Getting the best from double xp

JimNGary4Jay

So yesterday I finished the grind to rank 100 with thanks to a few little extra bonuses I came across so I thought I'd share them with you if you are chasing that rank 100 trophy. This was done without any unyielding armour. I began double xp at rank 40 and was at 100 within 2 days playing for approx 4 hours per night

Firstly you want to max out your intelligence and throw some points in charisma. Perks cards you need are:

Inspirational (tier 3) for 15% xp bonus while in a team

Curator for the double duration of Bobbleheads and magazines (if you have any xp bonus bobbleheads/ magazines you will gain the benefit for 2 hours)

Secondly you ideally need to have:

Cranberry relish recipe (10% bonus xp for 1 hour)

Cranberry Jam recipe (5% bonus xp for 1 hour)

Stewed meat (from 'Feed the people')

Thirdly you ideally need to sleep for the 10% xp well rested bonus.

Then you need to join a 3 man squad with either intelligence or xp for completing events active and let it max out (+4 intelligence/ +100% xp bonus for completing events)

And this is where the last huge chunk comes in, purchase 40 lunchboxes with atoms, have a supply of mentats and begin hitting the events.

When the event is counting down you should pop 4 lunchboxes to give a 100% bonus to xp and pop a mentats giving either +2/3 to intelligence. 

For events like radiation rumble you ideally need a fast firing weapon or grenades to mop up the xp from kills, for events like grahms meat cook just focus on killing a few critters but you don't need to go out your way to kill everything, just get a few hits on the enemies and the other players who are more built for damage will mop them up. I didn't test this with other events but these 2 proved to be invaluable to me hitting the rank 100. 

With as many bonuses active as possible I generally had

15 intelligence +2 intelligence from mentats

100% xp for completing events

Double xp

100% xp from lunchboxes

10% xp from Cranberry relish

5% xp from magazines

10% xp from well rested

Egg head mutation

Herd mentality mutation 

As you can see that's a huge bonus of 225% xp bonuses without factoring in the intelligence which at its highest I had 28 (egghead and herd mentality mutation was active)

I jumped from rank 92 to rank 100 during one run of radiation rumble to give you an idea of some of the level gains. Obviously the lower the level the more you'll rank up.

Good luck to you all and I hope this helps. Also please note that this can be used outside of double xp to as the bonuses will still be quite high

• Like 3