction between story and exploration with these lists is a bit arbitrary, as they're both just completion things. The only thing you can't avoid popping from the story list is the legend trophy for reaching that specific reputation level, as that's essentially experience points.

None of the collectibles, side activities or side quests require completion of the main story but you do have to reach a specific point. Also the dye trophy requires completing one out of the two mythic quests, but you could avoid popping the story trophy by avoiding the other one. Also as a priority I would advise completing a few main story missions, as there is a plot thing that happens that kind of adds extra little scenes for just about every event you do on the island. I assume you'll just miss this if you complete all the side stuff before that specific mission (if even possible), or after the story has concluded.

6 hours ago, IDiivil said:

I think they're just telling you that legends multiplayer is separate from the legend system, which is the reputation you get from doing things in single player. I don't know why they're telling you this, as it didn't seem like there was any confusion about it, but that's probably just due to my lack of knowing all things in life.

I'm pretty sure you do need to do the legends mission in order to recite the story for the lady for one of those common courtesy events.

The "story" list for Iki only has one trophy for the main story. The rest are just for doing things. Really, the distinction between story and exploration with these lists is a bit arbitrary, as they're both just completion things. The only thing you can't avoid popping from the story list is the legend trophy for reaching that specific reputation level, as that's essentially experience points.

None of the collectibles, side activities or side quests require completion of the main story but you do have to reach a specific point. Also the dye trophy requires completing one out of the two mythic quests, but you could avoid popping the story trophy by avoiding the other one. Also as a priority I would advise completing a few main story missions, as there is a plot thing that happens that kind of adds extra little scenes for just about every event you do on the island. I assume you'll just miss this if you complete all the side stuff before that specific mission (if even possible), or after the story has concluded.

Dye trophy also requires you to finish the first 5 main story quests because upon completion of the 5th one you unlock the bokken duels and you need to finish all 4 duels to unlock the red dye shop.